Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 477 of 652 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 9,521 to 9,540 of 13033
Like Tree3139Likes

Thread: Liana owners & fan club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Dawudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    bring it on...

  2. #9521
    PakWheeler Follow
    khurribaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    Waise overall ab car ki perf kya hai after gasket? Coolant/water less ho raha hai ab? How is engine behaving now?
    performance buhat behter hy, 3 weeks k baad b water kum nai hwa, engine performance b achi ab buhat, par abi tak may ny A/C ON nai kya hy or total CNG par he running hu rhi hy

  3. #9522
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,909
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khurribaba View Post
    performance buhat behter hy, 3 weeks k baad b water kum nai hwa, engine performance b achi ab buhat, par abi tak may ny A/C ON nai kya hy or total CNG par he running hu rhi hy
    Ac tou hum bhi bilkul bhi nahi chalate.

  4. #9523
    PakWheeler Follow
    khurribaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    Ac tou hum bhi bilkul bhi nahi chalate.
    koi khaas waja na chalany ke?? june may tu zarorat pary ge

  5. #9524
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Proverbial_Slang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,906
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post
    Problem is that those who have money usually don't have tameez and care for their rides. The biggest jackasses and bullies are usually the richest in a corrupt country like ours and they treat everything around them in the same way they treat their cars.
    Agreed 100%

    Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

  6. #9525
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    car_bus2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,770
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    mei to AC ke sath chala raha gari...i did 445km in 36.58ltr petrol with AC full time.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

  7. #9526
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    mei to AC ke sath chala raha gari...i did 445km in 36.58ltr petrol with AC full time.
    Punjab k weather ki adat haina apko

  8. #9527
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,909
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Punjab k weather ki adat haina apko
    Waise waqai, karachi har lehaz se unique hai esp weather.. I wear shorts and a Tshirt all the time in dec and jan still jab k tv pe dikha rhe hotay hain k punjab, kpk etc me log leather jackets etc etc :p

  9. #9528
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ok guys so here is how today I removed my Liana's fan from direct setting. First of all, this is what service manual tells about the fan control circuitary.
    liana Owners & fan club -1652457
    liana Owners & fan club -1652431

    This basically means that the pin 18 is connected to the collector of this npn transistor (must be internally pulled up) and as soon as it is pulled to ground, the fan will turn on. So...

    I took my multi-meter and went down to the garage and popped the hood open. Under the radiator fan relay box housing, I was able to find that this brown cable from C21-18 was forcefully pulled to ground. Here are some pictures.
    liana Owners & fan club -1652428
    liana Owners & fan club -1652429

    I removed the tape from this joint and pulled off the ground wire from the brown one and that was it. My fan was no longer direct.

    I then started the car and let it run for about 15 - 20 minutes at idle. Engine temperature needle steadily rose to around midway between C and H mark. But then, instead of the fan coming on, the car hesitated and engine died. Check engine light also came on while engine was hesitating, before I turned the key off. I also noticed that when I turned the AC switch on, only the condenser fan was running instead of both the fans. Seems like there is some other mis-connection that I need to find out. Will keep on investigating. Any suggestions from experts are welcome

  10. #9529
    PakWheeler Follow
    mfniazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post
    Ok guys so here is how today I removed my Liana's fan from direct setting. First of all, this is what service manual tells about the fan control circuitary.
    liana Owners & fan club -1652457
    liana Owners & fan club -1652431

    This basically means that the pin 18 is connected to the collector of this npn transistor (must be internally pulled up) and as soon as it is pulled to ground, the fan will turn on. So...

    I took my multi-meter and went down to the garage and popped the hood open. Under the radiator fan relay box housing, I was able to find that this brown cable from C21-18 was forcefully pulled to ground. Here are some pictures.
    liana Owners & fan club -1652428
    liana Owners & fan club -1652429

    I removed the tape from this joint and pulled off the ground wire from the brown one and that was it. My fan was no longer direct.

    I then started the car and let it run for about 15 - 20 minutes at idle. Engine temperature needle steadily rose to around midway between C and H mark. But then, instead of the fan coming on, the car hesitated and engine died. Check engine light also came on while engine was hesitating, before I turned the key off. I also noticed that when I turned the AC switch on, only the condenser fan was running instead of both the fans. Seems like there is some other mis-connection that I need to find out. Will keep on investigating. Any suggestions from experts are welcome
    Try to remove coolant temperature sensor's connector, which can be located on the radiator top hose connecting to engine's head, and short the two wires with a jumper cable and verify whether fan is ON or not.

  11. #9530
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfniazi View Post
    Try to remove coolant temperature sensor's connector, which can be located on the radiator top hose connecting to engine's head, and short the two wires with a jumper cable and verify whether fan is ON or not.
    When I pull the ECT sensor connector on a running engine, engine starts to die (I believe this is normal). So should I perform this test with ignition turned on but engine not started? By the way, I also verified the pins C20-1 and C20-3 and both are shorted to ground as they should be according to the circuit diagram. I'm starting to think that the ECU's onboard transistors could be bad. But willing to carry out other tests before diving into this.

  12. #9531
    PakWheeler Follow
    mfniazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post
    When I pull the ECT sensor connector on a running engine, engine starts to die (I believe this is normal). So should I perform this test with ignition turned on but engine not started?
    Try with either way. In any case, the fan should kick on with this method.

  13. #9532
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfniazi View Post
    Try with either way. In any case, the fan should kick on with this method.
    Give me 5 minutes, i'll try this right now and update here. brb

  14. #9533
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfniazi View Post
    Try with either way. In any case, the fan should kick on with this method.
    Okay I pulled the ECT sensor connector and the fan immediately kicked in. I then shorted the two wires of the ect connector with a jumper wire and the fan turned off for a second before it resumed and also the ac condenser side fan also turned on for a split second and then turned back off again while radiator side fan kept on running at high speed (not low). I plugged the ECT connector back on the sensor and the radiator fan turned off.

  15. #9534
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    This looks interesting as well. My ECT sensor connector and the ect sensor connecting pins are a bit dirty. I'll wipe them clean with a carb cleaner and see how it goes the next time I let it warm up. (fingers crossed)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaohKkQF3o

  16. #9535
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    As soon as I watched the above video, I was sure that I had the same problem because the car was idling but it was intermittently idling high and there were no codes on the odb2 scanner tool. Just a while ago I took out the ECT sensor and its connection pins were REALLY covered with dirt. It must have been making a highly unstable connection due to engine vibrations as engine was started. I sprayed the connection pins liberally with NASA carb cleaner that I had in stock at home and it was all nice and clean. Did the same with the connector along with gently scrubbing with a sewing needle. Then put it back on and started the car. It seemed MUCH more stable this time. Don't have time right now to let it warm up completely as I have to rush for office but I hope it will solve the issue. If it doesn't, i'll be replacing the ECT sensor because i'm sure the previous owner didn't change it even once during the 10 years of car's life. And if that doesn't fix it, i'll try a professional scanner since right now I'm only looking at it through a portable wifi scanner that connects with my phone.

  17. #9536
    PakWheeler Follow
    mfniazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post
    As soon as I watched the above video, I was sure that I had the same problem because the car was idling but it was intermittently idling high and there were no codes on the odb2 scanner tool. Just a while ago I took out the ECT sensor and its connection pins were REALLY covered with dirt. It must have been making a highly unstable connection due to engine vibrations as engine was started. I sprayed the connection pins liberally with NASA carb cleaner that I had in stock at home and it was all nice and clean. Did the same with the connector along with gently scrubbing with a sewing needle. Then put it back on and started the car. It seemed MUCH more stable this time. Don't have time right now to let it warm up completely as I have to rush for office but I hope it will solve the issue. If it doesn't, i'll be replacing the ECT sensor because i'm sure the previous owner didn't change it even once during the 10 years of car's life. And if that doesn't fix it, i'll try a professional scanner since right now I'm only looking at it through a portable wifi scanner that connects with my phone.
    What OBD scanner you are currently using?

    After reading your post, I thoroughly analyzed my car's cooling fans. When I switch on AC, only one fan runs, while the other fan only runs when coolant gets hot. May be there exists some problem with the wiring. I need to trace it first.

  18. #9537
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfniazi View Post
    What OBD scanner you are currently using?

    After reading your post, I thoroughly analyzed my car's cooling fans. When I switch on AC, only one fan runs, while the other fan only runs when coolant gets hot. May be there exists some problem with the wiring. I need to trace it first.
    How hot exactly does the coolant get before the radiator fan starts? I mean where is the temperature needle when the cooling fan starts? In my case it was at around mid-point and the fan still had not kicked in. I also read it last night on a forum that it isn't necessary that both fans turn on when AC is turned on and it can be due to no coolant in the AC as well which shuts off a sort of valve switch in compressor and the radiator fan doesn't turn on. But that's not confirmed until I read it in an authentic document or see the wiring diagram first hand. And i'm using Foseal™ Scanner Adapter (Wifi enabled and supports IOS, Android and Windows).

  19. #9538
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Asslamualaikum,

    Here are a few pics of my Liana eminent bought in Sept 2009 from Suzuki Islamabad Motors

    Alhumdullilah by the grace of Allah have tried to keep the car neat and clean

    Currently it has done 118,320 K.M. Here are a few pics which i took today

  20. #9539
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Engine Bay

    liana Owners & fan club -1652599

    liana Owners & fan club -1652600

  21. #9540
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Front Side

    liana Owners & fan club -1652601


    liana Owners & fan club -1652602

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •