65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Well brother what hioctane have to do with injector cleaning ? I remember a case of my friend passo running on mixture of hi octane and suddenly his car had knocking issue which were due to clogged injector if hioctane helps keeping injector clean than his car would have faced that issue BTW the guy seems unprofessional as the injector cleaning is done with alterasonic rays if you wanted to do it with injector cleaning fulid (less effective way) you should have bought some branded cleaner and poured in petrol tank
    Just my thought that hi octane is cleaner so I thought the injectors are clean because of this reason but definitely not the only reason for injectors being clean
    Yes as you right as seen in the pic the container in which the injectors are poured for cleaning it had the rays the guy told me about that but we're also dipped in the liquid and the ANSU machine automatically cleaned it while dipped in the liquid it ran the injectors

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok people got the tstat installed from suzuki motors i9 islamabd they friggin charged 2000+gst . that is friggin insane. But anyhow, the tstat is working fine. Fan kicks in at 97'c and brings temp down to 91-92. Have poured water as yet to make sure there are no leaks and will put in coolant in few days. And for the guy who said tstat valve is not a necessity,i seriously thought you were being sarcastic..
    Ignoring that, which oil should i use? Currently using shell hx7 that my friend put in and time for a change is near so suggestions? Oil along with cost and place to buy from please?
    One more thing, i want to open heaflighy of liana and clean it up.has anyone done DIY for this yet?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cracked View Post
    Ok people got the tstat installed from suzuki motors i9 islamabd they friggin charged 2000+gst . that is friggin insane. But anyhow, the tstat is working fine. Fan kicks in at 97'c and brings temp down to 91-92. Have poured water as yet to make sure there are no leaks and will put in coolant in few days. And for the guy who said tstat valve is not a necessity,i seriously thought you were being sarcastic..
    Ignoring that, which oil should i use? Currently using shell hx7 that my friend put in and time for a change is near so suggestions? Oil along with cost and place to buy from please?
    One more thing, i want to open heaflighy of liana and clean it up.has anyone done DIY for this yet?
    Since i m using castrol magnatic my car is performing good. Tstat is must.

Guys suggest me good suspension workshop somewhere near gulshan.

Sent from my Fire_Plus_LTE using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which manual? Service manual for m13a doesn't mention temperature of t.valve
    Not sure but I think it uses the 88 deg one

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If I recall it right zic x5 is 20w-50 which is quite thick for m13a 5w-30 is ideal for m13a I found Suzuki oil best for m13a

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If I recall it right zic x5 is 20w-50 which is quite thick for m13a 5w-30 is ideal for m13a I found Suzuki oil best for m13a
    Yar i used 10w 40 can i try 10w 30 next time what do u say?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    Not sure but I think it uses the 88 deg one

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Early Suzuki m13a use to come with 91C but no mostly 3s replace them with 88C and 82C

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kashif.Baig View Post
    Yar i used 10w 40 can i try 10w 30 next time what do u say?

Yes you can

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you can
    Great next oil change i will definitely switch to 5w 30

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

m using Zic 10W-40 since i bought liana last year no engine noise,excellent fuel economy,excellent mileage.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    So your mechanic just pointed his fingers at the t.stat and didn't even bother to check for the underlying issues that were the real cause of the overheating and coolant reduction? There could literally have been a ton of other issues. Blown H.Gasket, t.stat stuck in close position, leaking head/block (something he worked on just before the issue arised), clogged radiator. The consequences of removing the t.stat have been mentioned over and over on these forums and I hope people start taking these advice's seriously.

Read this. I hope it helps all of you who run their cars without the t.stat.

http://www.salemboysauto.com/faqs/faq-19.htm
    After reading your precious recommendations, I only want to say that I am not born on earth to maintain my Liana in a scientific manner. I purchased this car about 2 months ago. And in these 2 months, I visited approximately a dozen different mechanics including a, so called, 3S. Everyone came up with a different solution for my car's problem and ended up with nothing. I have already spent thousands of rupees on it and finally it is at least in a runnable state. The car now takes me whereever I wanna go. In Pakistan, I damn care about famous slogan many people talk aboit whether the engine equipt with thermostat valve, has quality coolant, containing 1.1 bar radiator cap, use TTY bolts and torque wrench and appropriate tightning sequence, etc. Maintaining a car in Pakistan is a serious and complicated business here.

Without writing famous slogan again and again, you and other experts should tell us about any best mechanic in Karachi and other cities who love to work with scientific methods.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didnt read the actual manual but that is what the suzuki waly said that manual says 82'c tstat to be used.
    What is cost of suzuki oil for liana? And one more thing. How to know if the timing belt is in good nick? Cuz engine had been replaced and i dont know how is the inside condition. Though there is no smoke, the car runs smooth with idle rpm of about 750-755. . no oil reduction. The mechanic at suzuki said it is japense engine and in good solid nick.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfniazi View Post
    After reading your precious recommendations, I only want to say that I am not born on earth to maintain my Liana in a scientific manner. I purchased this car about 2 months ago. And in these 2 months, I visited approximately a dozen different mechanics including a, so called, 3S. Everyone came up with a different solution for my car's problem and ended up with nothing. I have already spent thousands of rupees on it and finally it is at least in a runnable state. The car now takes me whereever I wanna go. In Pakistan, I damn care about famous slogan many people talk aboit whether the engine equipt with thermostat valve, has quality coolant, containing 1.1 bar radiator cap, use TTY bolts and torque wrench and appropriate tightning sequence, etc. Maintaining a car in Pakistan is a serious and complicated business here.

Without writing famous slogan again and again, you and other experts should tell us about any best mechanic in Karachi and other cities who love to work with scientific methods.
    +1

Insan pagal ho jaey oil ki grading dekhte dekhtr, tstat, engine noise, genuine parts etc etc.. Insam ki life me car k ilawa bohat zaruri kaam hain jinki priority bht zyada hai. Any thing done with a car which is making it work and car takes us amywhere we want without any hassle means its fine and one must be happy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfniazi View Post

You call maintaining a car scientific? Famous slogans? Non of us were born to maintain our cars on this earth so keep the childish remarks to the side. If you've invested a million rupees in something, atleast take care of it properly.

I don't know what the issues with the head gasket were that your mechanic worked on for but since you said it yourself that the overheating issues came after that particular work done, the only sensible answer was the engine consuming the coolant and a bad case of repairing work done by the mechanic on the head resulting in the overheating issue. Removing the t.stat is only gonna mask the original problem. I gave you the possible causes of the problems and shared a link so you can read that and understand it. I'm also gonna skip on all the other immature statements you gave. If someone tells you you've done something wrong, look into the matter and don't get all kamikaze.

Regarding the workshops in karachi, you can use the search bar. Its there for a reason on the main page and in the topics itself. I'm from Islamabad so I know a few here that actually have the proper equipment and tools (and most of them are linked to PW) but guys like saboor may know where to find workshops that have proper tools in Karachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    Absolutely right! I "undid" all the tapes and cutting with my 85' G11 previously. Learned a ton about cars. I had a box full of electric jumper, male and female and a roll of good quality wire. Had it running so strong eventually that I went upto Malam Jabba and Thandiani on CNG. Not to mention reversing all the cooling system jugaarrs i.e Tstat and dirent fan.

Why did you have to do a swap? All issues can be resolved as you mentioned.
    1) Because at that time, I wasn't very well informed about the m13a to diagnose the problem stated below
    2) The engine had started eating up one of the coils every week or so. The problem started when the driver sprayed water+oil in the engine bay while the there was no engine cover over the coils.
    3) M13a was always gonna be in the shadows when compared to the M18. We found a half cut with low miles and swapped the engine+box. Ran the stock ecu initially but later swapped that too.
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On a lighter note, this is what it feels like to be here.

liana Owners & fan club -1653092
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didnt read the actual manual but that is what the suzuki waly said that manual says 82'c tstat to be used.
    What is cost of suzuki oil for liana? And one more thing. How to know if the timing belt is in good nick? Cuz engine had been replaced and i dont know how is the inside condition. Though there is no smoke, the car runs smooth with idle rpm of about 750-755. . no oil reduction. The mechanic at suzuki said it is japense engine and in good solid nick.
    Its chain driven engine so don't worry about that the price of engine oil is 2.5k something

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys I need your suggestion. Today while I was performing the final steps of cleaning my Liana before finally placing the carpet and seats back inside, I found under the dash that the heater control motor cable was unplugged. I plugged it back and turned the key on, but there was a clicking sound from it so I unplugged it again. Later on I read about it and I think that it must have broken teeth and this is why my heater is not working. I need to know whether it can be repaired or do I have to replace it as a unit?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post
    In my case, it turned out that the mixture knob (black colored plastic knob) on the cng kit was set to TOO RICH due to previous owner dragging such a nice car on CNG. I removed the air restriction cover installed on the air intake pipe of air filter box (I never run my car on CNG, always on Petrol!) and turned the screw(black plastic knob on the cng kit) CLOCKWISE half turn at a time and observed engine response for almost 15 to 20 seconds before touching the knob again. Once stable, it was running like a charm! You could have the same issue. Btw, engine check light will turn on in case you are running too lean on petrol as well so you have to stay in between too rich and too lean. A rough estimate is, turn the mixture knob clockwise until it is fully tight. Then turn the mixture knob back counter-clockwise 4-5 full turns and observe engine running response side by side. Leave it when its stable and throttle response is good. Also, check if your throttle cable is intact and not about to give up.

liana Owners & fan club -1648551
    Thank you brother, you have been very informative but this KIT is not sequential KIT which comes in FF

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just a change of new genuine accelerator cable has resulted in excellent response of my car. A slight pressing of accelerator is meking it a rocket. I was experiencing petrol experience on cng..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello folks,
    i own LXI with FF CNG do din sa bhot missing kar rae hai slow me bund b hujati hai petrol pa b missing karti hai leken missing foran sa nai ati 15 20 min ki drive k bad ati hai or rat me ziada ati hai din me nai ati convert karny sa kbi kbi sai b hujati hai i cant figure kia problem hu sakti hai

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List