Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 534 of 651 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,680 of 13016
Like Tree3136Likes

Thread: Liana owners & fan club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Dawudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    bring it on...

  2. #10661
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    AOA Every one, need your help & advice, from all the experts especially @Skill Aamir bhae (hope got d name right & others whom i might not know as i have only gone through 102 Pages of this Thread so i don't know many , so Apologies in advance.

    We just bought a Liana2009 Lxi, Actually we had a Mehran for daily use, but sold it & Bought this car, which we bought from a very good friend of my Dad. We took this decision just to get a Bigger car, but after using for 2 weeks i came to conclude that This is an Incredible car, under-estimated for sure. Following is the detail of car, and also what i need to know on urgent basis because i have to tune it up, & from 100 pages i learned the things i need to change, plz add if i miss anything & advise me which i ask. My uncle from which we bought this car, took good care of it but i want to set it up from ground zero, as it is nearing 90k mileage, so i want to perform all overhauls.

    Mileage: 84k Colour: Black

    Things to do (All from Suzuki 3S)

    1. General Tuning/Engine Health/Diagnostic/Checkup
      Q (Do I need to have Throttle body serviced & Tappet Adjustment or are they part of Engine Tune up?)
    2. Engine Oil Change/Engine Flush
      Q (Which engine oil is best for Liana also mileage is 84k, Also which Engine Flush to use before changing oil?)
    3. Oil Filter Change
    4. Gear Oil Change
      Q (Which oil?)
    5. Coolant for Radiator
      Q (Which is best?)
    6. Power Steering Oil
      Q (I learned Liana has Hydraulic Power Steering, not EPS, so should I change it?? Steering Giving no problem though, but car has driven 84k)
    7. Clutch Oil Change
    8. Brake Oil Check
    9. Break Check up
    10. Sparks Plugs Changing
      Q (I learned 2 kind of plugs, one are normal; NGS other Iridium?? Kindly tell me which plugs to go if I want to go for other than NGS??)
    11. ABS Checkup
      Q (Do I need to have it check?? Working fine though)
    12. Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing (not from Suzuki 3S)
    13. AC Overhaul/ Air Ducts Cleaning (From Mr. Abu Bakar, G8, heard on pakwheel he is good)



    KINDLY HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, AS I HAVE TO GO CHECK THIS RIDE ON Hilly Areas & i want to set it before that. Thank toy all in advance. will post the pics soon.
    Congratez on your purchase (pics please )
    1)don't touch throttle body unless it really messed up get shims inspected (do it every 40k km)
    2) best engine oil for m13a is SGP 10w-40 or any 5w-30 api sn
    3)change it on every oil change
    4)Liana gearbox takes appox 2l oil use gl4 75w-90
    5)if there is tap water in radiator than you need a hard flush before adding coolant first pour toyota red coolant for 10k km and than after proper flush use caltex long life coolant (Toyota red coolant will instantly protect your radiator)

    7)you need to flush clutch fluid every year
    8)same as clutch fluid
    10)go for platinum if you don't won't to change sparks soon

  3. #10662
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Congratez on your purchase (pics please )
    1)don't touch throttle body unless it really messed up get shims inspected (do it every 40k km)
    2) best engine oil for m13a is SGP 10w-40 or any 5w-30 api sn
    3)change it on every oil change
    4)Liana gearbox takes appox 2l oil use gl4 75w-90
    5)if there is tap water in radiator than you need a hard flush before adding coolant first pour toyota red coolant for 10k km and than after proper flush use caltex long life coolant (Toyota red coolant will instantly protect your radiator)

    7)you need to flush clutch fluid every year
    8)same as clutch fluid
    10)go for platinum if you don't won't to change sparks soon
    Thnx Brother . Will post pics v soon IA
    2. If i go for ZIC Engine oil, 5w-30 or 10w-40 ???? Plus do i need engine Flush?? if so, which liquid to use??
    3. YES car was run on tap water before. Will have to flush it 1st the way you told.
    10. DOES NGK have platinum plugs ?? if not, then which ones i should use ?

  4. #10663
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    Thnx Brother . Will post pics v soon IA
    2. If i go for ZIC Engine oil, 5w-30 or 10w-40 ???? Plus do i need engine Flush?? if so, which liquid to use??
    3. YES car was run on tap water before. Will have to flush it 1st the way you told.
    10. DOES NGK have platinum plugs ?? if not, then which ones i should use ?
    *)I don't think you need to engine flush if engine never run cold for long trip & pcv valve/breather pipe in good shape I recommand SGP over zic still you If you want 5w-40 or 5w-30 is good
    *)NGK sells platinum spark plug under NGK BKR6EGP part no

  5. #10664
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    *)I don't think you need to engine flush if engine never run cold for long trip & pcv valve/breather pipe in good shape I recommand SGP over zic still you If you want 5w-40 or 5w-30 is good
    *)NGK sells platinum spark plug under NGK BKR6EGP part no
    Going for ZIC is not compulsory, will try to find SGP, if i could not find it, then i asked about ZIC.
    Engine is in v good health, & was well mainted by previous owner, so i think engine flush wont be nessacry. Will check pipe as you said.
    Platinum Plugs are the one i will go for.

    Once again Thank you for all the help.

  6. #10665
    anc
    anc is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    anc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Congratez on your purchase (pics please )
    1)don't touch throttle body unless it really messed up get shims inspected (do it every 40k km)
    2) best engine oil for m13a is SGP 10w-40 or any 5w-30 api sn
    3)change it on every oil change
    4)Liana gearbox takes appox 2l oil use gl4 75w-90
    5)if there is tap water in radiator than you need a hard flush before adding coolant first pour toyota red coolant for 10k km and than after proper flush use caltex long life coolant (Toyota red coolant will instantly protect your radiator)

    7)you need to flush clutch fluid every year
    8)same as clutch fluid
    10)go for platinum if you don't won't to change sparks soon
    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    Going for ZIC is not compulsory, will try to find SGP, if i could not find it, then i asked about ZIC.
    Engine is in v good health, & was well mainted by previous owner, so i think engine flush wont be nessacry. Will check pipe as you said.
    Platinum Plugs are the one i will go for.

    Once again Thank you for all the help.
    Abu bakar is a very honest a nice guy. Plus he knows his work

  7. #10666
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,902
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    AOA Every one, need your help & advice, from all the experts especially @Skill Aamir bhae (hope got d name right & others whom i might not know as i have only gone through 102 Pages of this Thread so i don't know many , so Apologies in advance.

    We just bought a Liana2009 Lxi, Actually we had a Mehran for daily use, but sold it & Bought this car, which we bought from a very good friend of my Dad. We took this decision just to get a Bigger car, but after using for 2 weeks i came to conclude that This is an Incredible car, under-estimated for sure. Following is the detail of car, and also what i need to know on urgent basis because i have to tune it up, & from 100 pages i learned the things i need to change, plz add if i miss anything & advise me which i ask. My uncle from which we bought this car, took good care of it but i want to set it up from ground zero, as it is nearing 90k mileage, so i want to perform all overhauls.

    Mileage: 84k Colour: Black

    Things to do (All from Suzuki 3S)

    1. General Tuning/Engine Health/Diagnostic/Checkup
      Q (Do I need to have Throttle body serviced & Tappet Adjustment or are they part of Engine Tune up?)
    2. Engine Oil Change/Engine Flush
      Q (Which engine oil is best for Liana also mileage is 84k, Also which Engine Flush to use before changing oil?)
    3. Oil Filter Change
    4. Gear Oil Change
      Q (Which oil?)
    5. Coolant for Radiator
      Q (Which is best?)
    6. Power Steering Oil
      Q (I learned Liana has Hydraulic Power Steering, not EPS, so should I change it?? Steering Giving no problem though, but car has driven 84k)
    7. Clutch Oil Change
    8. Brake Oil Check
    9. Break Check up
    10. Sparks Plugs Changing
      Q (I learned 2 kind of plugs, one are normal; NGK other Iridium?? Kindly tell me which plugs to go if I want to go for other than NGK??)
    11. ABS Checkup
      Q (Do I need to have it check?? Working fine though)
    12. Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing (not from Suzuki 3S)
    13. AC Overhaul/ Air Ducts Cleaning (From Mr. Abu Bakar, G8, heard on pakwheel he is good)



    KINDLY HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, AS I HAVE TO GO CHECK THIS RIDE ON Hilly Areas & i want to set it before that. Thank toy all in advance. will post the pics soon.
    Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. Liana is a sort of maintenance free car. All mechanics and car dealers i met just said one thing - use oil of best genuine quality with proper change intervals, NEVER let the engine get hot due to carelessness of low water levels and nothing else. you will be good to go for very long. I am not at all into car maintenance, just regularly keep radiator's water to full and change oil by 6k or near km ( although thats late, you make it 4500-5000km). Inshallah car will be trouble free.

  8. #10667
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can i share pictures from my mobile directly in comments? There dosnt seem to be an option here on site or the app. I need some guidance the fuse box can some one post his fuse box pictures with lid taken off? Cuz i think ive got few fuses missing and there is no writing on the lid which one is for what purpose
    REAL men drive manual cars!

  9. #10668
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,902
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cracked View Post
    Can i share pictures from my mobile directly in comments? There dosnt seem to be an option here on site or the app. I need some guidance the fuse box can some one post his fuse box pictures with lid taken off? Cuz i think ive got few fuses missing and there is no writing on the lid which one is for what purpose
    On the top right the three dots, use it to attach pic

  10. #10669
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    There are no dots on the pw page. Three dots are for the chrome explorer i guess,no?

  11. #10670
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,902
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cracked View Post
    There are no dots on the pw page. Three dots are for the chrome explorer i guess,no?
    See the menu which opens when you touch top right three dots...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. #10671
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    578
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    doesnt matter - the cooling system in your car is built to cool it down easily. - btw you guys have no idea what hot temperature is - hot is when your shoes start to stick to cement. (phoenix, AZ)
    Totally agree.

  13. #10672
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    578
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    Going for ZIC is not compulsory, will try to find SGP, if i could not find it, then i asked about ZIC.
    Engine is in v good health, & was well mainted by previous owner, so i think engine flush wont be nessacry. Will check pipe as you said.
    Platinum Plugs are the one i will go for.

    Once again Thank you for all the help.
    Make sure that your car is running a good quality coolant in the cooling system. If it is on water, switch to a quality coolant IMMEDIATELY. And in this case you will also have to check out the metal pipes of cooling system for corrosion / rust. You don't ever want the cooling system to leak out on you and blow your engine's head gasket due to overheat.

  14. #10673
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post
    Make sure that your car is running a good quality coolant in the cooling system. If it is on water, switch to a quality coolant IMMEDIATELY. And in this case you will also have to check out the metal pipes of cooling system for corrosion / rust. You don't ever want the cooling system to leak out on you and blow your engine's head gasket due to overheat.
    YES i am going to convert in on coolant , will visit 3S today and have a check up of all the pipes , radiator itself apart from all other things i mentioned above.

  15. #10674
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anc View Post
    Abu bakar is a very honest a nice guy. Plus he knows his work
    yes heard a lot about him, so will visit him 1st time. Will share my experience with you guys.

  16. #10675
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    *)I don't think you need to engine flush if engine never run cold for long trip & pcv valve/breather pipe in good shape I recommand SGP over zic still you If you want 5w-40 or 5w-30 is good
    *)NGK sells platinum spark plug under NGK BKR6EGP part no
    GUYS HELP Needed
    Today purchased oils for reviving my Liana, which is recently bought as mentioned above. As i had to go for my Class so i left my Dad with the list of things to purchase. Now when i came back home at nigt, i saw that Dad had brought Engine ol ZIC 5w-20 !!!
    On asking him that i wrote to buy 5w-30 or 5w-40 he said shop keeper said this one will do the work fine. Althoght it is a reputable shop in Saddar for Suzuki Spares n oils but i want to know is 5w-20 good for Liana 84k done ??
    Or did the shop keeper not have other grade so to sell he gave my dad 5w-20.
    Kindly let me know, should i use or replace it with 5w-30 or 5w-40??
    Regards

  17. #10676
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    GUYS HELP Needed
    Today purchased oils for reviving my Liana, which is recently bought as mentioned above. As i had to go for my Class so i left my Dad with the list of things to purchase. Now when i came back home at nigt, i saw that Dad had brought Engine ol ZIC 5w-20 !!!
    On asking him that i wrote to buy 5w-30 or 5w-40 he said shop keeper said this one will do the work fine. Althoght it is a reputable shop in Saddar for Suzuki Spares n oils but i want to know is 5w-20 good for Liana 84k done ??
    Or did the shop keeper not have other grade so to sell he gave my dad 5w-20.
    Kindly let me know, should i use or replace it with 5w-30 or 5w-40??
    Regards
    5W-30 is thinnest oil recommended for m series engine 5w-20 will be a bit thin on optimum temperature

  18. #10677
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    5W-30 is thinnest oil recommended for m series engine 5w-20 will be a bit thin on optimum temperature
    Hmmm, so i will have it replaced or returned in the morning then.

  19. #10678
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    578
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    YES i am going to convert in on coolant , will visit 3S today and have a check up of all the pipes , radiator itself apart from all other things i mentioned above.
    If I were you, I wouldn't even drive my car on the same road where 3S is located. They are mostly dacoits and intentionally create/fabricate faults in customers' vehicles in order to earn big money. And also the mechanics in most of the 3S outlets I've known about are not professionally sound. They touch one thing and ruin something else. Better do such minute jobs yourself if you want to ensure a "living happily ever after" like ending to this episode. I do each and everything with my car at home, from plug/coil change to radiator change to valve service to mechanical work under the car. All you need is some tools, some good jack stands, some time and a careful pair of hands. You can get Liana's service manual from PakWheels forum. Download it and fix your car with its help.

  20. #10679
    PakWheeler Follow
    enthusiastic.learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    578
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    Hmmm, so i will have it replaced or returned in the morning then.
    5W30 is what you must get for your car. 5W20 is thin and will overheat when car is running at regular operating temperature. It could cause mechanical damage to the engine.

  21. #10680
    PakWheeler Follow
    gullahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    360
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What is the price of Liana ff Cng converter switch ? New and 2nd hand ?
    My switch is not showing proper lights for Cng in cylinders. Sensor gauge of my Cng kit is OK.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •