8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by razaksyed View Post
    Updates: Went to Haji Saeed (Gawalmandi) for steering inspection. No major issues except that it was a bit hard to rotate, especially for ladies. Yes, this car is in family's use. Following the pin adjustment that didn't yield any significant results, the steering box was dismantled for inspection. apparently the pin had worn out and replaced with new/used pin (God knows!), new seals and Dex III fluid. Now the problem is that the steering is either too loose (Literally spins like a bearing with a touch of the finger) or too tight. After several adjustments, it seems to work fine while turning right but kinda locks up and holds on while turning left. In fact, even on a straight run, the steering wheel drags to the left. The culprit could be either the cross or the steering box/new pin. What would be the best way to diagnose?

The sound from the differential is also a bit irritating. Seems like worn out bearings. Just wondering if it is a straight forward replacement or entails a major disassembly of the transmission. The other option is to replace the transmission fluid and add an additive to dampen the sound. Any suggestions?
    If your car is dragging on one side even after proper front wheel alignment then it's a tell tale sign of uneven tire wear. This mostly happens when a car is driven for extended period of times while the camber angles of wheels are out of specs. You can try and confirm it by swapping the front wheels and see if it starts dragging in the opposite direction. If this is confirmed, you'll need new tires. Regarding differential sound, have you got the oils replaced yet?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tires are almost new (less than 2k driven) and of good make. It is the steering adjustment that is causing the drag. A slight adjustment automatically shifts the drag to the other side. Previous owner has been periodically changing transmission oil within the recommended intervals of 25k to 35k KMs. Fluid seems very clean and the gear shift as they should (dont expect a Pakistani assembled suzuki to shift gears like a JDM Toyota) so yes, there is sometimes a noticeable drag while shifting to low gears (I am assuming it is normal for a Pak assembled suzuki).

Back to the point, how easy it is to replace the differential bearings? I am hoping that the bearings and oil seals will be easily available.
    Matchles G3L 1941, Triumph TRW 1951, Matchless G3LS 1952, Triumph T 100S 1968, Matchless G2 1958, BSA B-31 1952.......... I am insane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just to add, it is not just a drag but the steering wheel seem to hold or freeze towards the left as if the internals are under some form of friction at that point.
    Matchles G3L 1941, Triumph TRW 1951, Matchless G3LS 1952, Triumph T 100S 1968, Matchless G2 1958, BSA B-31 1952.......... I am insane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tires are almost new (less than 2k driven) and of good make. It is the steering adjustment that is causing the drag. A slight adjustment automatically shifts the drag to the other side. Previous owner has been periodically changing transmission oil within the recommended intervals of 25k to 35k KMs. Fluid seems very clean and the gear shift as they should (dont expect a Pakistani assembled suzuki to shift gears like a JDM Toyota) so yes, there is sometimes a noticeable drag while shifting to low gears (I am assuming it is normal for a Pak assembled suzuki).

Back to the point, how easy it is to replace the differential bearings? I am hoping that the bearings and oil seals will be easily available.
    All parts of liana are abundantly available (except for body parts). If you in karachi then i can guide you.

Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mlitz80 View Post
    Today i went to sardar autos again. He tightened all nuts and bolts and sound gone completly. No idea what's happening with my car.
    Whats the latest position?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post
    Measurements are not made using cups. This is not Mehran or Charade that we are dealing with here. Fuel pressure needs to be absolutely within specs in order for the car to perform at optimum level. Exact specs are available for reference in Suzuki Liana's official service manual that is available for download here in the forum. Link: Suzuki Liana Service Manual
    bro if you are a car owner and you have seen how much fuel flows when all is OK then defiantly it can give you idea what is going on...
    THIS IS STEP ONE VERIFICATION .. the thing you told is hard to do and need expertise plus tools

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just to add, it is not just a drag but the steering wheel seem to hold or freeze towards the left as if the internals are under some form of friction at that point.
    Check this. Might answer your question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulA-P9c20sk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try turining steering extreme left and count the rounds for example it is 2.5 rounds now try it extreme right its 2.75 then back to left if it differes with .25 its ok if more then you need adjustments or else for this i can surely say your wheel left spendal got hit and it has deshaped to some angle inside or outside

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post

Well now i think liana is going to make a mess for me.As my radiator cap throws water to revervoir even being in off state when i press the radiator hoses a vaccum is given out no water comes out .

Also tell me how to get the radiator flush and what sort of coolant should i add as i got my heater core pipes replaced and the dumb mechanic spilled all my coolant while installing the heater core pipes as they became hard.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    Well now i think liana is going to make a mess for me.As my radiator cap throws water to revervoir even being in off state when i press the radiator hoses a vaccum is given out no water comes out .

Also tell me how to get the radiator flush and what sort of coolant should i add as i got my heater core pipes replaced and the dumb mechanic spilled all my coolant while installing the heater core pipes as they became hard.
    Get a new cap installed. Looks like the spring valve on the one you have right now is going weak. I put Zic green pre-mixed stuff in mine almost 5 months back and the car is being driven in the worst traffic of lahore in this scorching heat with absolutely no overheating issues AT ALL!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post

what about you fan is it auto or configured with key at high speed, as a matter of precaution

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post

Sound of dhag dhag or like ghurup ghurup (it is not like tak tak which was coming previously) again coming when i take my car on uneven road, potholes etc. Today i took my car to western motors. Mechanic there drove my car on a rough road, lifted my car on a ramp checked swing arms, link bars etc and told me that these are front shockers that are making this sound. He also told me that your front shocker have no flexibility. Sardar autos changed all four shockers and told me that these are japanese kabli.

Now the problem is when I will take my car to Sardar autos he would not get agreed that shockers are problematic he would tell me another story that your xyz parts could be problematic.

2nd time when i went to him and said sound is coming, his face was like depressed. He got all the nuts and bolts tightened and then sound disappeared amd then he was like relaxed.

Another problem is that his shop is located at the maim road and sound of traffic is too high even if you raises all of your car's windows properly resulting hard to listen to any sound due to high traffic noice and the road he takes a test drive on has less khaddas, potholes etc which depicts that the car is soundless.

The route to my office has one of the road that has too many ups and down and khaddas, there i feel the sound clearly and this road has less traffic too.

I ll be taking my car to sardar autos again.

Now suggest me what should I do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sound of dhag dhag or like ghurup ghurup (it is not like tak tak which was coming previously) again coming when i take my car on uneven road, potholes etc. Today i took my car to western motors. Mechanic there drove my car on a rough road, lifted my car on a ramp checked swing arms, link bars etc and told me that these are front shockers that are making this sound. He also told me that your front shocker have no flexibility. Sardar autos changed all four shockers and told me that these are japanese kabli.

Now the problem is when I will take my car to Sardar autos he would not get agreed that shockers are problematic he would tell me another story that your xyz parts could be problematic.

2nd time when i went to him and said sound is coming, his face was like depressed. He got all the nuts and bolts tightened and then sound disappeared amd then he was like relaxed.

Another problem is that his shop is located at the maim road and sound of traffic is too high even if you raises all of your car's windows properly resulting hard to listen to any sound due to high traffic noice and the road he takes a test drive on has less khaddas, potholes etc which depicts that the car is soundless.

The route to my office has one of the road that has too many ups and down and khaddas, there i feel the sound clearly and this road has less traffic too.

In my opinion, once you've found out that the man is a cheater, you should let bygones be bygones and stay away from him. As far as shocks are concerned, take them off first. Remove the springs using a spring compression tool. Then, press on top of the struts one by one. If the struts are good, they should come back up once you push them inwards with your hand. If they don't come back up, they need to be replaced. Also inspect your front shock mounts. Sometimes a broken mount can be the cause of such noises. As long as you will stay dependent upon these roadside mechanics without basic know-how of how your car's suspension works, they will continue to rip you off to the point where you finally decide to get rid of your car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my opinion, once you've found out that the man is a cheater, you should let bygones be bygones and stay away from him. As far as shocks are concerned, take them off first. Remove the springs using a spring compression tool. Then, press on top of the struts one by one. If the struts are good, they should come back up once you push them inwards with your hand. If they don't come back up, they need to be replaced. Also inspect your front shock mounts. Sometimes a broken mount can be the cause of such noises. As long as you will stay dependent upon these roadside mechanics without basic know-how of how your car's suspension works, they will continue to rip you off to the point where you finally decide to get rid of your car.
    You made a good point here but i cant do that much of mechanical work myself. Another thing which i am thinking is that i have paid him a good amount to do my suspension work but still i am hearing noises so why shouldnt i go back to him and make him to do the job meticulously.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You made a good point here but i cant do that much of mechanical work myself. Another thing which i am thinking is that i have paid him a good amount to do my suspension work but still i am hearing noises so why shouldnt i go back to him and make him to do the job meticulously.
    I've seen and heard about such mechanics. You can try your luck but I honestly don't think he will ever compromise his profits for your satisfaction. Those are totally different kind of people and unfortunately, there aren't many like that around anymore. If you can't check for the things that I mentioned above, you can go to a third mechanic and pay him a few hundred rupees to check that. At least you'll be sure about everything then the next time you go to that dacoit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've seen and heard about such mechanics. You can try your luck but I honestly don't think he will ever compromise his profits for your satisfaction. Those are totally different kind of people and unfortunately, there aren't many like that around anymore. If you can't check for the things that I mentioned above, you can go to a third mechanic and pay him a few hundred rupees to check that. At least you'll be sure about everything then the next time you go to that dacoit.
    Hmmm another mechanic..but for me the most important question is 'which mechanic'. Every one here seems to be a thug.

Ill one more time go to sardar autos and lets see what he will do. My simple question would be 'why this sound is coming and which part is causing it. If it is front shocker then replace it with the other one as he also gave me 8 months of parts warranty. If he will create an issue, then straightforwardness with the straightforward and crookedness with the crooked. I want things to go smooth but if the other person does not want it then................

Ill also talk to bilalawan (pakwheeler)and take his opinion before going to him as he suggested me about sardar autos and he is satisfied with him.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmmm another mechanic..but for me the most important question is 'which mechanic'. Every one here seems to be a thug.

Ill one more time go to sardar autos and lets see what he will do. My simple question would be 'why this sound is coming and which part is causing it. If it is front shocker then replace it with the other one as he also gave me 8 months of parts warranty. If he will create an issue, then straightforwardness with the straightforward and crookedness with the crooked. I want things to go smooth but if the other person does not want it then................
    This diagnosis can only be done correctly after hands-on inspection of the car. Diagnosing the exact reason of car noises online isn't among the most accurate ways to do things, unfortunately. Do one thing. Open the hood in a well-lit area and press on top of one front shock. Put your body weight on it with both hands and rock it up and down and check if the noise is reproduced. If it is reproduced, watch a bit more closely at the strut mount at the top (the large nut which is in the middle, holding the strut to the mount) and see if it's moving. If it is, you've diagnosed the culprit. If it does not do so on both sides, try rocking the car again on both front sides, only this time concentrating on how hard that shock feels when you push down on it and how much it bounces. If it feels kind of rigid, there is a good chance that the strut is no good. Also, look under the front wheel wells. Through the shock spring, the rubber boot of the strut is accessible. Lift that boot up a bit with your hand and feel around. Is it sticky and oily there? If yes, bad strut is confirmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get a new cap installed. Looks like the spring valve on the one you have right now is going weak. I put Zic green pre-mixed stuff in mine almost 5 months back and the car is being driven in the worst traffic of lahore in this scorching heat with absolutely no overheating issues AT ALL!
    Well i will buy the new cap from Saddar and how much coolant liana takes and should i mix the Zic coolant with water or just add coolant only.

Quote Originally Posted by bilalawan774 View Post
    what about you fan is it auto or configured with key at high speed, as a matter of precaution
    My FAN is auto and T-Stat Installed no overheating issue till now but was feared about that water coming out to reservoir even car is dead cold.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you elaborate the noise a litttle bit more specific as i also had these thad thad noises before but after replacing front shock absrobers with the agriauto ones front is noiseless and used kabli shock absorbers at back and they are also going strong.

Bought front for Rs 8800 (pair)Agriautos P.S from saddar Khi last year in March.
    Bought rear for Rs 3500 (pair) Kabuli from Rawalpindi and they are also going strong.

But i do hear a cheen cheen noise from right rear because my moki bush is broken and i am unable to find time to get that bush replaced.

I tried to open that moki nut by myself at home opened the one nut at the back of moki which is bolted to rear wheelhub but the moki nut with the body is too much tight and i was unable to open that.

A guy at Malir Halt asked me Rs 1500 for that moki bush replacement + labour.=Rs 1500

See the difference and how these looters suspension walas are looting people.

But if i do it myself the bush cost Rs 250/300 and pressing charges of that bush Rs 100.=Rs 350/400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother.. i have faced the same issue with sardar autos..

Just go there and simply tell him.. i dont want to come here again and again.. fix the issue as you said the its in warranty..

He will change it.. it worked for me.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List