8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    WOW thats palenty of effort you have put to bring this ride to its optimal level. No doubt its giving such great average. Well how can i check that my Liana's sensors got lazy need cleaning? Car is 2007 125k on ODO. i bought it two years ago when it was 82k. Its driven on petrol since then. Cylinder removed. nothing else is changed in engine bay.
    Well if I were you then I would start with the basics i.e., cleaning engine and chassis ground connections. Don't forget to disconnect the battery before doing so because we want to reset the ecm as well.
    Engine block ground connections are directly mounted on the transmission and starter assembly. Look for thick black wires directly connecting to the negative battery terminal.

Chassis grounds are:
    1: behind the water washer bottle
    2: towards the front of bottom housing of air filter (behind right head light)
    3: under the front driver and passenger side wiring covers towards the front side (hidden under the carpet sometimes)
    4: under the hand break cover, near the base of gear handle
    5: behind the rear seat on both right and left side

Some variants also have a ground under the speaker board or rear piller covers.

Undo them one by one and generously spray wd-40 in the bolt holes. Then scrub the connecting side of ground connectors with sand paper until they are shiny and golden. Then clean the mating surface with dry cloth (preferably silk towel). Also scrub the mating surface between bolt head and washer, then wash everything with nasa carb cleaner and tighten them back in. Be careful not to tighten them using all the power you have or you'll strip the threads. Just snug them up. When done, start the car and let it idle for around 5 minutes. You'll enjoy your next drive. Reason is that now ecm will learn your driving pattern when there is no signal noise present in the wiring and sensor outputs will be much more stable.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khanjee89 View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently purchased Liana 2006 RXi with FF CNG. I don't run it on CNG and the previous owner said that he never used CNG as well.

I am facing the jerking and pick up issue on petrol. The car feels heavy and the drive is not smooth. Got it checked from Suzuki Rawalpindi 6th road and a local mechanic in G-10 and both say that one of the coils is weak and is releasing sparks in the chamber. They advised to change it. Will changing the coils also effect fuel consumption and no jerks when accelerator is left and the car is running in 2nd or 3rd gear? Currently I am getting less than 10km/l in city without AC. And jerks right after I leave accelerator and car runs on its own in 2nd or 3rd gear. Should changing coil resolve this issue?

Should I change it? Will that solve the problem? Or will it have to be combined with a computer software check up? Is the computer software check up only possible through Suzuki or Enercon in G-10 can also do the same? Which option is better?

Secondly, I am planning to remove CNG because its extra weight in boot and also I am not planning to use it any way. Is it advisable?

Thirdly, I am facing brakes skidding issue and the car massively skidded on a slope yesterday with my family and thankfully we avoided accident. My mechanic says that the chinese tires installed are worn out and have no grip but brake is fine. But I am wondering if this is true? He said change the tires to Japani tires and everything will be fine. Is that correct? The current condition of the tires is below average but not completely worn out. So what should I do?

Would be very grateful to those who can help me.

Thanks,
    Usama
    Do the activity that I've described in my comment under yours. Loose ground connections can cause unimaginable havoc if not resolved. I saw a car last year that was throwing error codes at random and engine would vibrate and missfire intermittently. The culprit turned out to be a couple of rotten ground connections.

Regarding tires, if the tread on your current tires is less than 1.5 mm deep or if you see signs of uneven wear, time to replace them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    Today my cultus completed 555555 on odo Name:  IMG_20161117_225622.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  25.9 KB

Sent from my QMobile Z10 using Tapatalk

khushi main aik 5 ziyada likh diya hay.

lolz
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for this. This is a DIY thing and I'm sure I can pull it off provided I can locate the ground connections in the places you mentioned. I have all number keys available at home along with carb cleaner and WD-40 and sand paper. But I'm wondering if special keys are required in order to undo the bolts and connections that I may not have at home? Can you specify the tools required in addition to those I mentioned? I have adjustable wrench as well so any number bolt can be handled. But I am just wondering if there will be enough space to undo them myself or will I need those specialized keys that mechanics have?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post
    Do the activity that I've described in my comment under yours. Loose ground connections can cause unimaginable havoc if not resolved. I saw a car last year that was throwing error codes at random and engine would vibrate and missfire intermittently. The culprit turned out to be a couple of rotten ground connections.

Regarding tires, if the tread on your current tires is less than 1.5 mm deep or if you see signs of uneven wear, time to replace them.

Thanks for this. This is a DIY thing and I'm sure I can pull it off provided I can locate the ground connections in the places you mentioned. I have all number keys available at home along with carb cleaner and WD-40 and sand paper. But I'm wondering if special keys are required in order to undo the bolts and connections that I may not have at home? Can you specify the tools required in addition to those I mentioned? I have adjustable wrench as well so any number bolt can be handled. But I am just wondering if there will be enough space to undo them myself or will I need those specialized keys that mechanics have?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khanjee89 View Post
    No special tools required for this job. Just a 10 mm wrench / 10 mm socket and a ratchet would do the job for chassis ground connections and a 12 mm wrench / socket will do the job for engine block ground. Sometimes a 14 mm ring spanner could be needed if your block ground is connected through a different size bolt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok one thing. Ive removed cng cylinders from my liana. It was factory fitted cng so can anyone tell me is there any packing places by suzuki to keep the rear suspension at level?because i think my rear suspensipn has raised by about 1 inch or so.
    2ndly my car plug wires are leaking spark. I started the car and took the plug wire a little above plug and spark was jumping from the mid of cable tower to the sides. Can anyone suggest me how to stop it? Do i need to change wires alone ya phir coils bhi change krni hon ge? And if i dont need to change coils, how much would the plug wires cost? I checked from market the siewa one(not sure if original but as per shopkeeper they were japanese) are for 850 and genuine ones are for 3000. Can i wrap some kind of tape to avoid it? Please suggest because i think this is the reason my car is missing on low rpms. I have inspected the wires and no visible crack was found. Please helpOk one thing. Ive removed cng cylinders from my liana. It was factory fitted cng so can anyone tell me is there any packing places by suzuki to keep the rear suspension at level?because i think my rear suspensipn has raised by about 1 inch or so.
    2ndly my car plug wires are leaking spark. I started the car and took the plug wire a little above plug and spark was jumping from the mid of cable tower to the sides. Can anyone suggest me how to stop it? Do i need to change wires alone ya phir coils bhi change krni hon ge? And if i dont need to change coils, how much would the plug wires cost? I checked from market the siewa one(not sure if original but as per shopkeeper they were japanese) are for 850 and genuine ones are for 3000. Can i wrap some kind of tape to avoid it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cracked View Post
    Ok one thing. Ive removed cng cylinders from my liana. It was factory fitted cng so can anyone tell me is there any packing places by suzuki to keep the rear suspension at level?because i think my rear suspensipn has raised by about 1 inch or so.
    2ndly my car plug wires are leaking spark. I started the car and took the plug wire a little above plug and spark was jumping from the mid of cable tower to the sides. Can anyone suggest me how to stop it? Do i need to change wires alone ya phir coils bhi change krni hon ge? And if i dont need to change coils, how much would the plug wires cost? I checked from market the siewa one(not sure if original but as per shopkeeper they were japanese) are for 850 and genuine ones are for 3000. Can i wrap some kind of tape to avoid it? Please suggest because i think this is the reason my car is missing on low rpms. I have inspected the wires and no visible crack was found. Please helpOk one thing. Ive removed cng cylinders from my liana. It was factory fitted cng so can anyone tell me is there any packing places by suzuki to keep the rear suspension at level?because i think my rear suspensipn has raised by about 1 inch or so.
    2ndly my car plug wires are leaking spark. I started the car and took the plug wire a little above plug and spark was jumping from the mid of cable tower to the sides. Can anyone suggest me how to stop it? Do i need to change wires alone ya phir coils bhi change krni hon ge? And if i dont need to change coils, how much would the plug wires cost? I checked from market the siewa one(not sure if original but as per shopkeeper they were japanese) are for 850 and genuine ones are for 3000. Can i wrap some kind of tape to avoid it?
    Plug wires in liana??? Aap ne side coils lagwai hain kya? Aap coil k towers ki baat tou nahi kr rhe?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Replace them. Cheap fixes come back to bite on your rear end in the middle of the road. Old cables get cracked and mostly those cracks are too thin to be observed with naked eye. They should cost around 1.5k to 2k.

Regarding suspension, the packing is between the rear shock mounts and the shock housings on the chassis. You'll only see them once you pull your rear shocks out. You'll have to replace the shock mounts with ones having shorter bolts. Don't try to put long metal bushes and reuse the same mounts as that will destroy your chassis and make a good foundation for rust because metal bushings cut through chassis metal as your car drives through bumps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Replace them. Cheap fixes come back to bite on your rear end in the middle of the road. Old cables get cracked and mostly those cracks are too thin to be observed with naked eye. They should cost around 1.5k to 2k.

Regarding suspension, the packing is between the rear shock mounts and the shock housings on the chassis. You'll only see them once you pull your rear shocks out. You'll have to replace the shock mounts with ones having shorter bolts. Don't try to put long metal bushes and reuse the same mounts as that will destroy your chassis and make a good foundation for rust because metal bushings cut through chassis metal as your car drives through bumps.

Im going to replace plug cables. Thing i want to know is whether i need to replace coils too?,because i think their towers can not be taken apart so if coil tower is leaking, coil will need replacement as well?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im going to replace plug cables. Thing i want to know is whether i need to replace coils too?,because i think their towers can not be taken apart so if coil tower is leaking, coil will need replacement as well?
    Liana coils can be easily separated from the plug cables by pulling them out with bare hands. If you have some other coils installed then that's a different story. Upload pictures here in case things seem confusing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You better check above the rear shock absorber, usually company doesn't put spacer. If you have bought it 2nd hand then there is a possibility that previous owner has made alteration. If there is any spacer, you better remove it.
    Regrading your second query, better replace the wires instead if putting tape. I have change the same brand you mentioned and bought it in 850/= and they are working fine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Liana coils can be easily separated from the plug cables by pulling them out with bare hands. If you have some other coils installed then that's a different story. Upload pictures here in case things seem confusing.

The coils are denso made original ones. Their plug wire towers are also available new?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The coils are denso made original ones. Their plug wire towers are also available new?
    New plug wires come with towers. It comes as a set of two wires and two towers. The plug towers on the coils can also be replaced but they don't normally go bad that often.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farhan65 View Post
    You better check above the rear shock absorber, usually company doesn't put spacer. If you have bought it 2nd hand then there is a possibility that previous owner has made alteration. If there is any spacer, you better remove it.
    Regrading your second query, better replace the wires instead if putting tape. I have change the same brand you mentioned and bought it in 850/= and they are working fine.
    Ok i will check the shocks.
    Abouy wires, siewa wires were a little bigger in length than the stock ones. I mean tower height was same but the wires were more in length.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New plug wires come with towers. It comes as a set of two wires and two towers. The plug towers on the coils can also be replaced but they don't normally go bad that often.

Yes. I know the pack includes 2 wires with towers. I was asking about towers for coils. I have temporarily taped the towers and missing has significantly reduced. I will purchase plug wires tomorrow from suzuki

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Doesn't make any difference. Just make sure that they are not touching the head to avoid heating. Place proper clips then it would be OK.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes. I know the pack includes 2 wires with towers. I was asking about towers for coils. I have temporarily taped the towers and missing has significantly reduced. I will purchase plug wires tomorrow from suzuki
    Suzuki walay sell whole coils complete. And that is for 23k...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Taping is a good jugaar andq works fine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would cover the leaking towers with mica sheet wrap before covering with electrical tape. Mica is great electrical insulator and resistant to very high temperatures as well. Electrical tape alone won't last that long. Mica sheet wrap and silicon sealant would also do the job quite nicely.

Also, don't forget to cover the inside of rubber plug boots on the towers with white silicone grease for a long lasting peace of mind.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List