Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: LIANA 1st Gear Problem. Need Help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default LIANA 1st Gear Problem. Need Help.

I have Liana LXI with manual transmission. My car 1st gear is very hard to shift. some time it shift easily, sometime shift hardly and some time it can not be shift until double clutch press. When car is not moving then its OK. There is no grinding sound while shifting. all other gears are fine. Things I have done are:
    1- Changed gear oil.
    2- Changed master and slave cylinders kits after cleaning both cylinders. (Seals ets).
    3- Changed Kabli clutch+pressure plate.
    But the problem is still remain. Please somebody give me expert advice that next what should I do? what is the cause of this prob?

Regards
    Nisar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks dear brother for detailed explanation about lever alignment. As my car shifts 1st gear very easily when it is stopped so I am confused that is it this misalignment problem??? bcz I think that if misalignment problem, 1st gear should hard to shift in every situation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ch.shamsher View Post
    Well i am also having exactly the same problem..i have a liana rxi 07, i have changed the clutch/ pressure plate but the problem still persists...

I would like to add one more thing here that i am totally unsatisfied with the brakes of liana rxi..the car skids whenever the brakes are applied hard...

But i do admire the built quality of liana... i think it has a strong body and it can survive the high impact crashes...

All in all...liana with poor resale...is a total disinvestment...agar tang nahi kar rahe to 2 sal bhe sakoon say nikal lay ge but aik dafa tang karna shur karday..then its a nightmare..
    1) Use GL-4 75w95 grade manual transmission oil. The oil needs to be changed every 40K Kms. This should resolve the shifting issue.
    2) The brakes issue is due to improper adjustment of rear drums. Please make sure that front brakes are serviced BEFORE the rear ones. While adjusting the rear drums, make sre that the wheels are not spinning completely free. They should turn for one and a half turn before coming to a stop. This will eradicate the skidding issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gulan17s View Post
    Thanks dear brother for detailed explanation about lever alignment. As my car shifts 1st gear very easily when it is stopped so I am confused that is it this misalignment problem??? bcz I think that if misalignment problem, 1st gear should hard to shift in every situation.
    Bro change the gear oil to the above mentioned grade and you should be good. DO NOT use Suzuki gear oil as it is absolutely rubbish! (SAE80)
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

problem solved?