0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Liana will not be able to compete

That's what i perceive. I saw Liana yesterday at Azeem Motors (Suzuki SSS dealers), Isb. Liana is an overall nice car, but its kinda overpriced...see the manual one comes @ 1,150,000, while the one with AT is 12 lakh+. Even the Suzuki employees were saying that ppl would go for Corollas and Civics instead of Liana. Plus Liana's interior is ok, i didn't feel anything cool in it, leaving out the cd player, which looks good. The meters are not bad, rims were good. Interior is fine, and the car is spacious, but the thing is...it doesn't look appealing. See Corollas, Civics and even City has beautiful interior; reason being, the front console gives a leather-made look, while Liana has same old gray console, that was used in 1990s...What I think is that most of the ppl don't like it anymore, plus its hard for Suzuki to compete Toyota and Honda in the same price range...Liana should've been under a million. Nonetheless, the car was good, but it would be difficult for Liana to compete corolla and civic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar suzuki has to go far more in tech and designing in order to compete with toyo and honda.
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with you. Although if they decided to keep the Liana in the 1.6 Top spec whilst retaining the Baleno lineup which apparently they seem set on doing. Taking the JXL off the lineup and offer the 1.6 as an upspec as all the others are doing.

The Liana hasn't gained mych popularity anywhere but who knows, maybe they'll like it here.

I reckon they should just introduce the new Suzuki Swift. Pretty as a peach and gutsy 1.5. I'd be the first to buy THAT Suzi.

Suzuki Liana will not be able to compete -618169

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar its a CBU direct from Japan. Its too tallish, I would prefer city over it (only thing better in it is the engine)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift is a nice car...Trueno20v, i thought it was 1.3 engine...infact i checked its pics n specs on Maruti Suzuki's website, and i really liked it...a beauty in its class

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have also heard many people saying that instead of going for Liana they will prefer buying corolla, civic, lancer and sunny. Toyota Vitz is also better then Liana in terms of price, quality, performance and accessories. This Liana is imported car but still this car lacks safety accessories, this car has no air bags which is considered to be the basic safety accessory. This car could fail like Fiat UNO in Pakistan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar liana ki price bohot hey as compared to what it has in it. one can easily buy oriel in this price. i agree it would fail in Pak.
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar waqas_1010!!! you better prefer oriel over it. liana's auto trans version is above 1.3 million. city's auto trans is available in between 0.8-0.9 million.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Usama
    New Swift available in Two platforms

M13A and the M15A.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

YAR LIANA TU HO GANI HAO FLOOP KYUNKA IT CANT COMPARE WITH CORO&HON PRICE OR SHAKAL DAKHNI CHAHIYAN .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys wait for liana 1.3 to come which would have a price equal to that of a city nd i can assure u tht a liana is far much better than a city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If they keep the same price for LIANA while providing the 2.3 Ltr engine with sport package, I'll definetly buy it... It can kick *** of anything.... look for the small size 'n light wieght with 2.3 ltrs..... WOW!
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sameermehnti... who says it doesnt have airbags or lacks safety?.. it has front driver and side airbags with torsion beams(4 doors), front and rear crumple zones, advanced technology body frame and has ABS too....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Almost 12 lakh for the Liana crap!!.Pak's should riot against this outrage!!.Compare this to prices in India for a HOnda City.The new one that too!!.......

Suzuki Liana will not be able to compete -621938

City delight

The King is back. Honda, it seems, has finally paid heed to hordes of enthusiasts who have been screaming for a VTEC addition to the City. The VTEC gets a 1500cc, 8-valve, 100 bhp engine that promises to make the City a driver's car – a virtue that was sorely missed when Honda replaced the last generation City. Other enhancements on the VTEC are in terms of disc brakes at all four corners and premium interiors with beige and black upholstery. Airbags and ABS, however, don't feature even on the options list.

What else? Well, the current City has received an upgrade as well in the form of a facelift. Dubbed the City ZX, the car is now longer than the current model by about 80 mm and gets a bolder look, due to the raised hood line. The facelift also includes new headlamps, fenders and front and rear bumpers. The other not-so-good news is that there is an upgrade on the price front too. The base version, the EXi, is dearer by Rs 19,000 while the GXi version now costs Rs 16,000 more. The VTEC version tops the range at Rs 7,99,000. Hey Honda, with the VTEC, all is now forgiven

source: bsmotoring.com
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm here in Australia and the same liana ( rather better 'cause it comes with a 1.8 L engine) costs $ 17500 which is roughly Rs 760,000. PakSuzuki is seriously overcharging for this very ordinary car in Pakistan!!!!

PakSuzuki... Its such a hopless bunch of looters---------------------------------------

Even when they start "assembling" the Liana in Pakistan, the Rs 750,000 price mark is not justified as u would NEVER get the quality eg, chrome locks, dashboard, handles, alloys, premium fabric in the price... PakSuzuki will cut all the luxuries (especially soundproofing) and throw the crappy remainder for the Pakistani Market!!!!!

Damn I hate this Japanese company!!!
    The car itself is really good though, but Damn the price.... come on man!!!give us a break.. ITS NOT WORTH Rs 13 lakh--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I agree!!!!!!!!!! XL-7 is such a wonderful car... it would give even the Prado a tough time in terms of ride quality and handling... Again... its seriously overpriced in Pakistan.. Its around $30000 here, that's roughly Rs 13 lakh here in Sydney

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List