1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Liana, success or failure?

Suzuki Liana was launched with very high hopes in Pakistan back in 2005 (started assembling in 2006) .. was also called as the best Suzuki ever produced in Pakistani market. Though its about 3 years Liana is present in the market but somehow unable to grasp the market. Although it offers so much in a comparatively low price tag, the worst quality issues from PakSuzuki are very frequently found in the Lianas. Rxi is the only version which is somewhat being sold. other versions like LXI, Eminent & Sport have seen a tough time here. Competitors like Xli and City are the other main factors.. but even globally Liana's life is too short.. it was launched in 2001 and was 'discontinued' globally in 2006, just when it started to assemble in Pakistan

What could be the reason that this car (which seems very nice in its package) couldn't do well both locally and globally? or we should wait more and see if it gains its repo...??

if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

paksuzuki will have to think seriously here. they are experiencing hard time to survive in the 1.3 segment after discontinuing margalla. baleno was bit successful but the graph was still lower than that of margalla and now liana is yet to make its ground here. time to bring sx4 in
    sach karwa hota hay

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all:

one thing I dont understand is every one is pointing out the quality and engine issues yar do u guys even own a liana ? I have mine for more than 2 years now and 63 k driven no engine issues no heating problem and trust me no retalling noises from dash board or any where. All those people who are complaining dont own liana and I am dam sure 90 % of them have never driven a liana. I have not seen any member here at pakwheels complaining about the poor quality of his car or some other problem, there was only a cng issue in begining which was resolved later and I never faced that cause I have an after market cng installed which is performing excellent.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@newton
    bro u r talkin bout da car wich iz 2yr old, at dat tym ps waz ofrin sum beter quality! now to koi pursaan e haal he nhe hai! dre prioroty iz time, not quality! n m comentin on it coz I HAVE drove liana of my czn! trust me it dependz person to person, i dnt lyk itz drive, neider interior! my czn sold it n nw bot vti prosmatec 04 uzed, n nw hez v hapy wid it!
    Addiction is bad... but it have exception when it comez to AUTOMOBILES!!!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Acc to me A Big big FAILURE...!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hatif:

Usually people are comparing liana with a vti come on it costs only 8 lacs with free reg and some further discount, and suzuki's peority is time then dont worry they have plenty of time as its a very slow selling product as far as your cousin is concerned I dont know about his taste but this car is way better then xli and city (i wont say any thing about vti as its a different category), drive xli city and then liana you will feel the difference, usually people who dont like this car is due to the suzuki brand and I am dam sure there is still nothing wrong with the quality as I have never seen a liana with some major fault at any suzuki dealership.

Rest all depends on your own taste.

Bank interest rates have gone very high other wise I was planning for a 1.6L Liana I just love this car, it may be due to its compact very easy to park and turn in conjusted areas like whole sale markets etc ( I have to visit wholesale markets on daily basis for my business) and secondly it has a big room as compared to rolla or city, my father and bro owns xli ang gli and when ever I sit in their car's rear seat I always miss my car coz in liana my head never touches the roof and there is a lot of leg space in the back as well.

The only thing I dont like about liana is expansive parts and no decoration stuff is available for it whereas market is full of rolla stuff and that is cheap too

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Have A LianA And Mashallah I Have The Experience ov Driving Several Other cars And I Would Prefer A Vitz Or A City Over Liana...!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar liana eminent is a good car ... hav driven it ...
    and 2008 model offers dvd
    15''wheels
    what else u wud ask for ???
    and with a price tag of only 908000 rs i guess the best buy with in the range ......
    corolla even xli is round about 950000dont know exact price .... but heard ...
    i will go for emminent ......... any tym
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@newton

u seems satisfied with ur liana but the quality rolling out these days is really miserable, one has to admit. ok lets put this factor aside, as u said Liana is a direct competitor to City, and u claimed it has better driver and better interior than a city, then how come liana is unable to top it since 2005?? 3 years is quite some time for a suzuki to make its ground here.. also can u comment why the other versions like sports/ eminent and lxi have seen even tougher time than the rxi itself?
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@lotus:

I agree with what you are saying but the brand suzuki makes it hard to sell, where as city is only selling cause its a honda, a die hard fan of honda city who was also a friend of my brother once drove my liana and said ├┐aar garee achee hay laykin suzuki hay" SUZUKI brand is for ghareeb loog. Usually the new proffessionals are going for city cause its honda and they feel satisfied sitting in it. Thats the only reason trust me otherwise there are no quality issues and am dam sure about it, as far as the resale is concerned if you sell a liana for 650,000 then whats wrong in it ? you bought it for 800,000 with 70k discount that means you are only loosing 80k on the car after using it for 2 years resale is definitely better then city

but trust me rolla has a class of its own parts are dam cheap and all the mechanics can fix is very easily and you can get more money out of it when you sell if after 10 years

But in looks definitely city is better then liana, but liana's odd shape makes it very comfortable from the inside for a person lik me atleast. I am 6'2"and around 100KG

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as u said that liana parts are expensive; can u plz give some example, how much?? brake pads/ filters/ other components such as headlights/ taillights etc etc.. are they still expensive than a city?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they are desperately trying to make it sell by introducing so many special offers, which paksuzuki never had to do with any of its previous brands
    sach karwa hota hay

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buying a Corolla or a CITY is a total loss of money. I do not have any of the above mentioned troubles with my LIANA Rxi CNG What a car LIANA
    The "ICEMAN" (Kimi Raikkonen) is Back on The F1 grid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ how long have u been running Liana?
    -

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Liana is a Unique car, compared to the others Corolla, City, Khyber
    which are all common.....

Liana stands out of the crowd like Accord of Honda or Camry...

forget about Resale, why buy a car becuasee of Resale???

buy a Car if you like it...you dont buy cars to sell?
    thats just madness

anyway buy a car you like, not resale resale doesnt matter......

Liana=Unique

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

except for newton the liana owners have been quite silent, why not highlit positive points of liana?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also own a LIANA RXI-CNG since start of 2007. Not a single problem in these 18 months. Just change Oil & filter after every 2500-2800 Kms.
    Excellent drive on CNG. Just get the car tunned from Suzuki 1-10 when i purchased it. More than satisfied by LIANA.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kindly check the Production/Sale record (Source: http://www.pama.org.pk/historicaldata.htm)

City sales has decreased significantly after the introduction of LIANA:
    In 2005-06 16136 City's were sold whereas in 2006-07 the figures were reduced to 11848.

Whereas in 2005-06 4571 LIANA's were sold and in 2006-07, the sales has increased to 6067.

The City is in Pakistani market since 1998. whereas PakSuzuki started manufacturing LIANA is 2006.

When City was introduced, there was no such competition in 1300 cc class (just Baleno, Corolla and City), Whereas LIANA was introduced in 2006 and faced competitors like City, corolla, Sunny, Optra, Lancer and many other imported cars. Despite of facing such a tough competition from the very start I think LIANA is doing good.
    Can you please quote me any car which is launched in 2005 or later and selling good? I definitely admit Lancer, Optra, Sunny are much better cars as compared to LIANA but why people are not purchasing these good cars and still prefer to buy City or Corolla?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mac11 agreed bro but Liana has been discontinued globally & after it was discontinued all around the world, just then it was introduced here... so its not the fact that its unable to make a mark in our market, it has not seen a good time in global market too.. what could be the factors??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one thing more, u have mentioned that the sales of honda city has dropped after the introduction of Liana, does it mean that the great steermatic was discontinued because of Eminent?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

steermatic and eminent are 2 different stories, here goes:

STEERMATIC:
    This great car only survived for 1 year mainly because of lack on understanding from general public about the features that it offered. I can assure you dude those who bought it are extermely happy with it. I myself convinced a few people to go for steermatic and they are happy as ever. BTW City IDSI is the hotcake in all current CIty variants.

Steermatic has both power+economy and the sweet 7 speed mode in unique to this price range

EMINENT: Not sure since all Lianas ain't doing that well.
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

User Tag List