Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rashid-28

Thread: Best Engine Oil for Margalla 1300CC

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar-ahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Best Engine Oil for Margalla 1300CC

    Dear All, Would you please guide me - Which is the best Engine Oil for Margalla 1997 1300CC. I go through many threads but those discussions even confused me


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro caltex havoline formula and shell helix HX5 are best for your car.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar-ahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks bro - as per your advice this time I used caltex havoline formula and its really good so far.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar-ahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Bro caltex havoline formula and shell helix HX5 are best for your car.
    Thanks bro - Used and its good so far

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqar-ahmad View Post
    Dear All, Would you please guide me - Which is the best Engine Oil for Margalla 1997 1300CC. I go through many threads but those discussions even confused me
    brother,
    if you live in lahore, then use
    PERFORMA 20/50

    Presently this is best thicker oil available in the lahore market. Nearly 10 times better than caltex, toyota, pso, shell, total, etc.

    If you cannot find it, then call me and i'll guide you its availability.
    Am sure your car engine will be more than happy with this oil.

    All thebest.
    Sent from my GT-P1000 using PW Forums mobile app
    No Guts, No Glory.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    rashid-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqar-ahmad View Post
    Dear All, Would you please guide me - Which is the best Engine Oil for Margalla 1997 1300CC. I go through many threads but those discussions even confused me
    Bro, every user will give your the name of oil of his liking, so the choice will be difficult.
    I have used CALTEX Havoline in my Margalla 1996, Baleno, Lancer and Cultus over the years. I have not faced any engine issue in any of them.

    Just ensure that your buying the oil from a company operated pump.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rashid-28 View Post
    Bro, every user will give your the name of oil of his liking, so the choice will be difficult.
    I have used CALTEX Havoline in my Margalla 1996, Baleno, Lancer and Cultus over the years. I have not faced any engine issue in any of them.

    Just ensure that your buying the oil from a company operated pump.
    Brother,
    Agree with your comments.
    But as I mentioned in my previous posts that more than 90% of us has our mind-set on local oils (Havoline, shell, Toyota, etc.) And with no shame, in my previous car I were also using this Havoline. But till the date I've increased my studies about these oils, since then I feel my concept about oils (engine oil especially) is totally changed and shifted towards Synthetic era.


    Very important to know !!

    The Local oils (Shell, Toyota, PSO, Caltex, Total, Suzuki, etc. ) ARE VERY THICK. After changing, we immediately feel that the oil pickup of engine has been increased. Wow !! But infact this is not good. And most importantly, its more difficult to erase this concept out from people's mind that using thicker oils are not good for the long run (unless your car is driven 150K).

    Example
    Buy two brand new GLIs.
    Start using local oils in first GLI
    And start using synthetic oils (as per my recommendation in many previous posts).


    Now, after running 100K, first GLI on local oils, its engine will be like an old man of 70 year of age.
    Whereas other GLI that ran on Synthetics, its engine will still be in condition to run 100K more.

    Now its you who have to decide what is best !!
    Cheers & LOVE.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    rashid-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Brother,
    Agree with your comments.
    But as I mentioned in my previous posts that more than 90% of us has our mind-set on local oils (Havoline, shell, Toyota, etc.) And with no shame, in my previous car I were also using this Havoline. But till the date I've increased my studies about these oils, since then I feel my concept about oils (engine oil especially) is totally changed and shifted towards Synthetic era.


    Very important to know !!

    The Local oils (Shell, Toyota, PSO, Caltex, Total, Suzuki, etc. ) ARE VERY THICK. After changing, we immediately feel that the oil pickup of engine has been increased. Wow !! But infact this is not good. And most importantly, its more difficult to erase this concept out from people's mind that using thicker oils are not good for the long run (unless your car is driven 150K).

    Example
    Buy two brand new GLIs.
    Start using local oils in first GLI
    And start using synthetic oils (as per my recommendation in many previous posts).


    Now, after running 100K, first GLI on local oils, its engine will be like an old man of 70 year of age.
    Whereas other GLI that ran on Synthetics, its engine will still be in condition to run 100K more.

    Now its you who have to decide what is best !!
    Cheers & LOVE.
    It's good that your concept has changed Sir.
    Uptill now I am satisfied with local oils, so will continue.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    mistarshahzaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default sir . for margalla Caltex havline is the superb oil

    sir . for margalla Caltex havline CNG is the superb oil. if it changed on 3000 KM in CNG and 3500 KM in Petrol. i have 2 year of its experince since present. Having no smoke.. no noise.and best starting with best pick

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    LM 20W-50 Kixx 20w-50 Petromin 20W-50

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,896
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    There's no match in performance and value for money of Petromin 20w50. It is imported and priced very very reasonably.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hasooboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,401
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am using total oil in my margalla previously used shell, I think shell is better as compared to total

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    ayan_cdkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    44
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Margalla has flat tappets, rollers or haydraulic lifters???

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •