0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Oil level in Mehran

Hi all , i used Shell Yellow engine oil in my mehran car , the car is reducing oil
    this time i used Shell Red , but you can see in second image the oil level after 500 KMs. is this due to oil quality or other thing. should we change oil when oil level is below the mentioned circle in image 1 or we should change it when oil reached at mentioned circle level ??? which is good oil for mehran car, mileage is above 110K kms. Caltex m Zic or Shell ??
    Also after how much kms we should change oil , both for shell yellow and shell red. kindly help me

Oil level in Mehran -23101

Oil level in Mehran -23102

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the two circles are the full mark and low mark. Idealy the oil level should always be at the uper circle means full mark. make sure it never ever goes below the low mark.

Change oil after every 2500 or 3000 KM.

If there is no oil leakage than Your engine is showing signs of weakness so try using castrol GTX oil and see if it still decreases oil.

Otherwise go for new rings in summers.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

m not an expert...
    but recently i have had trouble with Shell Yellow wala, the oil level dropped after 2000km. switched to Havoline after that and my car is yet to experience an oil level drop. so in my case the culprit was Shell Oil.
    when to change: usually at around 5000 km, the second mark on the stick is the max level. in your case you need to add some oil... the first marker(arrow in the first pic) indicates the minimum level.
    which oil: stay away from ZIC n other synthetics since your engine has already done over 100k, use caltex
    but considering that your engine has been used a lot, there could be a problem with the rings etc, what about smoke?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a lot of people using shell helix are experiencing same problems these days probably due to bad quality of oil.
    try to use castrol gtx as suggested by another member. its a good oil. also take your car to a mechanic and get it checked for any worn out rings.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lancer93 View Post
    m not an expert...
    but recently i have had trouble with Shell Yellow wala, the oil level dropped after 2000km. switched to Havoline after that and my car is yet to experience an oil level drop. so in my case the culprit was Shell Oil.
    when to change: usually at around 5000 km, the second mark on the stick is the max level. in your case you need to add some oil... the first marker(arrow in the first pic) indicates the minimum level.
    which oil: stay away from ZIC n other synthetics since your engine has already done over 100k, use caltex
    but considering that your engine has been used a lot, there could be a problem with the rings etc, what about smoke?
    yea smoke in morning, but whenever i changed oil it smokes a lot for 10-12 days for 5-10 minutes in morning then disappears or become low after 10-12 days and oil level is in front of you.
    what will be the cost to repair rings as some friend told me that it cost 10-15K for new rings and this stuff like seals etc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How old is your car by the way? It could be the rings or worn out engine valve seals. "Genuine" castrol gtx is hard to find these days. You'll mostly end up buying a recycled oil. Use Caltex Havoline 20W 50. If you live in Islamabad, I suggest you buy the caltex oil from the Caltex petrol station in super market, Islamabad which is right next to the Best price super store. Their oil is simply the best.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Missed your last post regarding your engine mileage. Yes, then you definitely have a ring or worn out seal problem. Engine overhauling in Pakistan has always been a hassle. If I were you, I would've opted for a new engine. Because once your engine has been opened, you'll end up paying more than the total estimated price and would still be experiencing problems.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aviatorx View Post
    Missed your last post regarding your engine mileage. Yes, then you definitely have a ring or worn out seal problem. Engine overhauling in Pakistan has always been a hassle. If I were you, I would've opted for a new engine. Because once your engine has been opened, you'll end up paying more than the total estimated price and would still be experiencing problems.
    what is the cost of new engine ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I use Zic HiFlo in my mehran n i hav been using it for the past 3 yrs. It's perfect, i change oil after every 3000KM n i hav never experienced any drop in the oil level. so try Zic!
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am not sure how you'll find a new mehran engine... or even a good used one

the better option would be to get it repaired.. it costed me 10K to get the rings fixed etc in my lancer so i am assuming that you should be able to get it done in about 5-7k.. but m not sure...

try searching Pakwheels or better still show your car to some mechanics and get some estimates

4qi
    Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear one thing keep in mind every engine eats oil little bit but oil level 2nd mark say nechay nahi hona chaya. if ur oil level decrasing then try to chage heavy oil rather then thinner oil like if u using 10 40 then try to use 20 50.plus ager engine blelow kir raha ha tu its mean ring s are week. over hauling main kharcha zeeada o ga near abt 12 k tuk jis main rings new slabe wagaira. volve etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all for ur replies.

The problem in my car was that its engine oil was leaking, i changed the engine seals about 2 months ago, since then oil was not leaking but its level is decreasing.

@lancer93 if i get rings fixed. does it generate other problems in engine ??

@4qi i used 10w-40 Shell yellow before , this is for first time i used 20W-50 Shell red oil. but it is decreasing very fast. about half in just 500Kms

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont think so..although it is generally said that its a temporary solution and you might need to overhaul the engine in a year or so.. i got mine fixed 1.5 yrs ago and its still doing okay with no probs..
    take your car to a couple of mechanics and ask em for estimates and opinions before making a decision
    and about the oil well you can use stp oil treatment or something, it commonly available for about 150 rs or so.. add that to ur oil for now. that should reduce the oil burning thing but its just a very short term solution

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salaam all:

get a 5-litre u.a.e. made castrol gtx from pir wadhai bus stop for rs. 1100.00 & relax!

rgds

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi.

mechanic checked my car and told me that its rings and valves needs to be changed. will cost me 7K.

should i proceed now or wait for 2-3 months and just change oil whenever it goes low ?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List