Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default charade and mehran comparision

hi,

i would like to know the variation between the 86 charade and a 92-95 model mehran.

lets consider them both to be in good condition with no modification and running on petrol from day one.Now the question is which would give a better milage and what would be the optimum fuel average with and without ac.

2ndly what would be the difference in maintainence and replace ment on parts like:

suspension
    denting and painting
    interior

please use approximations and averages .

finally which would prove to be a more cost effective and daily run work horse used mainly by the driver to pick the kids from school and run errands for the elders <only petrol usage on occasional airconditioner>

i will really appreciate anybody taking time out and answering these questions in full details

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^In terms of features and quality Charade is several times better than even a 2010 Suzuki Mehran. I would say even the 1960s beetle has more features than 2010 Mehran.

1. It is almost impossible to find either Charade 86 or Mehran 92 in good condition. Even if they were properly maintained, in such a long time they have worn out and will require repair work every now and then.

2. Maintenance of Mehran is cheaper.

3. Safety wise Mehran is not good. Right now its the worst car in the market in terms of safety. If you plan to buy a Mehran, drive it extra carefully.

4. Mehran is good on CNG, but on Petrol its okay but not good for a 800cc car because it uses 1980s old carburetor engine. (Efi engines are much more efficient on petrol)

**search the forums you will find more details about both cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Technically Charade is far superior that Mehran (braking, body, engine, suspension, style, handling) A twenty year old Charade is likely to be in a better condition than a 15 year old Mehran. BUT it all depends on how they were used and maintained. Mehran has obvious advantages such as the cheap and wider availability of parts, ease of maintenance etc although you would fine a range of parts to choose from and most of them would be after market second or third quality. The best thing about Charade is the provision of engine upgrade. This is not an option in Mehran. But you could upgrade the outlook of Mehran since nothing much has changed except the grill, lights etc. Oh yeah and Mehran, with all the demerits, sells like a hot cake.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster,bro for the car to be driven by the driver i think both are good cuz the driver would drive them the same way even if u provide him with a civic or rolla.but the charade is a much stronger car bodywise,framework,its way lot more comfortable then mehran and has easy availibilty of the parts aswell however its parts availibilty cant be compared with the mehran though cz a 92 mehran uses the same engine,braking mechanisim,chaisi desigen etc so from the day one same parts have been produced to date,however with some slight variations in the parts(body parts basically)mehran has nothing new in it,but if the charade if u find 1 like u sated that on petrol from the day 1 i would suggest go for it its a gem,can be tunned awsomely well as compared to mehran,but if ur having a resale purpose in ur mind then my bro ur only left with mehran to go for cz charade also would sell immidiately but its resale is not like mehran.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks guys

cloud 100 i have a charade for my own use and i will not let my driver ruin it. its just that i was planning a mehran due to its running cost and immidiate parts.
    charade parts are expensive if ure looking for japansese new . qabli u cannot fully garunatee and chinese parts usually tend to give up soon. so im not really ready for another charade.
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LMAO....If we compare Charade wid Mehran [Totally Unjustice wid Charade];-)
    Platinum&Iridium Plugs,Performance 8MM Wires,Automotive Bulbs and Bosch Horns for sale Contact: 0333-3035482

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u find a good Charade/...it will be a gem for u
    mehran is not good
    king of atitude.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

man stick to ur charade and if likely spend more money on it even if u buy a 2009 mehran still t will have more probleems than charade
    mehran k saste parts pe ik bat"SASTA ROYE BAR BAR MEHNGA ROYE IK BAR"
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why buying 20 years old car ?? ek ek part too much chala huaa and ghissa huaa, old cars ko har week workshop ka salam karana parta hy. Mehran is not as bad. if maitained well it givs good taste on long drive and even in city it is a best car. spare parts available any where easily at cheep prices. i also have a experience of Mehran on moterway it goes 140KM/hr easily aven on CNG. Cherade can not do this, AC of mehran is not good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. If both are driven properly ... Mehran will be better. Not only is the engine smaller, but the car is lighter ...

2. Replacements parts of both cars are relatively similar priced (thought that u may change in a while), the real cheap stuff of Mehran is pretty crappy ... so I wont count that.

3. Mehran will be running cheap ... easier spares. The SIZE however, is small ... so if you need room ... the Charade is easily a better choice

Also, to be honest ... if you want cheap ... and ur getting a small hatch, put it on CNG ... Mehrans are very good on CNG. Half the cost of petrol easily!

why buying 20 years old car ?? ek ek part too much chala huaa and ghissa huaa, old cars ko har week workshop ka salam karana parta hy.
    Kia anth advice di hai ... Aap dila rahay ho latest car usko pher ? Cus obvious hai jo sasti gari lay raha hota hai he doenst have money for a newer car!
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new mehrans are expensive as a one time cost and frankly speaking even if i had a good budget i dont want to spend on over priced cars.
    2ndly im not selling my charade just opting for another car for driver running. no matter how good they are drivers will never cherish your car like their own.
    after due consideration im opting for a 1990 suzuki alto (merhan shape) ,i belive its japanese assembled.my neighbour is selling his and asking 100k .its got ac. this can be a nice car to restore as there are some body works to be done , engine over haul and a bit of fany stuff. im gonna offer 70 and add in a 30 to do the job.
    apart from budget this is for sure value for money. its a risk im taking i just hope after all is said and done this car doesnt break down on the road cause that will be dissapointing and i really dotn want to invest 4-5 lacks on a 2006-2009 model mehrans

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List