18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help regarding Mehran

Bought a new mehran 2011.. to be precise,when should I change the oil? Secondly should I drive it on petrol and if yes then for how many km's? When Should I tune it up? Ill get the car today.Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use the oil for the first 5000 kms, and atleast drive 5 kms daily on petrol for a month or so to get the engine properly running. get the first tuning at 2500 kms.
    btw, why did you pick mehran? and how much is it costing you?
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh well... I was going for a khyber but unluckily i didn't get.. many were rusted and in bad shape.. for the better one's the owners were demanding too much.. i thought to buy a new mehran ..anyhow..its new ,recommend me engine oil for it... ill be changing after 1000km .. I heard about ZIC but which one will be good A or A+ ..there are grades I guess ...some says go for caltex Havoline .. recommend me one thanks !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use caltex havoline Gold for mehran.
    "Wife & car always looks good when they are shining"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What do you say about ZIC A? its good I heard!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes thats also gud one bt zic is very hard to find original one

TM
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I think the first oil change and checkup should be done at 1000km...the dealer will tell you that you need to visit the 3S after completing the initial 1000km...
    "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But going for the selection of OIL is my choice not the dealer ,what will the choice of 3s for my car? ... will they ask me or NO?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they will nt ask bt dnt go for oils which gives long term usage....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use Zic A or Castrol magnatec. I will suggest u to use magnatec its also 10W40.its a great oil.
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    oh well... I was going for a khyber but unluckily i didn't get.. many were rusted and in bad shape.. for the better one's the owners were demanding too much.. i thought to buy a new mehran ..anyhow..its new ,recommend me engine oil for it... ill be changing after 1000km .. I heard about ZIC but which one will be good A or A+ ..there are grades I guess ...some says go for caltex Havoline .. recommend me one thanks !
    I am personally using mehran2007 , let me tell you one thing no matter which oil you are going to use , your car is going to reduce it atleast 1 quart in 4000 km running , mehran engine sucks , atleast thats what i observed i initially used shell helix plus 10w40 then zic A 10w40 but after continuous reduction i have now switched to 20w50 havoline by caltex , don't know what its going to hold but before you complete your 5000km with current oil , i will be done with my running so i will surely share the results with you . And you know what the manual of mehran you got check it out lol it still says use oil with API standard of SE.SF and SG

Till then don't be in hurry use your current engine oil till 5000km

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh my car has only completed 35 kms I don't know which oil has been filled by the company but ill be changing it when i will complete its initial at 1000km... its on petrol.And secondly I will be changing the oil after every 3,000km's ... so there will be no reduction issues as well.I know ZIC A is for long term usage but keep it a side..ill be still changing it mani by your personal experience with mehran from 2007 ,what do you think which engine oil was compatible with your car?ZIC A 10w40,shell helix plus 10w40 or 20w50 havoline by caltex?forget about reduction of oil after 4,000km,maybe it can be some other problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh my car has only completed 35 kms I don't know which oil has been filled by the company but ill be changing it when i will complete its initial at 1000km... its on petrol.And secondly I will be changing the oil after every 3,000km's ... so there will be no reduction issues as well.I know ZIC A is for long term usage but keep it a side..ill be still changing it mani by your personal experience with mehran from 2007 ,what do you think which engine oil was compatible with your car?ZIC A 10w40,shell helix plus 10w40 or 20w50 havoline by caltex?forget about reduction of oil after 4,000km,maybe it can be some other problem.
    Your car will be having zic A 10W40 company filled as zic is now sponsoring all 3s suzuki dealers , previously it was shell helix plus 10w40 as shell was sponsoring 3s dealers ,

If you are going to replace your oil after just 1000km it means you are just wasting money , no need to be so rushy about it . ask any suzuki 3s dealer and they will ask you to replace after 5000km or atleast and utmost at 4500km

The running in kms which any dealer will tell you or are company stated are as follow

Shell Hilux plus 10w40 5000km but better to replace it at 4500 , Zic A 10w40 5000 km but better to replace it at 4500km , Caltex havoline formula 20W50 5000km but better to replace it at 4500 km Caltex havoline motor oil 20W50 4000km but better to replace it at 3500km

Among all of them Zic A is the costlier one as far as i know

Caltex havoline formula costs 1400 and something rupees for 3 litres
    Caltex havoline motor oil costs 1170 rupees for 3 litres

don't remember the price for zic A and shell helix plus but shell helix plus is cheaper than zic A

As far as the the oil is concerned use the same one as your 3S dealer has poured it in your engine unless and until the oil gets reduce , keep checking it out frequently , frequently doesn't means daily . check it out once a week atleast ,

specially check it out after 2500km running because its then when usually mehran engine reduces oil

I am saying about mehran engine because i know a friend also who bought mehran 2007 and he already has once overhauled his engine and spent 17000 rupees on it

Basicaly there are very few mechanics who know ABC of your car , everyone will pretend that he knows everything while declaring other mechanic a stupid , they even don't know the ABC , even the mechanics at suzuki 3S dealer workshop they suck big time , i personally have very horrible experience with them

They are their just to charge you double for every product under the tag of 3S dealer . I know how they destroyed may tappet cover and still the problem was un-solved while a local mechanic just took 100 rupees for solving that problem and after almost 15000-20000kms i never faced that problem ALHAMDOLLILAH

According to many people mehran engine rings are weak and they cant hold any synthetic oil properly the result usually is the oil gets burnt or internal leakage as a result it gets reduce , its evident because for mehran suzuki is still using the same old engine technology which they were using back in 90's , for proof you can check your suzuki owners manual and you will be baffled to see that it is the same which was printed in 1992

even on the main page/opening cover it will be written "printed date 1992"

and inside the manual will be reffering to use API SG.SE.SF grade oils which are obsolete now but as the engine technology is old so for mehran they still recommend it

Believe me still i think buying mehran was biggest mistake in my life cuore is far far far better option , anywayz now as you got it so there is no point in crying over split milk but last but not the least for the time being use the one oil which is already there in your engine if it gets reduced then try to switch it otherwise use the same one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ slakr

by the way my car has just done around 43000km and that is not too much but its reducing oil since the day i first checked my oil level , yup it is doing it since it was very new .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmm thanks for the detailed answer.. the dealer will also advice me to put ZIC A 10w40 because of sponsorship thingy... anyhow ill try my luck with ZIC . This 20w50 havoline by caltex,Is it caltex formula true.. i heard its also good and affordable.. I didn't know that ZIC A 10W40 for 3 litres will cost around 2000 Rs lol .. lemme tell you something i just poured ZIC super A coolant pre diluted in my car.. its going good with it.. it was around 1200 or 1300 Rs.just curious why didn't they fil;ll up the coolant before.My brain says I shouldn't go for expensive engine oils like ZIC A etc I should also go for caltex formula.. caltex aint bad in my point of view.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well late reply
    but i have used every oil in my mehran
    shell never use it car will give smoke
    zic no good or bad experience ither
    mobil askri 20W 50 best oil if u can get from supplier direct its even better then ZIC
    car gives no smoke on startup anf engine feels alive
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'll just move on with zic A 10W40 as its also company filled... as zic is now sponsoring all 3s suzuki dealers.Its good and i like to move on with it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmm thanks for the detailed answer.. the dealer will also advice me to put ZIC A 10w40 because of sponsorship thingy... anyhow ill try my luck with ZIC . This 20w50 havoline by caltex,Is it caltex formula true.. i heard its also good and affordable.. I didn't know that ZIC A 10W40 for 3 litres will cost around 2000 Rs lol .. lemme tell you something i just poured ZIC super A coolant pre diluted in my car.. its going good with it.. it was around 1200 or 1300 Rs.just curious why didn't they fil;ll up the coolant before.My brain says I shouldn't go for expensive engine oils like ZIC A etc I should also go for caltex formula.. caltex aint bad in my point of view.
    what the heck they even didn't gave you coolant? man thats horrible coz when i bought it the coolant bottle was filled upto max mark with coolant , BTW from where did you bought such costly coolant? last time caltex coolant was costing around 500-600 rupees and the person who washed my radiator advised me to use that one as per him its the best coolant available in market but 1200-1300

and yes you are right your dealer will always insist you to go for Zic A or the one for which the have sponsorship ,

One thing i can assure you that there is no use of buying costly lubricants for car like mehran , i have done that in past by buying all those semi synthetic oils but they have given me nothing but headache when all my friends were using havoline 20w50 and advising me to go for same but i was more into these costly stuff but later i found out no matter how much you spend at the end its still mehran with a 20 years old technology so for that old is gold

yes if you have expensive car like reborn ,accord or even corolla i will advice you to go for expensive ones like mobil1 or even zic A+ and for cars like cultus even zic A can do the job but for cars like mehran and bolan simpler is better

All my friends whom i know are using havoline 20w50 and are satisfied with it

Yes havoline comes in 20W50 grading under two brands , both Havoline formula and Havoline motor oil have 20W50 gradings , but the difference is the price of both as previous is 300 rupees costlier and 1000km more mileage than the later one

In hot conditions like Pakistan i will now prefer 20W50 in mehran as there is too much hot in summers and due to the high viscosity of 20w50 it is more survivable in heat

Its upto you know to decide

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'll just move on with zic A 10W40 as its also company filled... as zic is now sponsoring all 3s suzuki dealers.Its good and i like to move on with it
    Its upto you , but dealers always keep those brands and offer them from whom they are getting more profit , don't think they offer you because its the best in the market but because they are getting the best profit from them

First 3S dealers were getting more profit from shell so they offered that but now as Zic is offering them more they are offering Zic , tomorrow if castrol will offer them more they will start using castrol thats the way it goes , but i will advice you to be careful in purchasing the oil , if they are 3S dealers doesn't mean they cant supply non-genuine oil . i had experience of that so be careful while purchasing any oil . try to go for that store or oil of which you are sure that its genuine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mani I just bought the coolant bottle for 2008 model Mehran for my cousin's car .. i poured it in,its not having any coolant in it....it hasbeen driven roughly by him.. my car is having the coolant...it will be zic's right? after putting the coolant in my cousins car ..the drive is bit smooth ...dunno why but it is lol ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List