Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default mehran battery help

salam every one..
    hope every one will be alright.
    this is my first thread on PW.
    i am totally new to automobiles.
    i bought a 2007 mehran few months ago..
    so coming toward my problem because of which i am posting there . I went to some place and unfortunately because of far away u-turn i have to drive on wrong side so i insted of turninng on parking lights turned on the headlights(cause is no experience).
    the battery became dead. anyways taking help from some taaxi wala i managed to start the car and drived to home and it charged thee battery.
    now from 4 days my car was not used and its battery again didnt helped me to start the car. i checked water in it . it wwas below lower level marking. i filled acid in it and tried to start but it didnt worked. than i sent it to battery shop for charging and he said its one cell is dead. plz tell me what to do now. should i buy new battery or there is some other way?
    also tell me price of new battery for suzuki mehran.
    will b waiting for ur kind replies.

regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get your generator/alternator checked in the first place, as driving with headlights on do not consume battery, it does only when the alternator is faulty.
    secondly if you have bought a new battery it should have warranty, if you have bought a used one you should have asked for a couple of weeks warranty from the shop you have bought it.
    IMO your old battery seems to be a victim of this culprit as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iamadee View Post
    Get your generator/alternator checked in the first place, as driving with headlights on do not consume battery, it does only when the alternator is faulty.
    secondly if you have bought a new battery it should have warranty, if you have bought a used one you should have asked for a couple of weeks warranty from the shop you have bought it.
    IMO your old battery seems to be a victim of this culprit as well.

i think i skipped something.. i drove with headlights and when i parked it i left headlights on.. dont know should i cry or laugh on ma self.. and i came back after 5 hourz and even cars securrity system led waas also not working..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

visit some battery shop and get the battery & charging system checked. It will resolve the issue. Nothing to be worried much take care of car properly it takes you around conveniently.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani_11 View Post
    salam every one..
    hope every one will be alright.
    this is my first thread on PW.
    i am totally new to automobiles.
    i bought a 2007 mehran few months ago..
    so coming toward my problem because of which i am posting there . I went to some place and unfortunately because of far away u-turn i have to drive on wrong side so i insted of turninng on parking lights turned on the headlights(cause is no experience).
    the battery became dead. anyways taking help from some taaxi wala i managed to start the car and drived to home and it charged thee battery.
    now from 4 days my car was not used and its battery again didnt helped me to start the car. i checked water in it . it wwas below lower level marking. i filled acid in it and tried to start but it didnt worked. than i sent it to battery shop for charging and he said its one cell is dead. plz tell me what to do now. should i buy new battery or there is some other way?
    also tell me price of new battery for suzuki mehran.
    will b waiting for ur kind replies.

regards,
    dear battery wont run down just because of the hazard signel , and if some how it discharges then it can charge with in 30 min while you run your car , its totally wrong that its goes off just because of that , may be it already have completed its life , but the second thing is that you new battery also goes off .............. there is some problem with your alternator/generator ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do your self a test to check the alternator ,,,,,,,,,start the engine ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,after that remove one of the battery terminal while some one sitting on driving seat and foot on gas peddle , if your car switches off as soon as you remove the terminal then it means your alternator is not working ,,,,,,,,if wont then switch on the head light ,,,,,,,,if the light is ok and no effect in RPM then it means your alternator is also ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    further alternator/battery test can be done with an amp meter ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your battery got over discharged. Most of the lead acid batteries doesnt get revived after deep discharge. damage is permanent in some case but in few it get back to 100% with charging.

Share SG result of all 6 cells

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    visit some battery shop and get the battery & charging system checked. It will resolve the issue. Nothing to be worried much take care of car properly it takes you around conveniently.

tomorrow inshAllah i will be visiting him because today was friday.. Allah kary battery new na leni paray

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    dear battery wont run down just because of the hazard signel , and if some how it discharges then it can charge with in 30 min while you run your car , its totally wrong that its goes off just because of that , may be it already have completed its life , but the second thing is that you new battery also goes off .............. there is some problem with your alternator/generator ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do your self a test to check the alternator ,,,,,,,,,start the engine ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,after that remove one of the battery terminal while some one sitting on driving seat and foot on gas peddle , if your car switches off as soon as you remove the terminal then it means your alternator is not working ,,,,,,,,if wont then switch on the head light ,,,,,,,,if the light is ok and no effect in RPM then it means your alternator is also ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    further alternator/battery test can be done with an amp meter ,

i dont know that battery is new or old because i have purchased a second hand car. i will do all this process once i get in a position to atleast start my car (((

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    Your battery got over discharged. Most of the lead acid batteries doesnt get revived after deep discharge. damage is permanent in some case but in few it get back to 100% with charging.

Share SG result of all 6 cells

what is SG result?
    sorry bro i am noob in this field of automobiles
    the person to whom i sent ma battery for testing shorted both terminals. the 5 cells boiled thhe water or acid in them but one of them didnt did so. and that person said that this cell is not working.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need a cut off system in the lighting circuit so that they shut off when the key is switched off. Its a relay system that can be installed in the original fuse box of your car.

And your battery is now dead, because I am 100% sure that it was using tap water as electrolyte which itself is bad news and you leaving the lights on killed it for sure.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is SG result?
    sorry bro i am noob in this field of automobiles
    the person to whom i sent ma battery for testing shorted both terminals. the 5 cells boiled thhe water or acid in them but one of them didnt did so. and that person said that this cell is not working.
    in short , SG stands for specific Gravity of the electrolyte used in the battery.

In fully charged battery it should be around 1.250 in all cells, if one cell has a negative difference of >=0.050 from the rest means it is not accepting charge subsequently not delivering any.

Your battery was received dead by the battery person and he just buried it (RIP) by the procedure he performed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    You need a cut off system in the lighting circuit so that they shut off when the key is switched off. Its a relay system that can be installed in the original fuse box of your car.

And your battery is now dead, because I am 100% sure that it was using tap water as electrolyte which itself is bad news and you leaving the lights on killed it for sure.
    i will get it installed as soon as possible sir.. thanks for your kind suggestion..
    so my this mistake will make 2500 out of my pocket..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    in short , SG stands for specific Gravity of the electrolyte used in the battery.

In fully charged battery it should be around 1.250 in all cells, if one cell has a negative difference of >=0.050 from the rest means it is not accepting charge subsequently not delivering any.

Your battery was received dead by the battery person and he just buried it (RIP) by the procedure he performed.
    yr i didnt knew anything otherewise main usy mana kr deta for sure.
    anyways mistakes teach us alot..
    its the start.. inshAllah after some time i will b able to tackle the problem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i will get it installed as soon as possible sir.. thanks for your kind suggestion..
    so my this mistake will make 2500 out of my pocket..
    installation of such relay will prevent such mistakes. Ask the electrician to use a relay to route power to the headlights only when the ignition is ON.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    installation of such relay will prevent such mistakes. Ask the electrician to use a relay to route power to the headlights only when the ignition is ON.

hmm you are right bro.. i will get it installed..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List