Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions

AOA
    i have owned mehran for 7 years almost and most of the stuff has gone wrong so if some one has an issue with mehran he can ask me here i will be glad to help a mehran brother to put him out of this misery as mehran is a car that can make u go mad and pull ur hair a part KIDDING
    so some one has problem post it here i will do my best to come up with a solution
    Problem no 1: Starting in winters is a hell if ur getting late dhicka will do the trick but u need to check few things Park the car in night on petrol,Open the Self as mechs call it SULF and check barrings in it they are copper barrings and if needed so replace them else ask the electrification to clean the self,and reinstall it
    then check the battery DON'T add water over the High level mark as in winters problems is that Engine OIl freezes or gets thick and it needs extra kick from the battery
    other things related are clean the plugs and change the plug wires possible to 8mm ones and clean or replace the Point which comes in Distributor
    also check the
    +ve wire of the self is Tight to battery as most of the time its a small thing which makes u go mad

PRoblem no 2
    :
    Axel and CV joints so CV joints are too weak in mehran and 3 years of rough driving can kill them and when replacing CV joints never go for a kabuli AXEL as they tend to be repaired most of them use Chinese ones they work good and tell the Kharaiya to never temper with the length of the Axel in fitting of the Cv joints the length should be as OEM specs
    and if the Straight joint is worn out replace it with Cross and the Cross kupa but be careful for length and the kuppa pick the kuppa which has the smoothest end which goes in to the Gearbox as it can damage Axel seals in gear box
    always use the Original Rod of ur car as its build for ur car a mechanic will suggest u to replace whole AXEL with Kabuli but its from an older model besides most of them are repaired
    Issue in top speed and pick
    when i first got the chance to Floor mehran on M1 with iridium plugs and 8mm wires bought from Shoba i was really Disappointed with results car was hitting 110km/h MAX on petrol i was so mad but in this i noticed a few things which were wrong in my car
    1 Cv joint of right axel
    2 Cylinder Packing it made dar dar sound like old taxies after 80Km/h mark
    3 and wires from shoba had no life in them they were used and abuses
    so excpet for CV joint i changed wires to new 8mm which are cheaper then shoba wali Kabuli wires and Cylinder Packing plus whole exhaust had wholes so repaired it all got her tuned from ENERCON center and after a few days i hit the M1 again plus similar iridiums were in it and this time results were amazing mehran ha 165/70/12 tires and speedo was showing 130 so u can guess what it was in real speed as big tires cause speedo to give an error 100 in speedo = 112.2 Km/h in real

Ignition Coil replacement

as most of mehrans have OIL ignition coil which Comes FF and it sucks it has a limited life and mechs do make a mistake when coil dies they assume that head gasket is gone and which leads to other problems.replace coil with magnetic coil which Alto and Cultus use its way better and gives an edge in starting costs were low when i did this 600 for the coil brand new but now i herd its for 1500 or something comes in a triangle box.

Front Guarder o
    r GADRI

as time passes Front Guarder or GADRI become rusted and weak which causes problems for mountings of the front jumping rod a new Front Guarder or GADRI is about 1000 and 4 bolts hold it in place on a non accidented car its not a big job Front bumper needs to be opened and jumping rod and 4 bolts and its the reverse process while fitting but a car which had some accident then its a job in which a denter makes some $$$$ but there is always a way around intall gaudri and all stuff and see if there is some difference on alingment of bolts of front engine mounts cut a whole with welding torch in the engine mounting plate and its easy and also make adjustments to the jumping rod u can make tires placement in the wheels where they will fit but go for some good dentor so frame can be pulled out will cost more but its the right way
    installation of Foam in Doors to reduce sounds
    its a simple task install some pieces of foam behind the lock wires and door handle wires inside the door
    open the inner door covers first take the hadle out its held with 2 screws then take the cover of handle out held with single screw then the window winder take it out but it requires a trick rool it to a point u can see the joint end of the pit take it out with a screw driver and window winder will be free
    then take the cover our its held with clips but don't put much pressure on them they can break after its out check all bolts and screws inside the doors if they are loose tight them and hit the door with ur fist so u can hear sounds now with other hand start detecting what wire is loose cut some foam and put it between the door and line
    by this u can reduce 90% of sounds in mehran
    Tire and rim size
    now we see many Kewl boys put 15s on a mehran but this little car never needs huge wheels
    best size for mehroo is 145/70/12 and 155/70/12 no other these two are best sizes

Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions -414980

Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mowaisajaz View Post
    i have mehran 6700km odo it is euro 2 petrol..tell me which engine oil will be good for it ..?i heard Zic A+ is very good oil.is it?
    Yes it is good and zic a is also good stay awayfrom sgp oils as they are re packed total products

Sent from my A10 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Khan_Saab View Post
    Oooo mara choro yara is MEHRAN ko, 1980 se 2013 takh aik he shape hai, Mara ab chor du is Mehran ki jan, hum tang aa gaye hai is MEHRAN ki shape deekh deekh kr, Ab mara Alto ki baat karo
    33 Saal puri shape wali car ko chadu

Mara choro ab tum MEHRAN ke KNOB ke peche par gaye hai, Jase MEHRAN kohi LUXUS hai,

Ye MEHRAN hai kohi CVT belta nai, Mara kohi bhi OIL dal lo, bacha bacha mechanic is ka janti hai

Yara tum ne Mehran EuroII ko Ferrari samji howi hai, Mara ye aasi car hai is ka parts ghar ghar mei banti hai

Mara Mehran lo gi tu Noise tu sath he aaye ga nah
    Thanks for ur most valueable suggestions
    Che pukhto darzi nu
    Uss warla khanda
    We all know its crap i say every local car is crap
    Chap sa lakho

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

which ac compressor is best for mehran????plz tell me fast as i m going to the shop???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdkhan2 View Post
    which ac compressor is best for mehran????plz tell me fast as i m going to the shop???
    Sanden new or good 660

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How can we improve the overall comfort level of Mehran?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasahmedsiddiqui View Post
    How can we improve the overall comfort level of Mehran?
    a lot to do
    main cause is hard suspension
    soft shocks all around
    and lubricxated kamanies

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi experts,

Great thread, I read all 700+ posts in one session . I have a little problem and need your expert opinion. I am new to cars and bought 1996 model Mehran this month. Its engine is quite fine and I am happy with it. Problem is that it runs fine on CNG but when I switch it to patrol, its engine stops when ever i lift my foot from the gas paddle. It needs constant press of gas paddle and while running on patrol when I try to shift gear and lift my foot from excelerator, engine stops. I heard from some people that either CNG settings can be good or patrol, If i get it tuned from Patrol then CNG settings will be disturbed so I should not do it.

Now I want to ask you people that

1- Is it true if I get it tuned for patrol then it will loose CNG settings?
    2- Can someone tell me from where to adjust the settings of CNG and Patrol? both have same place (like carburetor) or different for adjustment. A picture will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nasir

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi experts,

Great thread, I read all 700+ posts in one session . I have a little problem and need your expert opinion. I am new to cars and bought 1996 model Mehran this month. Its engine is quite fine and I am happy with it. Problem is that it runs fine on CNG but when I switch it to patrol, its engine stops when ever i lift my foot from the gas paddle. It needs constant press of gas paddle and while running on patrol when I try to shift gear and lift my foot from excelerator, engine stops. I heard from some people that either CNG settings can be good or patrol, If i get it tuned from Patrol then CNG settings will be disturbed so I should not do it.

2- Can someone tell me from where to adjust the settings of CNG and Patrol? both have same place (like carburetor) or different for adjustment. A picture illustration will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nasir

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    Hi experts,

2- Can someone tell me from where to adjust the settings of CNG and Patrol? both have same place (like carburetor) or different for adjustment. A picture illustration will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nasir
    both cng and petrol have settings from differnt places and on CNG its on the pipe which comes from cng to carb for pick and for idle there is a screw in side of cng kit
    petrol is done from idle screw in carb
    and if ur new to cars just don't touch them as u might get them wrong
    go to a cng mech
    ask him "petrol pe race ziada kar do"
    and it will take him a min or so but tell him not to much race just like it won't stop turning off when i lift the pedal as some times they go crazy with race setting
    baki if u want to go for tuneup then go for some good computerized guys
    cost is about 400 for a tune and tappet setting

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you very much ekdrifter, man!! I like your style of explaining things. Sure I am new to cars but I have passion to learn engineering stuff . I disassembled and then assembled the mechanical of my Panasonic VCR 7 years ago after downloading its diagram from net ...(I just luv DIY).

I was just afraid to go to mechanic as someone told me that if you got patrol adjusted then they will mess cng settings and mileage will be affected.

There is another issue which I would like to discuss: My car starts after 4-5 self tries (on CNG. not using patrol as it needs adjustment). When it starts, it gives blueish smoke with smell for a minute and then smoke vanishes and everything is fine. Can you please tell me why this smoke is coming at startup and could it be fixed with tune up of the car from good computerized tune up?

Thanks again !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

funny thing is that I opened hood just couple of minutes ago and was unable to locate carburetor ... then closed it due to hot environment and ran back to my room

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you very much ekdrifter, man!! I like your style of explaining things. Sure I am new to cars but I have passion to learn engineering stuff . I disassembled and then assembled the mechanical of my Panasonic VCR 7 years ago after downloading its diagram from net ...(I just luv DIY).

I was just afraid to go to mechanic as someone told me that if you got patrol adjusted then they will mess cng settings and mileage will be affected.

There is another issue which I would like to discuss: My car starts after 4-5 self tries (on CNG. not using patrol as it needs adjustment). When it starts, it gives blueish smoke with smell for a minute and then smoke vanishes and everything is fine. Can you please tell me why this smoke is coming at startup and could it be fixed with tune up of the car from good computerized tune up?

Thanks again !
    as u mentioned its a 96 model and does this occur every time u start or just first statrup in the morning?
    if its in the moring then valve seals in head and rings in pisons are worn but not too much
    but if its on every startup then change those asap
    but cost is a little high and u need a reliable mech
    whole engine will be open and valve seals and rings alone cost 3000 the best qualty one ans i think 7-8k total expense
    and it will decrise engine oil
    plus which oil u use in it
    if its 10 40 then upgrade to 20w 50 oils

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes almost every time when I start. I changed oil 3 weeks ago and traveled 300+ kilo meters on motorway plus I just run it locally for 5-7 km daily but still when I checked the oil gauge today, it was on full mark.

I don't remember exactly but I think mechanic asked for Havoline and air filter was just blower cleaned.

I will try starting it on patrol and then shift to cng when I get patrol rpm fixed. Thanks bro !!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes almost every time when I start. I changed oil 3 weeks ago and traveled 300+ kilo meters on motorway plus I just run it locally for 5-7 km daily but still when I checked the oil gauge today, it was on full mark.

I don't remember exactly but I think mechanic asked for Havoline and air filter was just blower cleaned.

I will try starting it on patrol and then shift to cng when I get patrol rpm fixed. Thanks bro !!!
    Surprisingly started it 1/2 hour ago with choke and there was no smoke..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    a lot to do
    main cause is hard suspension
    soft shocks all around
    and lubricxated kamanies
    where do you get soft shocks? and how do you get kamanis lubricated? i dont think lubrication will last much longer.
    20GB Free Online Storage: Sign-up Now: https://copy.com?r=CPom47

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Surprisingly started it 1/2 hour ago with choke and there was no smoke..
    Just note how many times it gives smoke

Quote Originally Posted by digitalmohsin View Post
    where do you get soft shocks? and how do you get kamanis lubricated? i dont think lubrication will last much longer.
    Lubricant and nawar in between the layers
    I had found kabuli shokcs tokiko ride was soft like alto

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lubricant and nawar in between the layers
    I had found kabuli shokcs tokiko ride was soft like alto

Thank you bro but can you please explain what do you mean by kamanies and nawar?
    Also, how long will the process of lubrication take and how much will it cost approximately?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kamaniesn back suspension its leaf spring and there is an old babaje in my city who does this work from mehran to trucks
    He opens leaf springs then change all bushings to new and lubricate with grease and put a cloth called nawar in local languge use to make charpaies it acts as an anti friction between metal plates so then ride gets smooth
    Front shoks buy new ones if u can afford gabrial or kyb

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Almost 12month before today, i did some suspension work in my car, that time i replace almost every part with new one cv joint, ball joint every thing.. after 10month it starts creating problem, the steering gets so much hard that it was difficult for me to move the car.. then i went to mechanic and he repair ball joint... (the one on arms), the steering road and box.. then after few months it work well....but know i am facing a very annoying problem...... some times on a specific route at some specific location it start moving either left side or right side without them movement of steering.... this thing happens at a particular location only... and at that area i feel like if the car is not under my control......at that area i drive very carefully and rotate the steering slightly and frequently to keep it in line

I think its the problem with ball joints.... if it is..then please tell me from where i can get the genuine set of suspensions (here in karachi) and what will be its cost..... and will it better to have a genuine set.... because last time the mechanic told me that the new parts are not good .... they will cost u alot

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers