Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 2484
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Cool Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions

    AOA
    i have owned mehran for 7 years almost and most of the stuff has gone wrong so if some one has an issue with mehran he can ask me here i will be glad to help a mehran brother to put him out of this misery as mehran is a car that can make u go mad and pull ur hair a part KIDDING
    so some one has problem post it here i will do my best to come up with a solution
    Problem no 1: Starting in winters is a hell if ur getting late dhicka will do the trick but u need to check few things Park the car in night on petrol,Open the Self as mechs call it SULF and check barrings in it they are copper barrings and if needed so replace them else ask the electrification to clean the self,and reinstall it
    then check the battery DON'T add water over the High level mark as in winters problems is that Engine OIl freezes or gets thick and it needs extra kick from the battery
    other things related are clean the plugs and change the plug wires possible to 8mm ones and clean or replace the Point which comes in Distributor
    also check the
    +ve wire of the self is Tight to battery as most of the time its a small thing which makes u go mad

    PRoblem no 2
    :
    Axel and CV joints so CV joints are too weak in mehran and 3 years of rough driving can kill them and when replacing CV joints never go for a kabuli AXEL as they tend to be repaired most of them use Chinese ones they work good and tell the Kharaiya to never temper with the length of the Axel in fitting of the Cv joints the length should be as OEM specs
    and if the Straight joint is worn out replace it with Cross and the Cross kupa but be careful for length and the kuppa pick the kuppa which has the smoothest end which goes in to the Gearbox as it can damage Axel seals in gear box
    always use the Original Rod of ur car as its build for ur car a mechanic will suggest u to replace whole AXEL with Kabuli but its from an older model besides most of them are repaired
    Issue in top speed and pick
    when i first got the chance to Floor mehran on M1 with iridium plugs and 8mm wires bought from Shoba i was really Disappointed with results car was hitting 110km/h MAX on petrol i was so mad but in this i noticed a few things which were wrong in my car
    1 Cv joint of right axel
    2 Cylinder Packing it made dar dar sound like old taxies after 80Km/h mark
    3 and wires from shoba had no life in them they were used and abuses
    so excpet for CV joint i changed wires to new 8mm which are cheaper then shoba wali Kabuli wires and Cylinder Packing plus whole exhaust had wholes so repaired it all got her tuned from ENERCON center and after a few days i hit the M1 again plus similar iridiums were in it and this time results were amazing mehran ha 165/70/12 tires and speedo was showing 130 so u can guess what it was in real speed as big tires cause speedo to give an error 100 in speedo = 112.2 Km/h in real

    Ignition Coil replacement


    as most of mehrans have OIL ignition coil which Comes FF and it sucks it has a limited life and mechs do make a mistake when coil dies they assume that head gasket is gone and which leads to other problems.replace coil with magnetic coil which Alto and Cultus use its way better and gives an edge in starting costs were low when i did this 600 for the coil brand new but now i herd its for 1500 or something comes in a triangle box.

    Front Guarder o
    r GADRI

    as time passes Front Guarder or GADRI become rusted and weak which causes problems for mountings of the front jumping rod a new Front Guarder or GADRI is about 1000 and 4 bolts hold it in place on a non accidented car its not a big job Front bumper needs to be opened and jumping rod and 4 bolts and its the reverse process while fitting but a car which had some accident then its a job in which a denter makes some $$$$ but there is always a way around intall gaudri and all stuff and see if there is some difference on alingment of bolts of front engine mounts cut a whole with welding torch in the engine mounting plate and its easy and also make adjustments to the jumping rod u can make tires placement in the wheels where they will fit but go for some good dentor so frame can be pulled out will cost more but its the right way
    installation of Foam in Doors to reduce sounds
    its a simple task install some pieces of foam behind the lock wires and door handle wires inside the door
    open the inner door covers first take the hadle out its held with 2 screws then take the cover of handle out held with single screw then the window winder take it out but it requires a trick rool it to a point u can see the joint end of the pit take it out with a screw driver and window winder will be free
    then take the cover our its held with clips but don't put much pressure on them they can break after its out check all bolts and screws inside the doors if they are loose tight them and hit the door with ur fist so u can hear sounds now with other hand start detecting what wire is loose cut some foam and put it between the door and line
    by this u can reduce 90% of sounds in mehran
    Tire and rim size
    now we see many Kewl boys put 15s on a mehran but this little car never needs huge wheels
    best size for mehroo is 145/70/12 and 155/70/12 no other these two are best sizes


    Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions -414980

    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  2. #941
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burnoutrevenge View Post
    Should I go for the new sanden unit or the 660 cc one? Which would be more reliable and provide more cooling?

    Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app
    sanden is better
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  3. #942
    PakWheeler Follow
    burnoutrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Also, would I need to change the radiator or something? I have heard there are heating issues in mehran while the ac is on

    Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #943
    PakWheeler Follow
    mujtabaayan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I want to adjust the headlight beams of Mehran. Currently light beam is tilted upwards and towards right. The headlights have 2 adjustment screws at their back. One is at the top center and other one is at the right side. Please guide which screw is meant for which adjustment up/down and right/left and the clockwise/ anticlockwise rotation impact/relation of these screws?

  5. #944
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burnoutrevenge View Post
    Also, would I need to change the radiator or something? I have heard there are heating issues in mehran while the ac is on

    Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app
    3 nali radiator if u face issues other wise cleaning of rad and always use only coolant 3 bootles of zic

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  6. #945
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mujtabaayan1 View Post
    I want to adjust the headlight beams of Mehran. Currently light beam is tilted upwards and towards right. The headlights have 2 adjustment screws at their back. One is at the top center and other one is at the right side. Please guide which screw is meant for which adjustment up/down and right/left and the clockwise/ anticlockwise rotation impact/relation of these screws?
    Which model u have old shape or new shape in old shape 3 screws do the job and in new well best way is to get it adjusted by a pro

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  7. #946
    PakWheeler Follow
    muhammad.hamza.shahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    anyone can help me? i have a 2005 mehran VXR CNG first owner, 130,000 km driven stock everything not even sound system, recently replaced tyres with yokohama 155/65 r 12, this year it has caused many problems and i nearly spent 50k in 6 months on it including 18k for yokohama, when it was new it worked perfectly fine but now every other day it has some problem, in last 6 months i have changes front wheel bearings 2 times, timing belt for the first time in 130k kms axles 3 times, radiator repaired 2 times front shockers once once clutch and once gear assembly, and now it does that chk chk sound when i drive it in gear, without gear no chk chk, and today again i heard that "KHATTARRRR" sound from axles, the car has always been well managed i mean oil change at 4000 km and stuff. but now it doesn't drives good, i mean not perfect is required but atleast without noises and stuff, this car was in my fathers use who had a daily intercity running of 20 kms, he used for 120k kms and now he has given it to me, help me how can i make it work soundless? we can afford another swift or cultus easily but thats not an option as my parents say " logon ko jelous hoti hai"

  8. #947
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,958
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^bro your mechanic has been misguiding you and ripping you off, from now on, always ask pakwheelers before doing anything.
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  9. #948
    PakWheeler Follow
    muhammad.hamza.shahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hm ... i had that doubt already ...

  10. #949
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad.hamza.shahid View Post
    anyone can help me? i have a 2005 mehran VXR CNG first owner, 130,000 km driven stock everything not even sound system, recently replaced tyres with yokohama 155/65 r 12, this year it has caused many problems and i nearly spent 50k in 6 months on it including 18k for yokohama, when it was new it worked perfectly fine but now every other day it has some problem, in last 6 months i have changes front wheel bearings 2 times, timing belt for the first time in 130k kms axles 3 times, radiator repaired 2 times front shockers once once clutch and once gear assembly, and now it does that chk chk sound when i drive it in gear, without gear no chk chk, and today again i heard that "KHATTARRRR" sound from axles, the car has always been well managed i mean oil change at 4000 km and stuff. but now it doesn't drives good, i mean not perfect is required but atleast without noises and stuff, this car was in my fathers use who had a daily intercity running of 20 kms, he used for 120k kms and now he has given it to me, help me how can i make it work soundless? we can afford another swift or cultus easily but thats not an option as my parents say " logon ko jelous hoti hai"
    main thing is that ur mech is not understanding the problem and for axels never replace whole axels just change the CV joints and man i think mech opned the gearbox so its a fed up i suggest take it to another mch
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  11. #950
    PakWheeler Follow
    mujtabaayan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    Which model u have old shape or new shape in old shape 3 screws do the job and in new well best way is to get it adjusted by a pro

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I want to know about new shape

  12. #951
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mujtabaayan1 View Post
    I want to know about new shape
    there are screws behind head lights but i never tinkered with them
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  13. #952
    PakWheeler Follow
    muhammad.hamza.shahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    just today radiator started leaking a bit,

  14. #953
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad.hamza.shahid View Post
    just today radiator started leaking a bit,
    take it to a cleaner guy clean it up and repair it and if its gone then get a new one simple
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  15. #954
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    typeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    aoa to all. @ekdrifter story of my mehran is very big but in short what choices we have to swap the engine and what will be the cost or on the other hand over hauling will be more feasible ? reported problem are
    -blue smoke as engine is consuming engine oil
    -lots of sludge built up in engine
    -it do not crank in the morning
    and lots of other very little problems. please sa advise rala raka
    HONDA+NISSAN=POWER MEETS STYLE

  16. #955
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typeN View Post
    aoa to all. @ekdrifter story of my mehran is very big but in short what choices we have to swap the engine and what will be the cost or on the other hand over hauling will be more feasible ? reported problem are
    -blue smoke as engine is consuming engine oil
    -lots of sludge built up in engine
    -it do not crank in the morning
    and lots of other very little problems. please sa advise rala raka
    WAS bro for swap u got limited choices 660cc 12 valve is bolt on fit and with some alteration k6a
    but best is to re do the engine
    for swap costs are little on high side and u also will need to do EFI conversion for k6a but for 12 valve one its carby in old taxis
    and costs will be like 50k
    and overhauling will cost less then this but less hassle
    and u can buy new head new pistons assembly literary whole engine can be brand new in under 50k that will best quality parts
    and normal overhaul will cost ya under 30k with good quality parts
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  17. #956
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    typeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    WAS bro for swap u got limited choices 660cc 12 valve is bolt on fit and with some alteration k6a
    but best is to re do the engine
    for swap costs are little on high side and u also will need to do EFI conversion for k6a but for 12 valve one its carby in old taxis
    and costs will be like 50k
    and overhauling will cost less then this but less hassle
    and u can buy new head new pistons assembly literary whole engine can be brand new in under 50k that will best quality parts
    and normal overhaul will cost ya under 30k with good quality parts
    yes i was also thinking about this... all i want is a perfect engine so that it do not disappoint me in trouble. and what is the rough idea of complete suspension redo?
    HONDA+NISSAN=POWER MEETS STYLE

  18. #957
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typeN View Post
    yes i was also thinking about this... all i want is a perfect engine so that it do not disappoint me in trouble. and what is the rough idea of complete suspension redo?
    suspension on kharadiya steering box will cost u 600 for repair and 100 for chimtay press but they will work for small time then shocks are filled by kharad guys and made hard cost around 500 to 600
    and if u want to replace all stuff then 1800 for steering box and 800 for chimtay and shocks bottles only as springs will be ur own will cost around 1200 to 1500 a pair for front and get some nice soft shocks for a softer ride
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  19. #958
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    typeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    suspension on kharadiya steering box will cost u 600 for repair and 100 for chimtay press but they will work for small time then shocks are filled by kharad guys and made hard cost around 500 to 600
    and if u want to replace all stuff then 1800 for steering box and 800 for chimtay and shocks bottles only as springs will be ur own will cost around 1200 to 1500 a pair for front and get some nice soft shocks for a softer ride
    hmm thank u for the info very appreciated i will soon get some time free and do it then i will contact again
    HONDA+NISSAN=POWER MEETS STYLE

  20. #959
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typeN View Post
    hmm thank u for the info very appreciated i will soon get some time free and do it then i will contact again
    no problem any time man
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  21. #960
    PakWheeler Follow
    burnoutrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Car is making screeching sound when brakes are applied while turning. And in sharp turns, there is always a screeching noise as well as gadhak gadhak sound. The mech told me axel needs to be replaced... should I change it?

    Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •