Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions

AOA
    i have owned mehran for 7 years almost and most of the stuff has gone wrong so if some one has an issue with mehran he can ask me here i will be glad to help a mehran brother to put him out of this misery as mehran is a car that can make u go mad and pull ur hair a part KIDDING
    so some one has problem post it here i will do my best to come up with a solution
    Problem no 1: Starting in winters is a hell if ur getting late dhicka will do the trick but u need to check few things Park the car in night on petrol,Open the Self as mechs call it SULF and check barrings in it they are copper barrings and if needed so replace them else ask the electrification to clean the self,and reinstall it
    then check the battery DON'T add water over the High level mark as in winters problems is that Engine OIl freezes or gets thick and it needs extra kick from the battery
    other things related are clean the plugs and change the plug wires possible to 8mm ones and clean or replace the Point which comes in Distributor
    also check the
    +ve wire of the self is Tight to battery as most of the time its a small thing which makes u go mad

PRoblem no 2
    :
    Axel and CV joints so CV joints are too weak in mehran and 3 years of rough driving can kill them and when replacing CV joints never go for a kabuli AXEL as they tend to be repaired most of them use Chinese ones they work good and tell the Kharaiya to never temper with the length of the Axel in fitting of the Cv joints the length should be as OEM specs
    and if the Straight joint is worn out replace it with Cross and the Cross kupa but be careful for length and the kuppa pick the kuppa which has the smoothest end which goes in to the Gearbox as it can damage Axel seals in gear box
    always use the Original Rod of ur car as its build for ur car a mechanic will suggest u to replace whole AXEL with Kabuli but its from an older model besides most of them are repaired
    Issue in top speed and pick
    when i first got the chance to Floor mehran on M1 with iridium plugs and 8mm wires bought from Shoba i was really Disappointed with results car was hitting 110km/h MAX on petrol i was so mad but in this i noticed a few things which were wrong in my car
    1 Cv joint of right axel
    2 Cylinder Packing it made dar dar sound like old taxies after 80Km/h mark
    3 and wires from shoba had no life in them they were used and abuses
    so excpet for CV joint i changed wires to new 8mm which are cheaper then shoba wali Kabuli wires and Cylinder Packing plus whole exhaust had wholes so repaired it all got her tuned from ENERCON center and after a few days i hit the M1 again plus similar iridiums were in it and this time results were amazing mehran ha 165/70/12 tires and speedo was showing 130 so u can guess what it was in real speed as big tires cause speedo to give an error 100 in speedo = 112.2 Km/h in real

Ignition Coil replacement

as most of mehrans have OIL ignition coil which Comes FF and it sucks it has a limited life and mechs do make a mistake when coil dies they assume that head gasket is gone and which leads to other problems.replace coil with magnetic coil which Alto and Cultus use its way better and gives an edge in starting costs were low when i did this 600 for the coil brand new but now i herd its for 1500 or something comes in a triangle box.

Front Guarder o
    r GADRI

as time passes Front Guarder or GADRI become rusted and weak which causes problems for mountings of the front jumping rod a new Front Guarder or GADRI is about 1000 and 4 bolts hold it in place on a non accidented car its not a big job Front bumper needs to be opened and jumping rod and 4 bolts and its the reverse process while fitting but a car which had some accident then its a job in which a denter makes some $$$$ but there is always a way around intall gaudri and all stuff and see if there is some difference on alingment of bolts of front engine mounts cut a whole with welding torch in the engine mounting plate and its easy and also make adjustments to the jumping rod u can make tires placement in the wheels where they will fit but go for some good dentor so frame can be pulled out will cost more but its the right way
    installation of Foam in Doors to reduce sounds
    its a simple task install some pieces of foam behind the lock wires and door handle wires inside the door
    open the inner door covers first take the hadle out its held with 2 screws then take the cover of handle out held with single screw then the window winder take it out but it requires a trick rool it to a point u can see the joint end of the pit take it out with a screw driver and window winder will be free
    then take the cover our its held with clips but don't put much pressure on them they can break after its out check all bolts and screws inside the doors if they are loose tight them and hit the door with ur fist so u can hear sounds now with other hand start detecting what wire is loose cut some foam and put it between the door and line
    by this u can reduce 90% of sounds in mehran
    Tire and rim size
    now we see many Kewl boys put 15s on a mehran but this little car never needs huge wheels
    best size for mehroo is 145/70/12 and 155/70/12 no other these two are best sizes

Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions -414980

Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa,

From last 3 days, I was on family trip through high way. First time my Mehran vx 2011 gone out of lahore.. I visited islamabad and then Ghazi, Tarbela Dam side on mehran. (4 Persons) My Mehran gave 19.33 KM avg on 80-90KM speed. Now my mehran is 14700km driven.. still like brand new inner and outer..

The most important thing I want to tell here.. SERVO BRAKES really helped on high way too for any emergency stop.

It was very good decision of mine to get SERVO installed on my mehran

Regards
    Asghar Ali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Friends i tell you few tricks to improve your carby mehran mileage more then 20km per liter.
    1st of all try to drive your car on low rpm n speed, it dose not mean you drive 30-35 kmph, i mean if on highway if you drive 75kmph then drive it on 65kmph, when you start n run your car try to accelerate your car slowly but dont crawl, this why you get 2-3 km more avg per km,
    2ndly get get your car properly tune up, like typerd setting, carburater cleaning, plugs changing or cleaning, use CDI n remove point system, change air filter some ppl say check if air filter is clean from inside then dont change but its wrong method rise air filter in between sun n your eye if you see lite crossing the filter is good it not then put new air filter doing this you can get upto 20% more mileage
    3rd put your car fan on automatic, no meter its winter or summer, if your car have heat-up problem then if gasket problem change gasket or if radiator problem then change radiator, n never use direct or all time on fan, in morning start car n leave it for one mint then drive.
    4. use stock tire size 145/70/12 or 155/70/12 but dont go more then 155/70/12, properly check your cars tire presser n check it when tyres are in cold if using 155 then tyre presser is 35 if 145 then 30. must check tyre presser once in month.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    sir jee best is to take it to an auto electrification
    Lo gi gal e muk gai .... bhai I can take it to electrician but want to learn something and these mech ppl don't bother telling their so called secrets. During carb tuning I asked the mech about second butterfly and he told it is opened when car is in high speed... I doubt second butterfly was for choke and not for the crap he told ...........

So moral of story..... want to know about its working..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the latest pics of my Mehran VX-2011. These pictures taken 2 days before on a Qyam-o-Tawam during my travel to Islamabad and Tarbela Side from Lahore.
    Its having no CNG and giving me very good millage on petrol. even its having 165-70-12 Dunlop Eco Diggi Tyre. I got 19.33 KM per LTR Avg with speed of 80-95 KMH.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

should i get carb cleaned my car is 40k driven and i think mounts are weak as well will get them replaced as well

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ekdrifter i changed my car's brake pads and brake leathers got original MK. But the brake pedal feels quite hard then before mechanic said ke yeh 500-600km ke bad khud set ho jayi gi? And after my car has clocked 60k kms i changed the gear oil to ZIC FF. For how much can i get clutch and pressure plate replaced? Which is the best clutch? My car has done 61K kms and mechanic says ke clutch kamzor hai gari ki pick beth gye hai coz car was fully tuned one week back but i didnt feel improvement in acceleration and spark plug wires are orange colour turpart written on them and mechanic says ke Kabli japani taar laga lein wo zaida behtar hai.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ekdrifter

suggest me gear oil for mehran vxr 2009

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    Lo gi gal e muk gai .... bhai I can take it to electrician but want to learn something and these mech ppl don't bother telling their so called secrets. During carb tuning I asked the mech about second butterfly and he told it is opened when car is in high speed... I doubt second butterfly was for choke and not for the crap he told ...........

So moral of story..... want to know about its working..
    these ppl u gota learn for ur self just take it to him and see whats he is doing simple
    and about 2nd butterfly even 3s tells the same story

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    Here are the latest pics of my Mehran VX-2011. These pictures taken 2 days before on a Qyam-o-Tawam during my travel to Islamabad and Tarbela Side from Lahore.
    Its having no CNG and giving me very good millage on petrol. even its having 165-70-12 Dunlop Eco Diggi Tyre. I got 19.33 KM per LTR Avg with speed of 80-95 KMH.
    well i used same tired on mehran and these have worst grip in rain i know that and 165 is high end u will face some front suspension issues because of this size

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by epigenius View Post
    should i get carb cleaned my car is 40k driven and i think mounts are weak as well will get them replaced as well
    go for genuine mounts and use carb cleaner u can buy it from good car accessory shops no need to open carb

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shah96 View Post
    @ekdrifter i changed my car's brake pads and brake leathers got original MK. But the brake pedal feels quite hard then before mechanic said ke yeh 500-600km ke bad khud set ho jayi gi? And after my car has clocked 60k kms i changed the gear oil to ZIC FF. For how much can i get clutch and pressure plate replaced? Which is the best clutch? My car has done 61K kms and mechanic says ke clutch kamzor hai gari ki pick beth gye hai coz car was fully tuned one week back but i didnt feel improvement in acceleration and spark plug wires are orange colour turpart written on them and mechanic says ke Kabli japani taar laga lein wo zaida behtar hai.
    1 brake pads go for ASUKI
    2 Clutch Excedy clutch and repair pressure plate its easy
    3 don't go for japani wires those orange ones are better

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by himmi_Pak View Post
    @ekdrifter

suggest me gear oil for mehran vxr 2009
    zic FF 2.5 liters

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks bro

expected price???

uptill how many km to use?

zic FF 2.5 liters

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by himmi_Pak View Post
    thanks bro

expected price???

uptill how many km to use?
    40k use and
    price around 300 to 400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for genuine mounts and use carb cleaner u can buy it from good car accessory shops no need to open carb
    how i am gonna clean it if it dont open it.........and in the main post what do you mean by gadri is this another name for mount?......also how much coolant does mehran need it total if i buy the premixed one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how do you take 'zipix' oil... changed it thrice a year in meh,99 after an avg of 3000 km...no change in its level been noticed at all

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these ppl u gota learn for ur self just take it to him and see whats he is doing simple
    and about 2nd butterfly even 3s tells the same story
    You are right bro, learned alot when got my carb cleaned. Will definitely check what the electrician does when get it changed to auto..

So what is the real story of second butterfly.....mine or the mech's ??
    Also I got changed my temp sending unit, which worked for a week and now again the temp needle is lying at C and never rise up...... what sending unit is good?

Stay blessed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by epigenius View Post
    how i am gonna clean it if it dont open it.........and in the main post what do you mean by gadri is this another name for mount?......also how much coolant does mehran need it total if i buy the premixed one
    gadri is front black pillar thingy which runs across the mehran horizontaly its where juimping rod is mounted its not a mount but engine foundation is mounted to gadri
    open air filter thing
    turn ur car on petrol
    spray it in carb and give car some race when you spray it in carb

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by owaisamc View Post
    how do you take 'zipix' oil... changed it thrice a year in meh,99 after an avg of 3000 km...no change in its level been noticed at all
    i used it but in summer it used to over heat the car
    zipix aint hat good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    You are right bro, learned alot when got my carb cleaned. Will definitely check what the electrician does when get it changed to auto..

So what is the real story of second butterfly.....mine or the mech's ??
    Also I got changed my temp sending unit, which worked for a week and now again the temp needle is lying at C and never rise up...... what sending unit is good?

Stay blessed!
    check inputs coming to speedo meter
    most of time it was rear grip fault
    check a kabuli unit
    as new ones are not that good

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List