Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 154
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    mkhabbab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption

    Hi all,

    I hope this is the correct section i have chosen for my post. I am buying a new Mahran (lease) and intend to convert it to CNG for saving money. Now there are many imported cars (Japanese) of 650CC or 700CC cars in lahore. They are mostly automatic and their price(used car) is almost the same as Mehran. Their fuel consumption i have been told is exceptional as good as 25Km per liter. One example is Nissan Otti.

    My office distance from home is 16km one way. Keeping in view the CNG price raise and 3 day non-availability, people are asking me not to buy Mehran and go for the above mentioned Japanese used refurbished cars. My preference is a car which do not take me to workshop for at least next few years. But only thing i am worried about is resale factor.

    What do you suggest?

    Regards,
    Muhammad Khabbab
    Lahore


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    slakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    Seems like u r also an unfortunate owner of mehran.I havnt posted any abusing word. If u r frustated with ur personal lyf, dont express it here. Its a open forum and everyone reads it. I posted the rite thing & any wise man would extract the conclusion of my words. Dont blame that everything here sucks. What sucks is the mentality of our people. No one is forcing u to buy a crap. But v people only think of resale, money is everything for us and our politicians.
    It seems my post has pinched you hard.Yes I am the unfortunate owner of mehran and I don't give a damn whether its a tin daba or not.Its serving me well.I kept everything in mind before buying it.The first thing which I kept was the resale value.I am not a son of a rich man who could afford 2.2 million corolla's and civic's.The one who can buy it don't give a damn about resale.The guy who started the thread knows whats good and whats bad for him.He knows that Japense car resale will be zero still he is asking this question.I only wrote that stop this BS in every thread regarding mehran ,everyone knows it sucks so do PAK suzuki and every other motor company working in Pakistan.Don't repeat this thing again and again.You didn't even let this thread...criticism everywhere..>.https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-petrol-2012-a
    Everyone knows chimp mucks are on controls and running this country.If you really want to do except posting negative comments regarding a company then do it in real.Sitting behind a PC doesn't make sense.

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    Dont u love ur family??
    Do u prefer to drive a dalda tin of 1980s??
    Mehran is a old model of 1980s which is still manufactured in our country.
    It has no safety n even dont have standard features..
    Go for a JDM car, u wont reget buying them..
    Haha well this comment is really harsh now. Do you know the current price of this dalda ka Daba" still many people buy it as first car with their own hard earned money and believe me the feel it so good since its their hard earned car. Now since you don't like the car so which JDM car have you bought with your own hard earned money?

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @poster: is it your first car?

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    khyber95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hari pur
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if this is ur first car. u must buy mehran. my opnion is to go for a used card in nice condition. it will save u a lot money and when u resale it , it wont give u loss. but on lease u will be in loss. mehran on lease may be 8-9 lac. and this is too much.
    ""."""

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    slakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekhanlala View Post
    Haha well this comment is really harsh now. Do you know the current price of this dalda ka Daba" still many people buy it as first car with their own hard earned money and believe me the feel it so good since its their hard earned car. Now since you don't like the car so which JDM car have you bought with your own hard earned money?
    And yeah we do love our families.Its not that we don't by driving mehran "mout to opar walay kay hath mei ha" if its in mehran or Ferrari.
    Khanlala am done with this topic and now I feel bad and started to hate this topic

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    And yeah we do love our families.Its not that we don't by driving mehran "mout to opar walay kay hath mei ha" if its in mehran or Ferrari.
    Khanlala am done with this topic and now I feel bad and started to hate this topic
    Don't be dishearten by any childish or immature comment. You know the easiest thing is to criticize others for no reason. Leave it, your time is not so cheap to keep doing replies to such comments. This thread is set by Poster you should give some valuable suggestion to poster so that he can make his decision.

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So Poster here is my review as per my best knowledge:-

    JDM 660cc Car:

    1. Better than Mehran in terms of performance.

    2. Not much compatible with CNG (It will give issues if you install CNG). It will remain costly than CNG even if it does 25km/liter (ideally)

    3. Availability of part may be hard, as you need to find in Junk Yard. So no new parts, you will find Kabuli/old parts from other accidented cars

    4. If your car model is rare or newer then it will be very difficult to find spare part and if by luck you find it then it will be highly costly.

    5. It is sophisticated car with Auto tranny, so not every mechanic would be able to handle it. You need to go to some good experienced mechanics which means heavy on pocket

    6. No dealership, means no guarantee If something goes wrong or if you get defected car then you won't be able to complain anyone


    Suzuki Mehran:

    1. Excellent car for traveling in city also if its your first ever car.

    2. Parts are very easily available and very very economical.

    3. Cheaper then 660cc because of CNG. (do the calculation of doing 100 kms on CNG and Petrol)

    4. New Mehran comes with Warranty of 2 years. So it means peace of mind, if anything goes wrong then you can easily claim its warranty and it will be replaced for FREE.

    5. Proper Dealership: If any tuning issue or minor CNG setting is needed then dealership will do it free in warranty period.

    6. Due to simpler engine, every mechanic can easily work over it and you will also understand then engine basics.

    7. Mehran is just like investment, it will never loss you (if maintained properly). Since you are looking for resale factor so you can't get any further butter option than Mehran. The cuore has been discontinued and Alto is soon going to discontinue. So you can think the resale factor of Mehran in near Future You would be able to resale is on your demand.


    Result:

    If its your first car so I would recommend Mehran, it will be in warranty and give you peace of mind. And once you get the know-how of car basics and maintenance then you can switch to some JDM (on your own risk )

    Hope I answer you question!

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqibasit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,178
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    It seems my post has pinched you hard.Yes I am the unfortunate owner of mehran and I don't give a damn whether its a tin daba or not.Its serving me well.I kept everything in mind before buying it.The first thing which I kept was the resale value.I am not a son of a rich man who could afford 2.2 million corolla's and civic's.The one who can buy it don't give a damn about resale.The guy who started the thread knows whats good and whats bad for him.He knows that Japense car resale will be zero still he is asking this question.I only wrote that stop this BS in every thread regarding mehran ,everyone knows it sucks so do PAK suzuki and every other motor company working in Pakistan.Don't repeat this thing again and again.You didn't even let this thread...criticism everywhere..>.https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-petrol-2012-a
    Everyone knows chimp mucks are on controls and running this country.If you really want to do except posting negative comments regarding a company then do it in real.Sitting behind a PC doesn't make sense.
    The fact will remain a fact if i repeat it or not. We shud suggest new buyers, not to buy mehran due to it crapiness. dats wat i was doing. I will do till the extent i can do. Atleast i can make the new buyers aware of mehran..Chk the link, chk the maufacturing date also.
    Suzuki Mehran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Who told u dat JDM cars dont have resale?? Check the prices first. I bought a JDM alto 2006 and now i have a really gud offer for it..
    NO offense for mehran owners. I m jst trying to discourage new buyers
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqibasit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,178
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekhanlala View Post
    Haha well this comment is really harsh now. Do you know the current price of this dalda ka Daba" still many people buy it as first car with their own hard earned money and believe me the feel it so good since its their hard earned car. Now since you don't like the car so which JDM car have you bought with your own hard earned money?
    Mehran VXR CNG is for 6,40,000 without registration..
    Dats a really big amount. I have bought a JDM suzuki alto 2006 with my own earned money. I can get a new mehran but I took a wise decision n got a JDM alto
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mehran Pros:
    Cheap spares,good resale, ease of spares in case of new 2 year warranty from dealership and when u sell it good resale good for learning to drive
    Cons: uncomfortable,a/c never works,cheap quality bag avg on petrol no safety feature
    JDM 660 pros :
    comfortable A/c works good pick and avg on petrol air bags abs breaks auto tranny
    cons:
    spares even u get jdm alto 660 u won't be able to find a wheel barring body parts is an issue resale well its 50/50 not much profit but won't drop its value
    If u want to go for jdm then box shape ALto is good its making its market now a days
    but on lease only local cars are given that's what i am told
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    slakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    The fact will remain a fact if i repeat it or not. We shud suggest new buyers, not to buy mehran due to it crapiness. dats wat i was doing. I will do till the extent i can do. Atleast i can make the new buyers aware of mehran..Chk the link, chk the maufacturing date also.
    Suzuki Mehran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Who told u dat JDM cars dont have resale?? Check the prices first. I bought a JDM alto 2006 and now i have a really gud offer for it..
    NO offense for mehran owners. I m jst trying to discourage new buyers
    Dude I bought Korean brand deep cycle battery and it lasted for 2 months only and its price was 25 k.Whom should I blame?I bought it from Pakistan.It was an American tank battery.Its now a piece of junk.By looking at it, it looks so beautiful.The thing was-- it was used ,I couldn't find nay dealership for it..in the end I lost my 25k and I was really pissed off.What will you do of this JDM alto car when you cannnot even find its bearing?You will search your dash out for it.Not everyone lives near shershah or any other place like it.Don't mind but the reality is whether mehran is junk or tin daba ,it serves you well.Atleast there is a warranty coupon with it.I know they should have changed its shape this and that but again ..the thing is we live in Pakistan where every department ,company,banks etc are there to rip you off.We can't blame only Suzuki for it.We can only hope that a decent leader comes and everything comes back to the track.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    874
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Dude, if you are leasing it, I assume that ur gonna keep the car for a longer term, lets say 5 years or min 3 years. Having said that you would ideally want to drive something thats fun, within your budget and not too hard on your pocket in terms of running and maintenance..

    BTW, the thing someone said about warranty, as per knowledge, if you install CNG in a FF petrol car, the warranty goes void.. (correct me if im wrong)

    Coming to the topic, yes Mehran is technically form the 80's and in this price range you can get a 660cc 2007 mira, which should be available for leasing..

    People who dont have much experience of JDM cars are gonna demotivate you to buy an import.. saying that mechanics dont understand such cars, it loses value... its all CRAP! Keeping in mind a price range, JDMs will always be more fun, reliable and comfortable... rest is your own decision.. if you've already decided on a Mehran, no one here would be able to convince you... if you've not, we are all giving you advice!

    Cheers

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    Dot3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Autoland
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    the only problem is that most mechanics can ruin ur jap car.. mehran is ideal for any roadside mechanic to handle
    sach karwa hota hay

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    Mehran VXR CNG is for 6,40,000 without registration..
    Dats a really big amount. I have bought a JDM suzuki alto 2006 with my own earned money. I can get a new mehran but I took a wise decision n got a JDM alto
    Ah wonderful, Good to know that you bought a JDM Alto with your OWN hard earned money in the age of JUST 22 haha... Most of your age fellows are studying in colleges or probably in universities . You must be extra ordinary chap

    Anyhow, well even though you got JDM with "your" own earned money but poster is more concern with "resale" factor of the car.

    Since such little JDM cars are not made for Paki roads, and due to little ignorance (in case of new driver or very first car owner) the car may cause tear and wear often. Since you have been driving the thing, so would you please help the poster with following possible issues, so that he can better make his decision:-

    1. If you want to upgrade your car later and you take your "JDM" Alto and Mehran then which car will sale like hot cake without giving any loss (probably giving benefit) ?

    2. Secondly do you have any dealership or Warranty of your car? Means if anything goes wrong then whom you would complain? Definitely if you are spending any big amount then you need some kind of assurance and peace of mind, am I correct???

    3. If you are going on long route and God Forbidden your car gets broke down in middle of road, then would you find mechanic "easily" who can understand and fix your "Auto Tranny", "JDM", "EFi" car? What if you need any spare part in middle of road? Also do you get "new" parts (with warranty) for you car or just go to Junk Yard to find old (used) parts without any warranty?

    4. Finally how's the CNG compatibility of JDM alto? "Theoretically" it may be giving 25km/liter but CNG still give more mileage then this in alot cheaper rates than Petrol.

    5. No doubt Mehran is very costly, but if you sale it later then it will give you ALL money back. So Mehran is just like Investment or consider your money bound.

    6. About security: As per you if you own a Mehran then you don't love your family, correct??? Then my friend what is the guarantee that a JDM with air bags will save anyone? Search around you will find many smashed JDM cars with all passengers dead.

    Finally, as a saying goes: "Its not the car, its the man behind the wheels". So if you know how to drive then you can drive ANY car without crying over it. If you don't know how to drive then you can even blowout any auto tranny engine while keeping it constantly in "L" mode on long routes

    My Point is that, Mehran is always good choice for a starter. Once he get used to car maintenance expenses and understand how to take care of car then he can easily switch to any other car.

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    IHateRollas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    deleted

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    IHateRollas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekhanlala View Post
    Ah wonderful, Good to know that you bought a JDM Alto with your OWN hard earned money in the age of JUST 22 haha... Most of your age fellows are studying in colleges or probably in universities . You must be extra ordinary chap

    Anyhow, well even though you got JDM with "your" own earned money but poster is more concern with "resale" factor of the car.

    Since such little JDM cars are not made for Paki roads, and due to little ignorance (in case of new driver or very first car owner) the car may cause tear and wear often. Since you have been driving the thing, so would you please help the poster with following possible issues, so that he can better make his decision:-



    1. If you want to upgrade your car later and you take your "JDM" Alto and Mehran then which car will sale like hot cake without giving any loss (probably giving benefit) ?

    2. Secondly do you have any dealership or Warranty of your car? Means if anything goes wrong then whom you would complain? Definitely if you are spending any big amount then you need some kind of assurance and peace of mind, am I correct???

    3. If you are going on long route and God Forbidden your car gets broke down in middle of road, then would you find mechanic "easily" who can understand and fix your "Auto Tranny", "JDM", "EFi" car? What if you need any spare part in middle of road? Also do you get "new" parts (with warranty) for you car or just go to Junk Yard to find old (used) parts without any warranty?

    4. Finally how's the CNG compatibility of JDM alto? "Theoretically" it may be giving 25km/liter but CNG still give more mileage then this in alot cheaper rates than Petrol.

    5. No doubt Mehran is very costly, but if you sale it later then it will give you ALL money back. So Mehran is just like Investment or consider your money bound.

    6. About security: As per you if you own a Mehran then you don't love your family, correct??? Then my friend what is the guarantee that a JDM with air bags will save anyone? Search around you will find many smashed JDM cars with all passengers dead.

    Finally, as a saying goes: "Its not the car, its the man behind the wheels". So if you know how to drive then you can drive ANY car without crying over it. If you don't know how to drive then you can even blowout any auto tranny engine while keeping it constantly in "L" mode on long routes

    My Point is that, Mehran is always good choice for a starter. Once he get used to car maintenance expenses and understand how to take care of car then he can easily switch to any other car.
    Dont post such kind of comments on anyone u dont know

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqibasit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,178
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekhanlala View Post
    Ah wonderful, Good to know that you bought a JDM Alto with your OWN hard earned money in the age of JUST 22 haha... Most of your age fellows are studying in colleges or probably in universities . You must be extra ordinary chap
    I started my career after my intermediate & hav done my masters..
    Nuthng to laugh on this.
    Many many thanks to Allah that he has provided me with everything..
    I dnt knw ur age but after reading ur post one can sure get an idea..
    Useless critism is habit of paki people..
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqibasit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,178
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateRollas View Post
    Dont post such kind of comments on anyone u dont know
    thnx for ur support bro
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateRollas View Post
    Dont post such kind of comments on anyone u dont know
    I'm sorry I didn't meant to hurt anyone. But it was just reply to harsh comment made earlier.

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    I started my career after my intermediate & hav done my masters..
    Nuthng to laugh on this.
    Many many thanks to Allah that he has provided me with everything..
    I dnt knw ur age but after reading ur post one can sure get an idea..
    Useless critism is habit of paki people..
    haha no offense bro okay enjoy your car. But I'm proud to be Paki and if you think Pakis make useless criticism, then would you mind to answer the questions I asked and prove those were useless??? I guess a comment cannot be more useless rather then calling someone's ride a "dalda ka daba"

    You replied to few parts of my comments but not whole.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •