Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct section i have chosen for my post. I am buying a new Mahran (lease) and intend to convert it to CNG for saving money. Now there are many imported cars (Japanese) of 650CC or 700CC cars in lahore. They are mostly automatic and their price(used car) is almost the same as Mehran. Their fuel consumption i have been told is exceptional as good as 25Km per liter. One example is Nissan Otti.

My office distance from home is 16km one way. Keeping in view the CNG price raise and 3 day non-availability, people are asking me not to buy Mehran and go for the above mentioned Japanese used refurbished cars. My preference is a car which do not take me to workshop for at least next few years. But only thing i am worried about is resale factor.

What do you suggest?

Regards,
    Muhammad Khabbab
    Lahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. If you want to upgrade your car later and you take your "JDM" Alto and Mehran then which car will sale like hot cake without giving any loss (probably giving benefit) ?
    Mehran. But resale is all that matters to everyone? not everyone think about selling their cars before actually buying one. not everyone is that kanjoos. some people like their cars to be comfortable and dependable

2. Secondly do you have any dealership or Warranty of your car? Means if anything goes wrong then whom you would complain? Definitely if you are spending any big amount then you need some kind of assurance and peace of mind, am I correct???
    these cars are better manufactured. no or less complaints if properly maintained. those who never owned JDM cars cannot understand how reliable these cars are. if you want better service u can avail after sales services of the sister companies of their manufacturers.

3. If you are going on long route and God Forbidden your car gets broke down in middle of road, then would you find mechanic "easily" who can understand and fix your "Auto Tranny", "JDM", "EFi" car? What if you need any spare part in middle of road? Also do you get "new" parts (with warranty) for you car or just go to Junk Yard to find old (used) parts without any warranty?
    these cars are reliable. they are way reliable then average suzuki owner would think. new parts are available for vitz and other cars and soon will be available for these cars. trends are changing.

4. Finally how's the CNG compatibility of JDM alto? "Theoretically" it may be giving 25km/liter but CNG still give more mileage then this in alot cheaper rates than Petrol.
    install the CNG properly and you ll get better mileage as well as performance with no tuneups.

5. No doubt Mehran is very costly, but if you sale it later then it will give you ALL money back. So Mehran is just like Investment or consider your money bound.
    all that money that you get back is u earn by bearing all the inconveniences and taking the car to the mechanic again and again.

6. About security: As per you if you own a Mehran then you don't love your family, correct??? Then my friend what is the guarantee that a JDM with air bags will save anyone? Search around you will find many smashed JDM cars with all passengers dead.
    Mehran's brakes are so fu*king dangerous. believe me and the owners who havent driven another car other than a suzuki can never understand in which kind of dander they are. The poor braking of mehran has the following two effects:
    1. it induces "Badtamizi" into the drivers. Braking is such a bad experience for the drivers of the mehrans that they try their level best not to apply them. as a result of this these drivers unknowingly do not give the way to other cars on the road. whether someone is changing lane, trying to pass through a barrier (even if the other car is ahead of them) or trying to take a turn when these even these *good_ppl are far away from them. They would speed up their vehicles, keep no braking distance in slow traffic and never let anyone change their lane even when the other car is having the right to change their lane.
    secondly as most of these poor drivers have not driven any other vehicle they expect that all the cars on the road are like the one they are driving. The would generally go slow in traffic as they are unable to use the brake effectively at speeds exceeding 50 kmph. they move in the fast lanes thinking that they are beating F-16s with their speed.

Thirdly they would form maximum no. of lanes at a crossing when they stop at a signal. they would stop at the extreme ends of the lanes reserving space for their brothers to fill in and move in through narrow gaps within the lanes as they cannot tolerate stopping just a few meters away from their destination as compared to the other cars.

2. the brakes of these cars are totally useless after 60 kmph and even below 60 kmph these cars require a long distance to come to a complete halt. as a result mehrans meet with terrible accidents that could have been avoided otherwise.

Finally, as a saying goes: "Its not the car, its the man behind the wheels". So if you know how to drive then you can drive ANY car without crying over it. If you don't know how to drive then you can even blowout any auto tranny engine while keeping it constantly in "L" mode on long routes

common nobody is that much stupid

My Point is that, Mehran is always good choice for a starter. Once he get used to car maintenance expenses and understand how to take care of car then he can easily switch to any other car.
    disagree. auto tranny cars are better for learning. trust me. it teaches the student .the dynamics: how to better maneuver the vehicle - a thing that most of the drivers on the road do not know. e.g. turning to a road on the right: ppl leave their lane while turning and drive onto the path of traffic coming from the opposite direction. all because they are busy making efforts to brake the car, pressing clutch and turning the steering all at the same time. I am sure you have never ever thought about this reason as to why traffic is disciplined in other countries - they dont have shitty cars on the road.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ Are you aqibasit? I do have JDM Corolla and Mehran both, so I know what JDM car is.

So you are saying that JDM cars are immortal, don't brake-up, no maintained ??? Ah give me a break dude, get on practical grounds. Not to mentioned that most your replies are exaggerated toooo much trying to represent JDM cars as "Super" car. Indeed I do disagree with almost 90% of your comments.

You need driving skills to drive a car, any kid can run auto tranny. I would welcome you to visit me some time I'll demonstrate you how to stop MEHRAN at the speed of 100 with least distanced covered. I don't know how a person call him a driver unless he can't handle the Clutch, Brake, Steering and Manual Gear Shift.

Lolz.. I was already fedup of arguing with aqibasit and now Retaliator as well, haha dudes I have many other important things to do. People biased with JDM cars or having "complex" of JDM cars will never understand and see the underlying practical realities. Keep chanting for JDM... Adios!

@Poster: Brother all options are available for you, take a quick survey of Market in terms of maintenance etc and make the wise decision. It will be new car so you are no expected to have issue till than couple of years. Also if possible then avoid car on Leasing as it will cost you much higher in terms of "interest" (sood) and secondly "sood" is haram. So try your level best to avoid Leasing with Bank.

Rest if your choice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    And yeah we do love our families.Its not that we don't by driving mehran "mout to opar walay kay hath mei ha" if its in mehran or Ferrari.
    Khanlala am done with this topic and now I feel bad and started to hate this topic
    haha bro you were intelligent enough and left this topic earlier and not wasted any further time with such peoples. Damn!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thekhanlala View Post
    haha no offense bro okay enjoy your car. But I'm proud to be Paki and if you think Pakis make useless criticism, then would you mind to answer the questions I asked and prove those were useless??? I guess a comment cannot be more useless rather then calling someone's ride a "dalda ka daba"

You replied to few parts of my comments but not whole.
    I didnt said it to any owner directly. I jst said the fact about mehran. N i didnt call sum1s ride DALDA KA DABBA. I jst pass my comment for new mehran.. Dats my opinion n u cannot change it. it will remain a teen dabba
    Well i dnt wanna waste my energy any more
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kaunsi wheel bearing nahi mil rahi? tell me the bearing number
    the problem is not our govt... its the people..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ Are you aqibasit? I do have JDM Corolla and Mehran both, so I know what JDM car is.

So you are saying that JDM cars are immortal, don't brake-up, no maintained ??? Ah give me a break dude, get on practical grounds. Not to mentioned that most your replies are exaggerated toooo much trying to represent JDM cars as "Super" car. Indeed I do disagree with almost 90% of your comments.

Lolz.. I was already fedup of arguing with aqibasit and now Retaliator as well, haha dudes I have many other important things to do. People biased with JDM cars or having "complex" of JDM cars will never understand and see the underlying practical realities. Keep chanting for JDM... Adios!

@Poster: Brother all options are available for you, take a quick survey of Market in terms of maintenance etc and make the wise decision. It will be new car so you are no expected to have issue till than couple of years. Also if possible then avoid car on Leasing as it will cost you much higher in terms of "interest" (sood) and secondly "sood" is haram. So try your level best to avoid Leasing with Bank.

Rest if your choice.
    yaar jalal khanam learn to take criticism and respect opinion of others without telling them what u think they are. if anyone is saying its a tin daba then its his opinion. in return u can say that u disagree and give ur justification. my post was in response to those avg ppl who do not own a JDM and sing the songs of glory of mehran. i think the average person out there is having a limited vision regarding roads and road sense and car and their feature.

regarding your point
    You need driving skills to drive a car, any kid can run auto tranny. I don't know how a person call him a driver unless he can't handle the Clutch, Brake, Steering and Manual Gear Shift.
    yes the people who cannot handle clutch and manual gear are called drivers. and you know what? in UAE and most of the sensible nations there is a separate driving license and test for cars with auto and with manual transmission. the ones that cannot handle the clutch and the ones who can are not superior to one another in any way. i am not 100 percent sure about the following info that: in japan manual gear cars are costlier than auto tranny cars and japnese ministry for transportation actually supported cars with auto tranny.

I would welcome you to visit me some time I'll demonstrate you how to stop MEHRAN at the speed of 100 with least distanced covered.
    i believe you. but it doesnt change the fact that it brakes are so bad. i ve driven a lot of cars. and have found the Mehran's and the older cultuses brakes to be the worse. i am sure if you stop a similar sized car other than mehran it ll brake in a much shorter distance.

Also if possible then avoid car on Leasing as it will cost you much higher in terms of "interest" (sood) and secondly "sood" is haram. So try your level best to avoid Leasing with Bank.
    you want banks to give everyone a car as if they are chacha taya mama to anyone? is it possible? it can only be done if they charge you some money to give you a car before you can gather enuf money and take advantage of the luxury (and go on driving on the road like nuts). if that extra sum of money is plainly termed as interest by a nonIslamic bank and some fancy islamic term is given to it by an islamic bank then does it make it haram? understand why taking sood is prohibited in islam and then talk about what is halal and what is haram. by getting a car on loan you are actually availing a service from the bank. you are not paying that kind of "sood" on taking a loan to meet any life saving urgency while u r living in wretched conditions and are not capable of paying back the loan. the bank will not issue u the car in the first if they they find out u cannot pay them back. so nothing haram in here as per my understanding (unless there is compound interest in the terms). again very limited vision of the people in this case. but this is my opinion.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    kaunsi wheel bearing nahi mil rahi? tell me the bearing number
    yes all kinds of bearings are available in PK. ***, SKF NTN and others. there are all kinds of bearings in machinery used in industry and bearings are widely available for them. maybe the one u are looking for isnt available at an autoshop near u.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^i was talking bout F.A.G. the bearing manufacturer and not..... :s
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pheww man so many supporters for foreign manufacturer's.What can we expect from our leadership then.Everyone knows whats right for them and whats wrong..its your money,do whatever you want to do.JDM corolla's aren't bad ither,why do people over here buy crappy Pakistani corolla's which don't even have a freaking ECU

Retaliator :- To be honest from you comments I presume that you have driven a local yellow taxi in Pindi.
    The facts are already laid down by khanlala so read it properly before jumping to the conclusion..still mehran is alot better than JDM alto IN RESALE,PARTS etc.

The term "dalda ka daba" ,every product quality in this country is way to crappy.I repeat lets don't blame a single company.Lets blame everyone over here and make everything perfect.We won't be importing JDM's again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about comfort? security? safety? reliability?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

about what i ve said earlier regarding the traffic and these cars this is what i ve observed and experience after driving a mehruu. people have a dont care attitude towards every thing in Pakistan and have become insensitive to the faults in the society and everything. Mehran is a great car just like our constitution is. just like our judiciary is. just like the policies are. police. water. energy and everything is. if someone is happy with mehru i cannot change that. i ve just given my two cents about what i think of it. no imposing anything here. i find the quality no just unsatisfactory but insane. a car u buy for 6.5 lakhs and its AC and brakes wudnt work (atleast for me upto my level of expectations). I dont fall anywhere under the bell curve that is for the people that are satisfied with mehran. in our family we ve never been able to aford any zero meter car and just have had kept just two local manufactured cars till now. one is civic 02 pros (bot for 7 lakhs 2nd hand) and one mehran back in 1995 on petrol which we kept for 2 years. other cars we had were sunny 83, mazda from 70s, platz, 2 * beetles, Mitsubishi EK, platz, suzuki FX. have used CJ7, lots of land cruisers from late 80s and early 90s, potohar and pajero 93. Owning a mehran was the worst experience that we had as compared to the 20 yr old sunny, 10+ year old suzuki FX, 660 cc mitsubishi EK.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    what about comfort? security? safety? reliability?
    Comfort : I have driven the both ,both feels the same,its the inner guilt in human's,specially here-- that we always praise imported stuff.

Safety: Now whats safer in it?Air bags? Except air bags the body quality is same as Mehru.

Reliability: Mehran is more reliable in Pakistan than alto(jdm) every noora gama mechanic knows about it.What if your imported car breaks down near Tahkot(its near Swat) you won't find any imported mechanic.Believe me you will literally start crying.
    Keep everything in your brain while buying anything in our beloved Pakistan.Everything counts here buddy.
    I am not against anything..Just face the reality.Don't try to hide.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

haha bro you were intelligent enough and left this topic earlier and not wasted any further time with such peoples. Damn!

lol -- One of my friend bought a Japanese corolla,he wanted to install cng in it,someone stopped him that don't ,it has cvt system,your car gear box will jacked up in 60-70 k..he is driving it on petrol(105Rs) ehh.I told him these car aren't meant for Pakistan where there is no law regarding increase of prices of POL.Now GOV. will be adjusting it on every 15th day.My advice to him was to buy a diesel car at-least it will give him a better mileage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Comfort : I have driven the both ,both feels the same,its the inner guilt in human's,specially here-- that we always praise imported stuff.

Safety: Now whats safer in it?Air bags? Except air bags the body quality is same as Mehru.

Reliability: Mehran is more reliable in Pakistan than alto(jdm) every noora gama mechanic knows about it.What if your imported car breaks down near Tahkot(its near Swat) you won't find any imported mechanic.Believe me you will literally start crying.
    Keep everything in your brain while buying anything in our beloved Pakistan.Everything counts here buddy.
    I am not against anything..Just face the reality.Don't try to hide.
    yaar go and learn the definition of safety and reliability first. theres more to airbags for reliability and jahil road side mechanics for reliability.
    -

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    Look at the comment..do you prefer to drive dalda tin-- come on grow up and post some useful things.You can add something useful instead of saying dalda tin this and that.You're living down in Pakistan where everything sucks big time because of corruption.If you want to blame ,blame everything over here.But don't start this BS in every thread.Try to keep some threads clean.
    He's right.Dalda tin dibbey ko Dalda tin dabba na kahey tou kia soya supreme kahe.It's because of people like you junk like Mehran is still being manufactured.It's a open forum he shared what he thought and he gave a very wise advice.You should have replied what you did.Because of your reply things are now getting messy.I can see why you got so pissed off.Because you own one.

:p

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...-making-me-mad

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    like i suggest everyone
    brand new mehran is the best car for beginners , specially those who dont know much about cars. a new car should not take u to workshops for 3 years atleast.
    cheap parts/maintenance/low running cost

660cc cars consumption and parts are very controversial for now
    Regarding maintenance.Sasta lou bar bar mehnga lou ik baar.Ever wondered why used JDM car parts are more expensive then new spare parts of a Mehran?It's because quality difference zameen aur asmaan ka hai.Balke i would say zameen aur space ka.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    Seems like u r also an unfortunate owner of mehran.I havnt posted any abusing word. If u r frustated with ur personal lyf, dont express it here. Its a open forum and everyone reads it. I posted the rite thing & any wise man would extract the conclusion of my words. Dont blame that everything here sucks. What sucks is the mentality of our people. No one is forcing u to buy a crap. But v people only think of resale, money is everything for us and our politicians.
    Mehran made him got nuts.Still i am amazed he's defending it.Got to say this guy is tough.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...-making-me-mad

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

See people.I currently drive Civic Vti Oriel 00 A/T.I am pretty much satisfied.It's a 12 year old car and still feels new.Comfortable and best of all reliable.It's totally petrol driven.Looking at current CNG situations and prices a big NO!I don't care what anyone says.These cars were meant to run on petrol so feeding it CNG is not at all suitable.Secondly what i have seen is.Mostly youngsters who have their cars on CNG roam a lot here and there just because it's giving good mileage.The the biggest drawback of CNG cars is safety.No doubt death can come in any shape.But installing CNG in a car which is manufactured to be driven on petrol is a suicide.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CNG is just an alternative fuel that can be used where ever it can be. and almost all of the petrol engined cars can take advantage of this fuel irrespective of their make and size. it its installation is done properly it ll give you good performance. it may degrade the performance of the engine with time but that performance degrade is justified with the saving it gives. you can chew your toffee instantly after putting in your mouth or you can enjoy it for more time. you can also take it it out and let flies sit on it and then put it back in your mouth. the choice is urs
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well well well this is getting totally off side... let me reply to everyone 1 by 1. Check next page dudes...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List