Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct section i have chosen for my post. I am buying a new Mahran (lease) and intend to convert it to CNG for saving money. Now there are many imported cars (Japanese) of 650CC or 700CC cars in lahore. They are mostly automatic and their price(used car) is almost the same as Mehran. Their fuel consumption i have been told is exceptional as good as 25Km per liter. One example is Nissan Otti.

My office distance from home is 16km one way. Keeping in view the CNG price raise and 3 day non-availability, people are asking me not to buy Mehran and go for the above mentioned Japanese used refurbished cars. My preference is a car which do not take me to workshop for at least next few years. But only thing i am worried about is resale factor.

What do you suggest?

Regards,
    Muhammad Khabbab
    Lahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    @slakr
    lol @ hard egg comment.

i hate both toyota indus and suzuki. but suzuki is more evil of the two. cuz
    mehran is 20 plus year old design.

and there is one thing bout corolla that i can never deny
    it is durable as hell.
    i ve taken rides in corolla in far flung areas where my company was working and the drivers were driving it like hell. and each time i ve taken i ride on one of those cars i used to think that that particular car would not be like that again next time i ll ride it. but this wasnt the case.

mehran is quite durable but it becomes squeaky when driven in tough conditions. (see here i am praising it a little) and its CV joints (godas) need reparing.
    yea rolla is one dheet car,but hot cake for theives with many missing features,esp the old shape rolla had very poor brakes

n yea mehran sure starts giving noises after some time,experienced...had to get its lots of under car stuff,that is its floor work,kamani work n what not

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup the prices have increased insanely ,that's what most of us hate a mehran,but on the other aspect every thing in country have kissed the blue sky.I have told you guys earlier its the fault of administration ,they are chipmunks,Godzilla's ,they are on the control's ,they have no idea where are they heading.They are completely unaware.If they put a full stop on these local companies,indus rola and suzuki mehrban,by God they won't dare to increase a single penny.But the senior paji zoordari is busy in sucking the blood from poor people.These bunch of chimpanzees have assassinated poor people like me ,still sucking and will suck --till they suck the last drop from our flesh.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@^
    yea thats why he is saying stop buying mehran n instead buy used JDM,stop supporting suzuki

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    @^
    yea thats why he is saying stop buying mehran n instead buy used JDM,stop supporting suzuki
    Why? you should promote your country goods instead of buying jdm's.I am against it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    lol
    i hate it since it got stolen
    that was the only car we had.
    n thats when me n dad also decided never to get a mehran/rolla again something that gets stolen mostly,who likes to see their hard earned money gone that way

yea new car is new

maybe he keeps saying bad things about mehran cox in all these years there have been no change,no extra feature but only the price increase

i bought a 2004 model civic,had to visit workshop for some adjustments,thats when i thought a new car is new n old is old but still 2-3 days of workshop to get some stuff done n its perfect

so i guess you can agree to him that you should buy something with extra features instead of paying the same money n get nothing for it except a new car,ofcourse it will b new but no power steering no power windows,no comfort,no power brakes,not that good pick
    atleast i used to miss power brake(hydraulic),power windows,power steering
    hahaha so you start hating it after it got stolen... in any case its so sad yaar after-all its your hard earned car... these bloody thieves

older cars always takes you to mechanic and if person is new or doesn't know much about car maintenance then "mechanics ki toh eid ho gayee" they fix one issue after sometime other issue will rise-up, so that's why for complicated (EFi, Auto tranny etc... )cars a person should know atleast some basics. A new person who never owned a car before shouldn't go for complex cars in first place. Mechanics will rip him off for his "innocence"

Yeah you are right Mehran lacks of features in mentioned price tag, but every person knows it very well so I guess no one is forcing anybody to buy Mehran but still people are buying it Its their own opinion or like. But as you already started that "new car means tension free life"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    And yeah we do love our families.Its not that we don't by driving mehran "mout to opar walay kay hath mei ha" if its in mehran or Ferrari.
    Khanlala am done with this topic and now I feel bad and started to hate this topic
    mout upar wale k hath main hai to iska matlab hai k world trade center se chalang lgado, Allah ne dimagh dia haina. use krne k liay hi dia hai zang lgane k liay nhi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i did drive my friend's 2010 model brand new mehran on the day it came from the show room in 2010. and found it fit. i was disgusted to see that its dashboard had two air ducts instead of four and there was a bolt on top of the dashboard to fix it with the body, which wasnt there in 1994 model. ofcourse it smelled new and was fit at the time. never had the chance to see it again. its brakes were also not as good as i expected.

then i ve driven another friend's 2004-5 model car and he wasnt at home and his family was having starting the car and wanted me to take it to the mechanic. although it was a very well maintained one. its brakes were horific. and similar to two other suzukis i ve driven: khyber and cultus. it started and i drove it around quite a bit and didnt find anythng wrong cuz everything about it was feeling so wrong. that day i realized why mehran drivers drive so bad especially taxi drivers. it felt like an exercise machine to me. everything involved so much effort.
    i returned it back and the next day it didnt move a bit and her mother had to take a taxi to bring a mechanic to fix it and i felt so bad.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thekhanlala View Post
    Don't be dishearten by any childish or immature comment. You know the easiest thing is to criticize others for no reason. Leave it, your time is not so cheap to keep doing replies to such comments. This thread is set by Poster you should give some valuable suggestion to poster so that he can make his decision.
    Luking at ur whole conversation, seems like u hav a really childish mind..
    U r just getting personal wid evryone n defending the ******* mehran lyk Zardari is defending his swiss accounts...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahaha so you start hating it after it got stolen... in any case its so sad yaar after-all its your hard earned car... these bloody thieves

older cars always takes you to mechanic and if person is new or doesn't know much about car maintenance then "mechanics ki toh eid ho gayee" they fix one issue after sometime other issue will rise-up, so that's why for complicated (EFi, Auto tranny etc... )cars a person should know atleast some basics. A new person who never owned a car before shouldn't go for complex cars in first place. Mechanics will rip him off for his "innocence"

Yeah you are right Mehran lacks of features in mentioned price tag, but every person knows it very well so I guess no one is forcing anybody to buy Mehran but still people are buying it Its their own opinion or like. But as you already started that "new car means tension free life"
    Once I opened the hood of jdm alto,I wasn't able to find its radiator lol .. Khanlala a car without a radiator is really a car ? By looks it seems like you are sitting on a box :p you will look like a joker,everyone will stare you that if I am alien from mars or what

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    The fact will remain a fact if i repeat it or not. We shud suggest new buyers, not to buy mehran due to it crapiness. dats wat i was doing. I will do till the extent i can do. Atleast i can make the new buyers aware of mehran..Chk the link, chk the maufacturing date also.
    Suzuki Mehran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Who told u dat JDM cars dont have resale?? Check the prices first. I bought a JDM alto 2006 and now i have a really gud offer for it..
    NO offense for mehran owners. I m jst trying to discourage new buyers
    oh my god Mehran was manufactured in 1980s.. N our stupid people r still buying it..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So Poster here is my review as per my best knowledge:-

JDM 660cc Car:

1. Better than Mehran in terms of performance.

2. Not much compatible with CNG (It will give issues if you install CNG). It will remain costly than CNG even if it does 25km/liter (ideally)

3. Availability of part may be hard, as you need to find in Junk Yard. So no new parts, you will find Kabuli/old parts from other accidented cars

4. If your car model is rare or newer then it will be very difficult to find spare part and if by luck you find it then it will be highly costly.

5. It is sophisticated car with Auto tranny, so not every mechanic would be able to handle it. You need to go to some good experienced mechanics which means heavy on pocket

6. No dealership, means no guarantee If something goes wrong or if you get defected car then you won't be able to complain anyone

Suzuki Mehran:

1. Excellent car for traveling in city also if its your first ever car.

2. Parts are very easily available and very very economical.

3. Cheaper then 660cc because of CNG. (do the calculation of doing 100 kms on CNG and Petrol)

4. New Mehran comes with Warranty of 2 years. So it means peace of mind, if anything goes wrong then you can easily claim its warranty and it will be replaced for FREE.

5. Proper Dealership: If any tuning issue or minor CNG setting is needed then dealership will do it free in warranty period.

6. Due to simpler engine, every mechanic can easily work over it and you will also understand then engine basics.

7. Mehran is just like investment, it will never loss you (if maintained properly). Since you are looking for resale factor so you can't get any further butter option than Mehran. The cuore has been discontinued and Alto is soon going to discontinue. So you can think the resale factor of Mehran in near Future You would be able to resale is on your demand.

Result:

If its your first car so I would recommend Mehran, it will be in warranty and give you peace of mind. And once you get the know-how of car basics and maintenance then you can switch to some JDM (on your own risk )

Hope I answer you question!
    Bhai kis dunya main reh rhe ho?? Dunya chand pe phnch gai aur tm mehran ko le k bethe ho.. Jahan tak parts ki bat hai, to wo easily available hain.. or incase agar nhi bhi milte to there r many online japanese parts store frm whr u can buy each n every thing..ye 2012 hai bhai. 1980 nhi..wake up dunya bht age nikl gai hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IHateRollas View Post
    U r just getting personal wid evryone n defending the ******* mehran lyk Zardari is defending his swiss accounts...

Life is great ….you should get one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dude I bought Korean brand deep cycle battery and it lasted for 2 months only and its price was 25 k.Whom should I blame?I bought it from Pakistan.It was an American tank battery.Its now a piece of junk.By looking at it, it looks so beautiful.The thing was-- it was used ,I couldn't find nay dealership for it..in the end I lost my 25k and I was really pissed off.What will you do of this JDM alto car when you cannnot even find its bearing?You will search your dash out for it.Not everyone lives near shershah or any other place like it.Don't mind but the reality is whether mehran is junk or tin daba ,it serves you well.Atleast there is a warranty coupon with it.I know they should have changed its shape this and that but again ..the thing is we live in Pakistan where every department ,company,banks etc are there to rip you off.We can't blame only Suzuki for it.We can only hope that a decent leader comes and everything comes back to the track.
    i think u can get ur answer in my previous post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just replies to those who quoted my points. By the way I didn't quote you anywhere and still this comment??? Are you trying to get personal with me????? Its every person's own thinking, you think I'm childish and I also think something for you but unfortunately I can't write here

So better stay away from me dude. You wanna say something then reply to Poster he needs opinion, its not my thread. If you say something to me specifically then I'll definitely reply back with "required" intensity.

Stay away!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai kis dunya main reh rhe ho?? Dunya chand pe phnch gai aur tm mehran ko le k bethe ho.. Jahan tak parts ki bat hai, to wo easily available hain.. or incase agar nhi bhi milte to there r many online japanese parts store frm whr u can buy each n every thing..ye 2012 hai bhai. 1980 nhi..wake up dunya bht age nikl gai hai

Ay loo eik aur JDM agaya

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

haha no offense bro okay enjoy your car. But I'm proud to be Paki and if you think Pakis make useless criticism, then would you mind to answer the questions I asked and prove those were useless??? I guess a comment cannot be more useless rather then calling someone's ride a "dalda ka daba"

You replied to few parts of my comments but not whole.
    u cannot change anyones point of view

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

haha no offense bro okay enjoy your car. But I'm proud to be Paki and if you think Pakis make useless criticism, then would you mind to answer the questions I asked and prove those were useless??? I guess a comment cannot be more useless rather then calling someone's ride a "dalda ka daba"

You replied to few parts of my comments but not whole.
    u cannot change anyones point of view..its his choice if he calls it a dalda ka daba or a cycle..u cannot impose ur thinking on anyone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think u can get ur answer in my previous post
    You userID says it all.Thanks its not only mehran

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dot3 View Post
    the only problem is that most mechanics can ruin ur jap car.. mehran is ideal for any roadside mechanic to handle
    to apko kon kehraha hai k ksi Roadside mechanic k pas jao.. main apko aise hazaron mechanics bata skta hun jo JDM vehickles main expert hain..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why? you should promote your country goods instead of buying jdm's.I am against it.
    yea keep promoting it n one day you'll buying mehran for 1million

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List