Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct section i have chosen for my post. I am buying a new Mahran (lease) and intend to convert it to CNG for saving money. Now there are many imported cars (Japanese) of 650CC or 700CC cars in lahore. They are mostly automatic and their price(used car) is almost the same as Mehran. Their fuel consumption i have been told is exceptional as good as 25Km per liter. One example is Nissan Otti.

My office distance from home is 16km one way. Keeping in view the CNG price raise and 3 day non-availability, people are asking me not to buy Mehran and go for the above mentioned Japanese used refurbished cars. My preference is a car which do not take me to workshop for at least next few years. But only thing i am worried about is resale factor.

What do you suggest?

Regards,
    Muhammad Khabbab
    Lahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

about parts: if mehran's parts are cheap they last a fraction of the time the parts of japanese vehicles. for example, in six years my papa's sentro has only seen one time wheel bearing change and only one excel change. car is more than 150,000km driven. and this is santro, a pkdm car. japanese cars are much more sturdier.

and in the similar time i have changed front shocks of mehran twice. changed wishbones twice and wheel bearings dont last for more than one and a half years.

plus santro never stopped in the middle of the road, never heated up while running ac, never brought shame to us what so ever. but this mehran is pain in the A**.
    20GB Free Online Storage: Sign-up Now: https://copy.com?r=CPom47

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one should consider mehran only when one is really really short of cash.
    20GB Free Online Storage: Sign-up Now: https://copy.com?r=CPom47

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there z a bit of doubt involved in JDM vehicles, when they land in Pakistan they are not as clean as they are showed off in our show rooms and myths like that they give a mileage of around 25km/l is a complete lie. Auction sheets are tampered, car's meters are tempered, if u are going for a lease i would suggest u get an alto. Although alto is not coming new but still show rooms still have them ask from the bank may be they can help u lease an alto and they certainly will coz wo to dua kertay hain keh aye!!
    A "cool dude" who says civic is the best car in the universe actually owns a CD 70!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i own a Nissan Otti 2007 and its giving average of 16-18 in city, of course its winter and Ac is off.
    i drove it on motorway from lahore to Sargodha (185 km with me 75 Kg,my wife 64 Kg,our servant 70 kg,two kids and full luggage ) and on motorway at Av speed 100-105 Av was 21 km/L
    and a surprise to me was that the car went upto 138 km speed (total speed is 140km !) and still i could press the pedal down but my wife was afraid and i had to drop speed.
    those who complain about Pick,the car automatically shifts to down gear if i press the pedal quickly(when need to cross a vehicle quickly),i dont know other JDm has this feature.(i have 4 speed Auto,1 reverse ( P,R,N,D,D2,D3)
    The comfort is awesome.i also own City DSi 2007(also a fuel efficient model) but after i have driving otti,i dont wanna drive that
    and i think the Nissan Otti and Mitsubishi Ek wagon are the same except the monogram.
    Other features of it are
    retractable mirrors even with remote,press remote button quickly 2 times to do it with remote
    adjustable headlights( i like its light better than my city,its more clear and focused ).air bags etc those things are common in all JDMs,so m not lisintg
    I bought it for reason of comfort,economy and auto gears(as Lahore traffic these days giving me knee arthritis on manual gears by pressing clutch again and again ) .
    for Dihatsu Mira dont buy 2007 and below as those are not fuel efficient,go for 2008 and above models.(Always buy 2WD)
    Before buying by car i searched a lot on net and personally met people and came to conclusion to buy Ek wagon/Nissan Otti.I did Istakahra too and Thanks to Allah i dont regret that i bought Nissan Otti
    about the Part availability,i have found common parts like air filter,oil filter easy from my local oil change shop(Johar Town) and they were not expensive,air filter 350,oil filter i think was 400.and 3 L oil costed near 2200.i also changed plugs(which were written in its manual,costed 350 each, 350x3=1050. See my total maintenance cost was near 4000. and i wont be needing plugs for next many be 40000 km.
    About other parts like head lights etc tell me how much a new Toyota or Honda reborn head light will cost....
    i am sure it will cost less for these cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    Actually majority of us are middle class / lower middle class. We cannot afford gambling by buying an imported car. As we need to keep our investment safe. Thats why we are ready to buy that old dalda dabba cars like mehran and cuore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True true
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa,

Brothers i am 100% agree with (Slakr). Mehran in any cost far more Relaible than any Brand of Japan Assembled. Maintainance cost is very very cheap. I am using 2004 Mehran Since 9 Years. It gives me Milege of 15KM/L on Petrol & on CNG 40L Cylinder it gives 150 Kms after using it more than 200,000Km. As per Or Beloved Country Roads Conditions No other car can compete Mehran. If u r going for Luxury cars in this Price range u have many more options. New Euro II gives milege of 18KM/L in Local & 22 KM in Long Routes. I am 100% satisfied with mehran.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

22 KMs/L Mehran he na?
    현대 애인

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption -391639 Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption -391640 Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption -391641 Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption -391642 Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption -391643
    Mehran CNG Vs imported 650CC Car consumption -391644
    great suggestion

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The issue with these imported car's is when they land in Pak they are not Zero Meter and already driven around 70k+ so they soon need maintainance and parts are not cheap. Even I heard 2nd hand front Hub of Mira touching 40K phew my Corolla are not more than 5K hehe so you see if some maintainance needed get ready for some serious expense and they are already expensive when they land in Pak.

A colleague bought Honda Life and when I test drove it the car gave noise on brake and the dealer told that masoom guy that its a ABS Noise I told him to get the disc pad replaced and he had to wait like 20 days and find them from KHI.

I am not in favor of Local crap but we are stuck.. I mean imported are expensive to buy and maintain and local are just not what we want :p. So i will say ignore these 660CC buy at least 1000CC car it can be vitz or even Passo at least they are build to last and not dispose off.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL I literally fall of the chair laughing I don't know what ppl thing while buying JDM (I am not a fan of mehran as well) ppl see figure of 16-18km/l on odo and smile we have achieved good mileage and totally forget that this figure was achieved by adding hi octane what the point of achieve 16-18km/l when the cost per km remains same as 8-10km/l not to forget about expensive spare of JDM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    LOL I literally fall of the chair laughing I don't know what ppl thing while buying JDM (I am not a fan of mehran as well) ppl see figure of 16-18km/l on odo and smile we have achieved good mileage and totally forget that this figure was achieved by adding hi octane what the point of achieve 16-18km/l when the cost per km remains same as 8-10km/l not to forget about expensive spare of JDM
    Hi-Octane has no connection with mileage, its just to improve octane number and get rid of knocking
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Hi-Octane has no connection with mileage, its just to improve octane number and get rid of knocking
    even if hioctane doesn't increase mileage hioctane increase the cost of per km and I haven't seen even one jdm running without hi octane no matter it 660cc or 1300cc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    even if hioctane doesn't increase mileage hioctane increase the cost of per km and I haven't seen even one jdm running without hi octane no matter it 660cc or 1300cc
    i havent dropped a single drop of hi octane on any of my 660, only on Mira E;S and that to rarely because i never felt any knocking issue. Vitz did require hi octane though
    Laws r Made to be Broken

JOJ
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers