Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help out to resolve Mehran issues!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question help out to resolve Mehran issues!

Hi Friends,

Kindly help me out to find & resolve some little issues in Mehran 07.

1. Whenever I have gone to start my car after some duration like around 3 to 5 hours, it takes long self (5 to 7 sec) to start and after first start, when engine heat up properly then it gets start efficiently. (I have tried with some other old model Mehrans but found not found any issue like that)

2. During travel, i always hear a continuous sound from the front (a sound like a Zoooooooon). i have checked the transmission oil but it is up to the mark. Front wheel bearings had been changed recently but i am sure this isn't bearing sound because the same sound does exist at the time of bearings change.

3. Engine oil leakage problem: a very very little leakage (may be or two drops over the night) problem at the point of lower bolt from where oil exits.

Waiting for your expert response. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A correctly adjusted mehran engine requires you to pull the choke when starting a cold engine, (I believe you are starting on petrol), It is then required to push it back halfway and let the engine idle fast till it warms up so it does not shake - then push it back in (it can be pushed back if you are on constant movement too with engine partially cold).The sound can also be tyres - swap back to front, and the sound can also be from rear bearings. Check them all, For oil leaks - Get a new copper washer of your required size, smooth it out on a file, ask a denter to heat it up till it glows orange and quench it in cold water. Drain out all oil into a clean pan. remove old washer from bolt, clean bolt threads and install new washer, tighten the bolt into the sump loosen then tighten again. This causes the soft copper washer to seal to the sump. Fill the oil back into engine.Keep such washers as spares with you so you can change them everytime you get an oil change, do not throw away the old copper washer, its reusable - just reheat till glowing and quench in water.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    A correctly adjusted mehran engine requires you to pull the choke when starting a cold engine, (I believe you are starting on petrol), It is then required to push it back halfway and let the engine idle fast till it warms up so it does not shake - then push it back in (it can be pushed back if you are on constant movement too with engine partially cold).The sound can also be tyres - swap back to front, and the sound can also be from rear bearings. Check them all, For oil leaks - Get a new copper washer of your required size, smooth it out on a file, ask a denter to heat it up till it glows orange and quench it in cold water. Drain out all oil into a clean pan. remove old washer from bolt, clean bolt threads and install new washer, tighten the bolt into the sump loosen then tighten again. This causes the soft copper washer to seal to the sump. Fill the oil back into engine.Keep such washers as spares with you so you can change them everytime you get an oil change, do not throw away the old copper washer, its reusable - just reheat till glowing and quench in water.
    The cold start can be improved if u use better quality spark plugs and plug wires.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ no it wont, when you crank the engine the ignition coil gets direct battery juice from the starter trigger circuit combined with excess feul the engine will fire easily
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try the pump strt method. Press accelerator twice slowly . now start the car with half press (avoid this half press if ur specific car starts with out this press at the time of cranking). Do NOT pump repeatedly, just do it the first time after a long last run.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List