Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehran Feed Pump Leakage

hello.
    Anyone can advice me about the frequent leakages of fuel feed pump in CNG mehran. I make sure that i use petrol regularly after every 30-40 minutes drive in CNG. I have changed two pumps in two months.
    IS it because the pump is always feeding pressurized petrol till the petrol switch and the pressure is not relieved once the CNG is ON?
    if yes then how to solve the problem?
    Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you get your tank cleaned?
    From my experience of Santro
    Don't change fuel pump, nothing wrong with that. What make fuel pump failure in CNG/LPG is lesser usage and rust.
    Finest rust passes upto injectors. You can check images in my thread https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...enating-santro. Lesser fine rust is held at fuel filter and pump sieve. If pump sieve chokes, it deprives pump motor of fuel, resulting in low pressure fuel.
    I have been using same fuel pump for past 6-7 years, only sieve changed and tank cleaned frequently (once a year- after monsoon). Even serviced motor
    For fuel leakage, I had same problem when I cleaned motor and refitted it, later found drop in pressure, on test bench I found that delivery pipe from motor (spring type) was loose being of pvc and leaking fuel back in insid pump, so I cut it from top and refitted with heating on stove and used clip to secure it, now pressure was normal.
    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List