0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Shock Absorption / Suspension for Mehran

hi all. i m buying mehran as my first vehicle. have heard horrible things bout suspension like its a solid wood plank on four wheels on rough surface. blah blah. but i got low budget ve no option. NOW, i wana ask pak-wheelers what can i do to enhances the comfort like can i change suspension system of mehran to a more comfortable one with better shock absorption. and are there any off-the-shelf seat system available for mehran that more comfortable than the standard ones?

One more thing (sorry for asking too much)...i wana install power windows in mehran. would that be possible?

thanks in advance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since mehran runs on a leaf spring system, it is hard at the rear. Putting extra weight like a cng cylinder helps a little but nothing more can be done.

Adding power windows is not a problem but usually such modifications dont last in a mehran because of its rough drive. Its best to keep it simple. Rear seats are fine, replacing them with larger seats will kill the rear leg room. You may change the fronts with buckets to enhance rear seat leg room.

If you are really bothered about rough drive, get a coure or any other car which does not have leaf spring systm.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

got it. thanks alot.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    (Slowly i m learning why people used to say "no i have mehran" when they were asked "do u have a car?"......LOL)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's a good point A to B car. You'll get used to it's ride, and it's not THAT bad. To keep it simple; if you maintain it just like any other car, it will treat you right. People usually don't bother maintaining Mehrans and then complain of things breaking and whatnot. Keep it simple, no big music systems, no fancy lights, no power assisted windows/mirrors, etc. The more simpler the more easy to maintain. Happy motoring.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mehran has less stiff suspension. i have a cuore and its suspension is stiff. at bad condition roads every bump feels at low speed. but at high speed situation is different. at 60 km/hr + cuore becomes comfortable and has good road grip. but mehran is less stable at high speed. as a small city car it is not that bad but don't expect too much. as for power windows i have these in my cuore without any problem for long time. but power windows/mirrors should be of good condition when installed with original wiring.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List