Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By thekhanlala
  • 1 Post By aqs29
  • 1 Post By CutePoison

Thread: Price of genuine Mehran brake pads

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    FELIX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Price of genuine Mehran brake pads

    Aoa, Can anyone please tell the price of the Genuine Mehran brake pads ?
    All coments are welcome!

    ////////////////revo\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    A friendly advice: If your drive is not very much then get aftermarket brake pads of "MK" brand. These are much softer then original Mehran pads, due to softer nature it will help in far better braking power. Original pads are very very hard thus doesn't provide efficient braking.

    Again due to softer nature these pads will tear-down little quicker than original pads. But you will experience ALOT better braking difference. And remember for optimum performance try to change all four wheels brake pads .i.e front disc and back drum pads.

    Price:
    For all four wheels you can get these pads for around Rs.1100/-

    Why I'm recommending it?
    Because I'm using same in in Mehran and stock pads are laying in my store.
    "May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans." ~Alexander the Great.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqs29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,129
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default



    Price of genuine Mehran brake pads -1210661

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    CutePoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekhanlala View Post
    Price:
    For all four wheels you can get these pads for around Rs.1100/-
    Mehran has front disks only. Rear are drum.

    @OP Genuine ones are for 4.4k at the dealerships. Nobody installs them , even the dealership guys dont, they too install aftermarket pads for 1k

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    FELIX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @thekhanlala, Thank you brother for the name of the pads as well as the advice, but my father got them changed yesterday with the Genuine ones, which cost around 4000 as said by CutePoison. The reason I post this thread was to confirm whether the mechanic charged the right amount or not. But yes you are right as the new brakes are hard, as compared to the previous ones. Furthermore, the mechanic also said that these pads will last longer, like an year or more.
    I think that this is the similar case to that of the General tires, which last long but ride hard to some extent.
    I observed that generally aftermarket parts are pretty good as compared to the originals, especially for Mehran, but does not last longer than the originals.
    @aqs29, Thank you brother, saved your upload immediately for future concern.

    @CutePoison, Thank you brother, that's exactly what I wanted to know .
    ////////////////revo\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,897
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FELIX420 View Post
    @thekhanlala, Thank you brother for the name of the pads as well as the advice, but my father got them changed yesterday with the Genuine ones, which cost around 4000 as said by CutePoison. The reason I post this thread was to confirm whether the mechanic charged the right amount or not. But yes you are right as the new brakes are hard, as compared to the previous ones. Furthermore, the mechanic also said that these pads will last longer, like an year or more.
    I think that this is the similar case to that of the General tires, which last long but ride hard to some extent.
    I observed that generally aftermarket parts are pretty good as compared to the originals, especially for Mehran, but does not last longer than the originals.
    @aqs29, Thank you brother, saved your upload immediately for future concern.

    @CutePoison, Thank you brother, that's exactly what I wanted to know .
    Sorry for going off topic. Do you own Revo?
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CutePoison View Post
    Mehran has front disks only. Rear are drum.

    @OP Genuine ones are for 4.4k at the dealerships. Nobody installs them , even the dealership guys dont, they too install aftermarket pads for 1k
    Yes I quoted price considering two rear drum brakes and two front disc brakes.
    "May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans." ~Alexander the Great.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    slakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    4000rs for the brake pads is simply ridiculous.Most of the times the disc's provided by the suzuki dealership are out of the shape.Don't trust suzuki dealership this much.I have had bitter experience with them.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    FELIX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @zia1288, No I don't, but I admire the car for being the first car manufactured by our own country .
    ////////////////revo\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •