77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Squeaking sound from Mehran wheels when wet

Hi guys, I hear a squeaking sound from my Mehran's rear wheel every time I get it serviced or during rains when the wheel gets wet. The sound comes only when I drive it slow in reverse, in normal driving there is no sound. Sound is same like sometime when you press brakes of car or bike and there is sound from leathers. When car is dry after a day or two then sound vanishes.

Can anyone tell me if it is serious bearing sound and should I get it checked or it is normal leather swelling when wet?
    Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    Hi guys, I hear a squeaking sound from my Mehran's rear wheel every time I get it serviced or during rains when the wheel gets wet. The sound comes only when I drive it slow in reverse, in normal driving there is no sound. Sound is same like sometime when you press brakes of car or bike and there is sound from leathers. When car is dry after a day or two then sound vanishes.

Can anyone tell me if it is serious bearing sound and should I get it checked or it is normal leather swelling when wet?
    Thanks!
    Anyone?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

might be your brake leather touching the cylinder... check if your handbrake is completely below.. .. you can get your brakes serviced.. sometimes it comes due to rust accumulation.. but nothing serious i guess
    Kenwood | JVC | Pioneer | Hertz | Alpine | JBL ... x)
    http://www.facebook.com/taz.photos

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its not the sound of bearing the sound.of bearings are like two iron wheels are squeezed with each like karch karch karch karch the sound you are saying is of brake leathers they swell a bit with water or it is the sound.of you tyre sometimes tyre is not properly adjusted on rim by puncture men or your rim needs to be balanced its not a big issue so chill...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile App

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

remove the brake drums and undo the entire shoe assembly, clean it up with brake cleaner thoroughly (dont let the runoff drip into the soil - its very toxic, dump it in used engine oil instead)

use a touch of 100% silicon grease on the contact faces of the brake shoes (contact faces are the three spots the brake shoes slide on the back plate, do not use regular petroleum grease as it degrades with water and causes the squeak etc.

Use antisieze on the automatic adjusters after cleaning them out first, then use some of this same antisieze on the brake shoe lever points (top and bottom)

At any point in the brake system do not ever use petroleum grease as it can seriously hamper brake performance and also cause severe injury or accident. Change all brake fluid (oil) every year, it takes half hour at max, old fluid absorbs water from the atmosphere and lowers the boiling point of it. It then causes brake fail when you need to stop quick as the fluid boils out the water and creates steam - steam is compressible which means you lose all hydraulic force.

For the rear bearings use rubber seal bearings only.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

taz_rulz, usama_pal and Xulfiqar

Thank you all for your valuable suggestion. I will get wheels serviced as soon as I can.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List