Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Ravager
  • 4 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By zia1288
  • 1 Post By zia1288
  • 1 Post By usman_arooq2

Thread: @Xulfiqar - Best Oil and Oil Filter for my Mehran!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question @Xulfiqar - Best Oil and Oil Filter for my Mehran!!!

@Xulfiqar

Guru ji need your advise for my " Suzuki Mehran VX, 2008 Model "

Currently 110K on ODO and last service done a few months back by my dad from some local mechanic so no idea what oil or filter is in it right now. This car gets used a lot and I've seen some oil spots on the floor underneath the hood so definitely some kind of leaks as well.

So need your suggestions on the following things:

1) Engine Oil
    2) Oil Filter

The car get's driven on petrol nowadays but also get's driven on CNG when available, would that make a difference on the recommendation of engine oil???

I was thinking to get it serviced from Guard service station and get their recommended oil and filter, will that be good???

Also please advise the changing interval of these things.

Thanks in advance!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother there are multiple threads addressing the same question.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any old oil - havoline motor oil with new filter (pour about half cup oil in it before installing on the engine) - change every 5000 kms - make sure the engine runs nice n warm (gauge at mid).
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Brother there are multiple threads addressing the same question.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Read those bro, they are old and seemed outdated so needed a fresh perspective

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    any old oil - havoline motor oil with new filter (pour about half cup oil in it before installing on the engine) - change every 5000 kms - make sure the engine runs nice n warm (gauge at mid).
    Thanks for the reply bro.

I went ahead and re-read all the old threads about this topic as well and these are the three most recommended oils:

Caltex Havoline

Shell Helix ( yellow daba )

ZIC Hi-Flow

#1 It seems that Shell and ZIC are coming in bad quality nowadays and hard to find genuine oils of these brands, is that the only reason you guys are recommending " Caltex Havoline " nowadays???

#2 Should I use Caltex Havoline of " 20w50 " grade or something different?

#3 Which filter should I get, will the guard filter work good enough for 5000 KM with this oil, else recommend me a couple of alternatives.

#4 When oil is poured on the filter, should I just put the remainder of the oil in the engine oil or should I pour 3 litres more in engine oil???

#5 I've read many people recommending to change oil after 2500-3000 KM in these old cars, but you are recommending 5000 KM, will the oil be good enough for that long???

#6 Lastly, should I get an engine flush of this old mehran in hopes for cleaner engine and better performance, or will that have a negative effect resulting in more leakage???

Thanks in advance!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zia1288

Need your input as well bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went ahead and re-read all the old threads about this topic as well and these are the three most recommended oils:

Caltex Havoline

Shell Helix ( yellow daba )

ZIC Hi-Flow

#1 It seems that Shell and ZIC are coming in bad quality nowadays and hard to find genuine oils of these brands, is that the only reason you guys are recommending " Caltex Havoline " nowadays???

Famous brands like Zic, Havoline are coming fake in abundance. If you can source out original oil from reputable/reliable source then go for ZIC or Havoline whichever you find original. Apart from that Total 20w50 is good too. (All are good but only if original). But on my recommendation try Petromin Ultra once 20w50. I can tell you reliable source for Petromin.

#2 Should I use Caltex Havoline of " 20w50 " grade or something different?

Answered above. By the way the owner's manual suggests 10w40. If your engine is in good condition you can opt for it.

#3 Which filter should I get, will the guard filter work good enough for 5000 KM with this oil, else recommend me a couple of alternatives.

If you can find Leppon it'd be really good else Guard will do the job.

#4 When oil is poured on the filter, should I just put the remainder of the oil in the engine oil or should I pour 3 litres more in engine oil???

You have to put just enough to lubricate the filter and rest will be poured in engine.

I've read many people recommending to change oil after 2500-3000 KM in these old cars, but you are recommending 5000 KM, will the oil be good enough for that long???

5000 KM is okay, 2500-3000 are pre-mature oil changes

#6 Lastly, should I get an engine flush of this old mehran in hopes for cleaner engine and better performance, or will that have a negative effect resulting in more leakage???

It is a really good product. You should go for it. It helps in clearing the deposits from engine.

Thanks in advance!
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post

Famous brands like Zic, Havoline are coming fake in abundance. If you can source out original oil from reputable/reliable source then go for ZIC or Havoline whichever you find original. Apart from that Total 20w50 is good too. (All are good but only if original). But on my recommendation try Petromin Ultra once 20w50. I can tell you reliable source for Petromin.

It is a really good product. You should go for it. It helps in clearing the deposits from engine.
    #1 Bro can you tell me reliable source for shell and caltex oils in Lahore???

#2 Is it safe to get these from their respective petrol pumps or do they also sell fakes???

#3 Can I get these oils from Metro/Hyperstar/Macro??? Are these reliable places to purchase oils???

#4 Bro how much does " Petromin Ultra 20w50 " cost???? And please do tell reliable source for it

#5 Leppon ka genuine filter kitne ka hoga approx and kahan sai millaiga genuine???

#6 Which Engine Flush product do you recommend bro and from where to get it???

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who replies

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ZIC and Caltex are coming 80% fake even pump guys have quality issues in oils.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unstopabl3 View Post
    #1 Bro can you tell me reliable source for shell and caltex oils in Lahore???

I know 2 shops in Mansora, Shell scheme mor people are honest, Caltex on queens road near sethi motors, Caltex adjacent to wapda house, caltex adjacent to farooq hospital (bhekay-wal mor) are good options to go for. There are/may be many more but I have came across these ones to be reliable sources.

#2 Is it safe to get these from their respective petrol pumps or do they also sell fakes???

It is not guaranteed but reputable pumps sale good products.

#3 Can I get these oils from Metro/Hyperstar/Macro??? Are these reliable places to purchase oils???

I have no experience from these super stores, never brought from there. So I have absolutely no idea.

#4 Bro how much does " Petromin Ultra 20w50 " cost???? And please do tell reliable source for it

Last time I got it for Rs. 1550/- 4L packing. Adnan Autos at Mansora is one of authorized dealers/retailer.

#5 Leppon ka genuine filter kitne ka hoga approx and kahan sai millaiga genuine???

Hard to find, however ravi autos near yateem khana had them last time I checked. Don't know of other sources. Mostly shop keepers have guard oil filters as they are IN now a days

#6 Which Engine Flush product do you recommend bro and from where to get it???

Liqui Moly is very good. One of their authorized dealer/retailer is at Muslim Town Mor (in street adjacent to chiniot foods and opposite to baba qulfi)

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who replies
    Answered your queries, hope it helps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unstopabl3 View Post
    Read those bro, they are old and seemed outdated so needed a fresh perspective
    fresh perspective, with mehran.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List