Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Suzuki Mehran. Here's the reason why its world's most 'pathetic' car...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Mehran. Here's the reason why its world's most 'pathetic' car...

Lets look at The Mehran and what we have here?
    Rubbish built quality, **** poor performance, coupled with a pathetic fuel economy, poor ride quality and a high price tag and you're basically looking at THE WORLD'S WORST CAR, period.
    Before opening your fire (specially Mehran owners), allow me to compare The 2014 EFI Mehran with a 1936 BMW R75 Side-car used extensively by Nazi and Soviet troops (under IMZ Ural, which is basically an R75 clone) throughout the WW2.
    Mehran:
    Powered by an 800cc water cooled 3-Cylinder engine with EFI.
    39BHP @ 5,500rpm.
    40ft-lbs @ 3,000rpm.
    BMW R75:
    Powered by a 750cc air cooled 2-Cylinder engine with carb.
    41BHP @ 5,500rpm
    42ft-lbs @ 4,300rpm.
    Pretty close. Sure peak torque is at 1,500rpm later but its down on 1 cylinder and 50cc of displacement and no radiator, no EFI System.
    Even 1930's technology is ahead of 2014 Mehran!!!
    Here's a BMW's Dyno chart for reference:
    http://i.imgur.com/HjjLP5X.jpg
    Whats your opinion.

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    Chawal insan? Pagal jya? Me? LOL!
    Go ahead buy a Mehran for all I care. I just wanted to show you people what A HUNK OF JUNK it really is...
    Although people like you should stick to their donkey carts... You've no business here in cars forums.
    Mehran is like a Ferrari for those who owns a donkey carts and collect trash for a living...
    As a side note, Japanese 660cc cars are LIGHT YEARS ahead of ancient Mehrans. So kindly don't waste your money on a garbage.
    Dekho. Hai na pagal. Asli ID se login kr or baat kr yahan, seems you have all the time in the world to tap a keyboard so you made a fake ID and started this garbage thread. Close honay wala hai ye.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure 660cc cars parts are rare specially in rural areas. Sure one can't buy them brand new and some people prefer a zero meter ride under warranty. I'm totally agree. BUT... Japanese cars doesn't breaks as often as a Mehran!
    I know several Mehran owners personally and they always complain about how they always have to fix this, adjust that. How car performance suffers when AC gets turned on. Not to mention harsh ride quality. One can feel every bump, every pot hole, every road imperfection in A Mehran and lets not forget a noisy cabin. Cabin plastics are also very cheap and ugly and could crack easily. Its basically a 4 wheeled Rickshaw...
    Don't listen to me, take a 660cc car for a spin and experience yourself. Quite cabin, great ride quality, chilly A/C, much better performance, better fuel economy, no water leakage while raining, great sound systems, power windows, some even comes with a GPS to name a few... I can go on and on.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure 660cc cars parts are rare specially in rural areas. Sure one can't buy them brand new and some people prefer a zero meter ride under warranty. I'm totally agree. BUT... Japanese cars doesn't breaks as often as a Mehran!
    I know several Mehran owners personally and they always complain about how they always have to fix this, adjust that. How car performance suffers when AC gets turned on. Not to mention harsh ride quality. One can feel every bump, every pot hole, every road imperfection in A Mehran and lets not forget a noisy cabin. Cabin plastics are also very cheap and ugly and could crack easily. Its basically a 4 wheeled Rickshaw...
    Don't listen to me, take a 660cc car for a spin and experience yourself. Quite cabin, great ride quality, chilly A/C, much better performance, better fuel economy, no water leakage while raining, great sound systems, power windows, some even comes with a GPS to name a few... I can go on and on.
    But the question is why these people who own mehran are still stuck with mehran why they aren't switching to JAY DEE EMs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

... I can go on and on.
    Your well versed grammar surely tells ur class and sure as hell u can go on and on... But my question is still unanswered. What do u drive?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app
    1962 Vespa (Project) - 1978 Vespa (Project)- 1995 Daewoo Racer (Project) - 2006 Toyota Yaris - 2003 Suzuki Cultus

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    It's not all about Suzuki, Toyota and Honda is ripping us off as well. The public needs to take an initiative, the question is, what can we do to solve this?
    faiz at least we can speak in public about their quality. the problem is everyone seems content with the trash they produce. i will speak against mehran but when i will buy a mehran it will become ferrari for me. Bad word of mouth will surely work against them. People have to realize now that they are ripping us and at least they can generate bad word of mouth. JDMs are growing in market just because of good word of mouth so why dont we give pkdms hard time with bad word of mouth

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nabeel112 View Post
    faiz at least we can speak in public about their quality. the problem is everyone seems content with the trash they produce. i will speak against mehran but when i will buy a mehran it will become ferrari for me. Bad word of mouth will surely work against them. People have to realize now that they are ripping us and at least they can generate bad word of mouth. JDMs are growing in market just because of good word of mouth so why dont we give pkdms hard time with bad word of mouth
    Lemme give you an example: People do criticize the gov, car producers and what not in Pakistan.
    They can list all their benefits and non-benefits within a few seconds without taking a break to think.

When it comes to spread the word, publicly, using social media, Tv etc. No one or hardly anyone turns up. Why? because no one CBA. We haven't hit the limit yet. Mehran is yet at 7 lacs, even at 8, 9 or 10 Lacs people will buy it. After that I guess a time will come when 1, 2 or maybe more will speak out using the methods mentioned above^. Remember, We have freedom of speech! Don't waste your rights by staying quiet!

Only reason I am against JDM's is because it's just difficult to find a sound piece. I am sure by browsing PW threads, you can easily compare PKDM with JDM- the problems associated with JDM's and PKDM's.

Yes, build quality and driving pleasure is awesome of J's.
    Then comes the issue of a genuine car. Dealers will lie just to sell and dispose it off. Tempered ODO's, non-genuine paint, problems that might occur quickly etc. That makes the person think twice and get a P. We need a better network of dealers. There are a few genuine dealers on PW, and i am sure me and you know who they are :3

We are the reason current Gov. is in place. Our demands should be fulfilled. If no one wants to speak up, enjoy living how you're currently living. Take a look at Ukraine, Syria etc. The public spoke.

'A significant number of people in Ukraine, however, don't care about that and want to move towards the EU, in the hopes of having higher standards of living and better trade with, and access to, the western world. The government is completely shutting out public opinion on this matter.

The conflict has been escalating until a few days ago, when the government decided to say **** it to civil liberties and put in place some rather heavy-handed laws, making it jailable offences to blockade public buildings, wear masks or helmets at demonstrations, erect unauthorised tents in public areas, and even made it arrestable to "slander a government official."
    So now people are going crazy with riots over being ignored by an elected government, and violently or legally repressed by their rushed new laws.'
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sahhil_22 View Post
    Your well versed grammar surely tells ur class and sure as hell u can go on and on... But my question is still unanswered. What do u drive?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-expert-advise

this is his post. he had a YAAMAA. in his one post he write (Mehran is like a Ferrari for those who owns a donkey carts and collect trash for a living...) and if you check his other topic, there he is saying for his bike (that puts my bike in the category of Ferrari Enzo).
    maybe his topic means ANGOOR KHATTAY HEIN. lols.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What I drive? Well, Its definately not a Mehran... But its not a 660cc Japanese car either. So my opinions are neutral.
    Its nice to see that atleast some people are on my side here. I was thinking I'm hitting my head on a wall!!! Thanks a lot.
    To someone who thinks I'm "PAGAL", well lets have it your way. I don't mind your comments and no offense taken into account, period.
    Now as per comments about my motorcycle. Only 200 of these bikes were ever made. So it does puts it in the category of "FERRARI ENZO" in terms of "RARITY". Maybe you should brush up your 'spy' skills my friend...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Forget mehran and blah blah on this thread
    check the JETER CAR in pakistan
    Jet Inspired Car-26 Jan 2014 - Video Dailymotion

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nabeel112 View Post
    I have only one issue with mehran. A guy buy mehran from his hard earned money and in return what he gets is rubbish. Suzuki literally dakaiti kar raha hai. look at the quality of vehicle and what they are charging. sab nay cartel bnaya hua hai and govt is with them. middle class ko sahi chuuna laga rahay hain sab. No one is paying attention on value they get from car. I am not saying k mehran owners are bewakoof etc.. ministry of industry has to take actions in interest of car buyers not manufacturer's.
    brother, if any guy buy mehran from his hard earned money, you should think this is cheap car, he can buy. whenever he want to sale, he can sale almost same price. now in pakistan everything is expensive. if suzuki give you more things, best quility, they will not put money from their pocket. they will get money from your pocket and cars will be expensive. some persons dont have much more money to buy cars. even I dont have money to buy zero meter mehran. if they made its standard high then it will more expensive, then now if a person can buy zero meter mehran, then he can buy only used mehran.
    like corolla have many options XLI,GLI,GLI1.6,GLI1.6AUTO, ALTIS. if a person not have much money he can buy XLI. if he need more comfort he had to buy ALTIS.
    so I think if any person want good quality he should buy another car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Lemme give you an example: People do criticize the gov, car producers and what not in Pakistan.
    They can list all their benefits and non-benefits within a few seconds without taking a break to think.

When it comes to spread the word, publicly, using social media, Tv etc. No one or hardly anyone turns up. Why? because no one CBA. We haven't hit the limit yet. Mehran is yet at 7 lacs, even at 8, 9 or 10 Lacs people will buy it. After that I guess a time will come when 1, 2 or maybe more will speak out using the methods mentioned above^. Remember, We have freedom of speech! Don't waste your rights by staying quiet!

Only reason I am against JDM's is because it's just difficult to find a sound piece. I am sure by browsing PW threads, you can easily compare PKDM with JDM- the problems associated with JDM's and PKDM's.

Yes, build quality and driving pleasure is awesome of J's.
    Then comes the issue of a genuine car. Dealers will lie just to sell and dispose it off. Tempered ODO's, non-genuine paint, problems that might occur quickly etc. That makes the person think twice and get a P. We need a better network of dealers. There are a few genuine dealers on PW, and i am sure me and you know who they are :3

We are the reason current Gov. is in place. Our demands should be fulfilled. If no one wants to speak up, enjoy living how you're currently living. Take a look at Ukraine, Syria etc. The public spoke.
    You said everything right. hamaray pakistani bhai aisay he khush hain . Khair some of us know genuine dealers on pw and in market so we can find good jdms but others get ripped of from dealers as well. Yah dealers tak nobat he nhi ani the if consumers knew their rights and power of freedom of speech. When it comes to pkdm cars, i only like city. City has got best value for money when it comes to pkdm. If anyone gets good JDM with the help of geniune dealer, I will advice him to buy it instantly. JDM and PKDm both have pros and cons.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiazmughal View Post
    brother, if any guy buy mehran from his hard earned money, you should think this is cheap car, he can buy. whenever he want to sale, he can sale almost same price. now in pakistan everything is expensive. if suzuki give you more things, best quility, they will not put money from their pocket. they will get money from your pocket and cars will be expensive. some persons dont have much more money to buy cars. even I dont have money to buy zero meter mehran. if they made its standard high then it will more expensive, then now if a person can buy zero meter mehran, then he can buy only used mehran.
    like corolla have many options XLI,GLI,GLI1.6,GLI1.6AUTO, ALTIS. if a person not have much money he can buy XLI. if he need more comfort he had to buy ALTIS.
    so I think if any person want good quality he should buy another car.
    Imtiaz sahib just have a look on financial figures and profits of suzuki, corolla and honda. Every year profit is increasing. Again it is our majboori to low quality vehicle and its our fault jo hamai yah loot rahay hain. just look at my and faiz's conversation on this thread. You will realize that we are doing wrong as well by not speaking against this cartel.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would request someone who is good in English and very creative to create a petition on www.Change.org

It could benefit us. Our job is to spread the message.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think u guys are all on the same side. By local or buy jdm . Imports are the only thing that's going to push local manufactures to up there game. The more sales they lose to jdm ..

It's a necessary evil .....
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki Mehran Heres the reason why its worlds most pathetic car -1345305

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki Mehran Heres the reason why its worlds most pathetic car -1345306

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki Mehran Heres the reason why its worlds most pathetic car -1345307

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

may samajha

Mehran teree lay lee gee tu likh kay lay lay

Magar yahan tu......

Merhan nay teree lay leee or bagh gayeee

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with OP mehran is not worth buying at all. Jdms are far better in comfort and technology. Pak suzuki is ripping off people for mehran and bolan same 3 decade old shape and technology but we are still buying since there is no other option for people who want a brand new trouble free car but as far as I know even brand new mehran's lack quality and start troubling very soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List