Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Caltex Havoline 20w50 for Suzuki Mehran 2008 model in Summers

  1. #1
    MGK
    MGK is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MGK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Caltex Havoline 20w50 for Suzuki Mehran 2008 model in Summers

    I am going to change the engine oil of my Mehran 2008. The mechanic has suggested Caltex Havoline 20w50, as summers are approaching I want to know if it is feasable to go with this oil? Previously I use Shell Helix 10-40 Yellow Packing. Also please suggest good brand of oil filter. I will be getting this oil change from Caltex F-6 Super Market so I am concerned about its reputation also in terms of getting a genuine product.

    Moreover, i want to flush the engine before changing oil because the previous oil seems to have too much dirt in it. its just my personal thought. i consulted with the mechanic and he said you can pour any local oil for 1 or 2 minutes and keep the engine start and then take it out and it will work as a flush so i want to know if it is the right way or i should purchase any good brand engine flush? if yes then which one and from where?

  2. #2
    MGK
    MGK is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MGK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yaar koi Allah ka banda reply kardo gari bechari ro rahi hai

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    smarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    In my opinion... If you are using this car for long time... and changing engine oil in time (within 3000km)... So no need to flush your engine... and I don't know about swapping engine oil shell to havoline... any other expert should tell you about this... btw if your using that oil for long time so don't go for swap to other oil because engine is compatible with that...

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Use Liqui Moly engine flush or Kerosene mix which Xulfiqar bhai mentioned. I would stick to LM engine flush priced @500-600 Rupees rather than Kerosene, Not much of a techy myself.

    Regarding engine oil, depends on how many KM car has done. Is 10-40 much thinner than 20-50? Don't wanna ruin the seals or wut.
    Make sure Radiator is on Auto mode. I would prefer asking in @ekdrifter thread for Mehran, he is very knowledgeful
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  5. #5
    MGK
    MGK is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MGK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smarthief View Post
    In my opinion... If you are using this car for long time... and changing engine oil in time (within 3000km)... So no need to flush your engine... and I don't know about swapping engine oil shell to havoline... any other expert should tell you about this... btw if your using that oil for long time so don't go for swap to other oil because engine is compatible with that...
    The reason why I am thinking to flush is because I went to lahore some months back and there I got the engine oil changed and probably got ripped with a 2 no. shell helix 10-40 because that oil lost its colour pretty soon even before completing 1000 Kms and this particular time the oil has gone more dirtier. This is one reason also why I am thinking to switch to a more reliable brand.

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Use Liqui Moly engine flush or Kerosene mix which Xulfiqar bhai mentioned. I would stick to LM engine flush priced @500-600 Rupees rather than Kerosene, Not much of a techy myself.

    Regarding engine oil, depends on how many KM car has done. Is 10-40 much thinner than 20-50? Don't wanna ruin the seals or wut.
    Make sure Radiator is on Auto mode. I would prefer asking in @ekdrifter thread for Mehran, he is very knowledgeful
    Searched a lot here on local shops to find liqui moly products but still unsuccessful otherwise probably would have gone for LM oil as well. Fan is auto but an electrician installed a relay in my car so that now the fan speed has gone double than before. You have tagged him here lets if he entertains my queries.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGK View Post


    Searched a lot here on local shops to find liqui moly products but still unsuccessful otherwise probably would have gone for LM oil as well. Fan is auto but an electrician installed a relay in my car so that now the fan speed has gone double than before. You have tagged him here lets if he entertains my queries.
    Where do you live? Maybe a PW member can help you in that case
    And, tbh do post in his thread, I am sure he visits it quite often!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...ps-suggestions
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  7. #7
    MGK
    MGK is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MGK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Where do you live? Maybe a PW member can help you in that case
    And, tbh do post in his thread, I am sure he visits it quite often!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...ps-suggestions
    ISB bro.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ToxicDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,317
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    13
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGK View Post
    The reason why I am thinking to flush is because I went to lahore some months back and there I got the engine oil changed and probably got ripped with a 2 no. shell helix 10-40 because that oil lost its colour pretty soon even before completing 1000 Kms and this particular time the oil has gone more dirtier. This is one reason also why I am thinking to switch to a more reliable brand.



    Searched a lot here on local shops to find liqui moly products but still unsuccessful otherwise probably would have gone for LM oil as well. Fan is auto but an electrician installed a relay in my car so that now the fan speed has gone double than before. You have tagged him here lets if he entertains my queries.
    Yara dirty oil means that oil is doing its job of cleaning the engine properly (or the filter is not so good).
    I changed my engine oil and after ~500 km I adjusted its tappets and at that time when i opened the valve cover I saw that the oil was jet black. Oil was bought from a reputable dealer in lahore.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onlyfaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,934
    Follows
    3
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    theoritically you should use Havoline 20w50 CNG if running on CNG. However i normally use red wala havoline 20w50. Its the best oil from caltex.
    No need to flush if you are changing oils at regular intervals.
    Buy havoline from a reputed petrol station and not shop. This engine oil is making dealers crazy due to large number of use in cars hence they come up with fancy names and poor people get caught by sometimes buying fake oils.
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,928
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    O bhai 10 40 is a ok 20 50 is just too thick how much ur mehran driven

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  11. #11
    MGK
    MGK is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MGK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    O bhai 10 40 is a ok 20 50 is just too thick how much ur mehran driven

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Bro its driven around 75k. Please tell me if i should go for liqui moly oils and liqui moly engine flush? and also if guard filters are good or not then what else is best?

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    isnt 20w-50 synthetic oil?
    i am using havoline formula in my civic 10w-30,i asked the person changing oil if i should get 20w-50 synthetic oil,he said no formula is good for your car
    n i noticed mostly jdm's use the synthetic oil
    i was also using shell's yellow one before

    if u wanna flush then just get it from liqui moly, their shop is in f10 markaz next to shell pump, few shops before shahid autos

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onlyfaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,934
    Follows
    3
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    both 10w30 and 20w50 from caltex are not synthetic but mineral oils
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ToxicDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,317
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    13
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Havoline 5W40(or 10W40 dont remember) is the synthetic one.

  15. #15
    MGK
    MGK is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MGK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Meri ami ne mere bachpan mei milk selection per itna nahi socha jitna mein meri gari k mobil oil ki selection mei soch rha hun

  16. #16
    MGK
    MGK is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MGK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So guys whats the final verdict Liqui Moly or Caltex Havoline? Kal karwana hai mene yeh kaam

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGK View Post
    Meri ami ne mere bachpan mei milk selection per itna nahi socha jitna mein meri gari k mobil oil ki selection mei soch rha hun
    is your car reducing oil?
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  18. #18
    MGK
    MGK is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MGK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    is your car reducing oil?
    About a litre of oil in 3000km

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Then you should get havoline or quartz 20w50. but make sure you get original one.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Farhansa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    8,713
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Caltex Havolene 20-50 is best oil for your Mehran 2008.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •