Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By hassnainsethi89
  • 1 Post By dr3vil
  • 1 Post By dr3vil
  • 1 Post By zeelaf
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By zeelaf
  • 1 Post By zeelaf
  • 1 Post By dr3vil
  • 1 Post By hassnainsethi89
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By dr3vil
  • 1 Post By dr3vil

Thread: Mehran Engine overhaul

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassnainsethi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Mehran Engine overhaul

    Which thing is the most important in this overhaul process.Last time i did it was 2009 and it started to consume oil within 3 months, mechanic dandi martay hain and from that onwards i stopped going to him.I have Gear box problems too, shift is fine it just make sounds.From that onwards i am going to another mechanic who is good but not excellent. yesterday my radiator wala who is a very satisfying worker and a good chap told me about a mechanic and he says he will do work like me said to give the car to him for overhaul..Let me tell u about the radiator wala, he repaired my radiator in 2010 and since the my car never overheated and i have kept my fan automatic till now, my temperature guage is always in the middle just like a brand new car.He charges heavy but the work is worth paying.Now he says the person he is refering works like him.Now on the other hand is my existing mechanic i asked both of them regarding gear box problem inorder to compare them, the new mechanic said change the entire Gear box and put a kabli one as i live in peshawar so no problems in finding that where as the existing one said if it is repairable we will repair it and if not we will change it.No one gave me an estimate on engine overhaul and gearbox repair, just gave the cost of gear box which is arround 15k of mehran.Please guide me as i am confuse which one to give my car for overhaul.I need fast response of u guys as i have a blown gasket and needs to be repaired as soon as possible.Regards


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassnainsethi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bump......anyone

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassnainsethi89 View Post
    Which thing is the most important in this overhaul process.Last time i did it was 2009 and it started to consume oil within 3 months, mechanic dandi martay hain and from that onwards i stopped going to him.I have Gear box problems too, shift is fine it just make sounds.From that onwards i am going to another mechanic who is good but not excellent. yesterday my radiator wala who is a very satisfying worker and a good chap told me about a mechanic and he says he will do work like me said to give the car to him for overhaul..Let me tell u about the radiator wala, he repaired my radiator in 2010 and since the my car never overheated and i have kept my fan automatic till now, my temperature guage is always in the middle just like a brand new car.He charges heavy but the work is worth paying.Now he says the person he is refering works like him.Now on the other hand is my existing mechanic i asked both of them regarding gear box problem inorder to compare them, the new mechanic said change the entire Gear box and put a kabli one as i live in peshawar so no problems in finding that where as the existing one said if it is repairable we will repair it and if not we will change it.No one gave me an estimate on engine overhaul and gearbox repair, just gave the cost of gear box which is arround 15k of mehran.Please guide me as i am confuse which one to give my car for overhaul.I need fast response of u guys as i have a blown gasket and needs to be repaired as soon as possible.Regards
    awal ta mla da owya che
    model of ur car
    and which area ur old mech was from
    and what is ur main concern gearbox or engine
    and i kept mehran ask me any thing about it
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassnainsethi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Model 91 Rora.Old mechanic was Waseem in saddar Area opposite Green shadi Hall.Now is Shahzad but the Radiator guy who sits in Kali bari Abdul Salam ustad he refered me Javed ustad who has a workshop in that narrow street where usually are alot of denters and silencer repair shops this street is alfatah autos i hope u have seen it.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassnainsethi89 View Post
    Model 91 Rora.Old mechanic was Waseem in saddar Area opposite Green shadi Hall.Now is Shahzad but the Radiator guy who sits in Kali bari Abdul Salam ustad he refered me Javed ustad who has a workshop in that narrow street where usually are alot of denters and silencer repair shops this street is alfatah autos i hope u have seen it.
    bingo got javed ustad
    he works with Guddu ustad the denter near parti
    i also got work done from him
    and rad guy is nick tamatar ustad
    i know them all
    Javed is a little expensive no doubt he done work on my alto just the brakes and bushings changed by him
    he will take a few days but i seen his work
    i know guddu from 10 years or so jis ki workshop javed share karta ha
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassnainsethi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes tamatar ustad what do you suggest and do u know Shahzad who now sits in that plot opposite to Anis tire

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassnainsethi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nothing is free even my existing Shahzad is expensive too.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassnainsethi89 View Post
    Yes tamatar ustad what do you suggest and do u know Shahzad who now sits in that plot opposite to Anis tire
    shezad i herd about him but never visited him btw u got skype id or viber etc pm me lets talk this through in detail
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i can approve of javed he did worked on a fellow Pakwheelers City
    just make sure one thing
    insist on using genuine parts
    and he is right about gearbox changing is best option and if ur engine is good then use 10w 40 oil init
    javed will insist using 20w 50 init after overhaul
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    zeelaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    711
    Follows
    1
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    to get work done "PROPERLY" if they ask for "100" tell them you will give them "125", initially they will expect that you will "LOWER" the rate and that is where the "Problem" starts and you end up paying a lot of "100's" as soon as you offer "125" not only will they become EXTRA HONEST and deliver more, it is human nature
    Twin cam sixteen Vaalve da sticker Nikki jeyee gaddi utte

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeelaf View Post
    to get work done "PROPERLY" if they ask for "100" tell them you will give them "125", initially they will expect that you will "LOWER" the rate and that is where the "Problem" starts and you end up paying a lot of "100's" as soon as you offer "125" not only will they become EXTRA HONEST and deliver more, it is human nature

    honesty is a trait - not a commodity.

    a good tradesman will never bargain for his honesty. Dont know what sort of human nature you have been observing.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    zeelaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    711
    Follows
    1
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    honesty is a trait - not a commodity.

    a good tradesman will never bargain for his honesty. Don't know what sort of human nature you have been observing.
    Lets not get personal here. If you give 100 extra to someone it will not hurt you but for him it might be an extra roti that his family gets @ dinner time, and for that extra 100 he will perform better....... We can take this topic offline if you want
    Twin cam sixteen Vaalve da sticker Nikki jeyee gaddi utte

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassnainsethi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    honesty is a trait - not a commodity.

    a good tradesman will never bargain for his honesty. Dont know what sort of human nature you have been observing.
    Bhai can u tell me what to do repair the gear box or buy the new one kabli offcourse.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    zeelaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    711
    Follows
    1
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    When I was back in Pakistan, I had a problem with my Mehran the gears used to get stuck and there was one mechanic on the round about when you cross liberty market, some people said ke change the gearbox others wanted to take it apart but he said ke he will do it for 300 Rs (well this was somewhere in 2002) he changed some part and changed the oil and all done in 2 hours, I paid him 400 (100 extra) after I test drove the car, the appreciation and gleam in his eyes was priceless....... I don't know if that place still exists or he has moved off some place else ?

    for Kabli take a mechanic along if you don't understand this part and rebuild the gear box if you have a good mechanic
    Twin cam sixteen Vaalve da sticker Nikki jeyee gaddi utte

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sethi sahab waiting for ur survey
    gear box as i told ya even if its repaired so good it will last not more then 1.5 years
    u know what kind of mechnics we have
    and new gearbox back in 2012 we got it for 10k for that 89 we rebuild and with right oil zic FF it still is flawless
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassnainsethi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    Sethi sahab waiting for ur survey
    gear box as i told ya even if its repaired so good it will last not more then 1.5 years
    u know what kind of mechnics we have
    and new gearbox back in 2012 we got it for 10k for that 89 we rebuild and with right oil zic FF it still is flawless
    Ehsan bhai i will inform u first with my updates, its just university sai time hi nahi mila

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    the problem with overhauling gearboxes is the cost of the parts - people get strokes and heart attacks just by asking the costs of new syncro rings, bearing sets etc.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassnainsethi89 View Post
    Ehsan bhai i will inform u first with my updates, its just university sai time hi nahi mila
    ok bro
    and get prices form 3 to 4 shops and also go to kharaides for cost analysis
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sethi sahab
    clear ur inbox at pw
    no message can be sent to you
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassnainsethi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Cleared Sir ji

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •