Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Thermostat problem

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Thermostat problem

    Hello pakwheelers!
    Today i bought a kabuli thermostat valve for mehran because the old thermostat was not doing its job. The kabuli thermostat is also not maintaning the temp. The needle reaches C after drive od about 4km and when iam driving at about 40 to 60 km/h speed the needle goes down a bit.
    Is this due to bad thermostat valve? A genuine new valve is available for rs 850. Should i go for new one. Or my current one is ok?? Plz help


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    harib4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,436
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ab6666 View Post
    Hello pakwheelers!
    Today i bought a kabuli thermostat valve for mehran because the old thermostat was not doing its job. The kabuli thermostat is also not maintaning the temp. The needle reaches C after drive od about 4km and when iam driving at about 40 to 60 km/h speed the needle goes down a bit.
    Is this due to bad thermostat valve? A genuine new valve is available for rs 850. Should i go for new one. Or my current one is ok?? Plz help
    Genuine one is for 1450, i bought 2 weeks ago, temp gauge reach 40% after half km, n stay in between 40%-50% temp all the time, no meter driving fast or slow, morning or evening.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Buy a new OE thermostat it costs 1400-1600rs. Buying used thermostat is asking for trouble yourself as you say needle goes down to C while highway driving means t stat is busted.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The thermostat which i saw in shop was packed in suzuki box and shopkeeper was saying it is genuine and it cost around 850rs iam completely confused!
    Opening and closing of my both ie kabuli and old valve is at exact temp mentioned on them. But problem is that both of them are leaking water i mean they are close but still water passes through them .

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vaqas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,267
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Its better you buy new but please ensure its a good quality japanese and mostly genuine items of Suzuki are fake chinese.
    In case for kabli test them by throwing them in water and heating the water if they open as water temp increases and closing fine than good enough.

    I bought this one around 1.5 years ago brand new japanese one for my corolla and working great
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanx bro

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    uetian04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ab6666 View Post
    The thermostat which i saw in shop was packed in suzuki box and shopkeeper was saying it is genuine and it cost around 850rs iam completely confused!
    Opening and closing of my both ie kabuli and old valve is at exact temp mentioned on them. But problem is that both of them are leaking water i mean they are close but still water passes through them .
    A proper functioning thermostat is necessary to maintain engine good health.

    Seems like thermostat struck open.

    Packing in PS printed box does not mean guarantee for the genuine one unless you get PS workshop.
    The one u got as Kabli may not genuine pullout. Any used can part can be claimed as kabli and genuine if not differentiate just by looking.

    I once got Kabli thermostat that was original pullout from trust worthy person in Rs 300 and it working perfectly for last 2 year.

    So either get real Kabli or genuine from PS workshop.

    Have you checked both for opening n closing in hot water.?

    Sent from Vega Racer
    !! DIY in a professional WAY!!

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes both of them are opening and closing in hot water at correct temp. But the rubber seal of old one is leak and kabuli is also leaking water

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harib4u View Post
    Genuine one is for 1450, i bought 2 weeks ago, temp gauge reach 40% after half km, n stay in between 40%-50% temp all the time, no meter driving fast or slow, morning or evening.
    u r using coolant or plain water?

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i want to ask because iam using plain water and also i baught a new thermo valve but when iam driving at 50 to 60 speed the needle reaches to 25%. And also when the engine is dead cold after warming up the needle reaches 20% and after this it suddenly drops to C because the thermo valve open. Is my temperature sending unit is faulty or it is due to using plain water? Fan is auto and becomes functional only when needle reaches middle? Plzzzz help me. Thermo valve is new and is orignal. Car in question is mehran 100k driven 2005

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ifoo_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Fateh pur
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,955
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have a coure and I used Mehran,s thermostate valve last year.. when Needle reached at middle valve openes and needle come to 25% of guage then valve closed and needle at middle. it repeated after every 2.3 minutes then i removed the valve in summers . My car,s engine was weak back then. Now i want to install valve again. can i use Mehran, valve or should i buy coure,s own valve. ?

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifoo_786 View Post
    I have a coure and I used Mehran,s thermostate valve last year.. when Needle reached at middle valve openes and needle come to 25% of guage then valve closed and needle at middle. it repeated after every 2.3 minutes then i removed the valve in summers . My car,s engine was weak back then. Now i want to install valve again. can i use Mehran, valve or should i buy coure,s own valve. ?
    Coolant or plain water?

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ifoo_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Fateh pur
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,955
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ab6666 View Post
    Coolant or plain water?
    Plain water
    If travelling was free............ You know what i mean

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    harib4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,436
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ab6666 View Post
    u r using coolant or plain water?
    plain water.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ab6666 View Post
    i want to ask because iam using plain water and also i baught a new thermo valve but when iam driving at 50 to 60 speed the needle reaches to 25%. And also when the engine is dead cold after warming up the needle reaches 20% and after this it suddenly drops to C because the thermo valve open. Is my temperature sending unit is faulty or it is due to using plain water? Fan is auto and becomes functional only when needle reaches middle? Plzzzz help me. Thermo valve is new and is orignal. Car in question is mehran 100k driven 2005
    Reply plzz!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •