0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Installation of aftermarket AC in Mehran 2006

AOA Fellows,

I intend to install AC in 2006 Mehran.

I have done bit of working on this and have concluded on the below mentioned cost and equipment details

Denso Complete AC fitting KIT for Mehran. 16K-17K Rs.
    Compressor Duet (Kabli) Scroll type. 4k-5k
    Labour for Fitting. 4K-8K.

If i use a new Denso compressor, it will cost around 12-15K.

I dont intend to use new DENSO compressor considering the reputation of more load on the engine.

Will keep you guys posted and will try to take pictures too.

Intend to attempt the task within next 2 weeks.

will appreciate guidance from the experts to ensure perfect fit and performance.

I have checked and all AC fitting guys have suggested not to go for SANDEN AC kit considering its locally made and is of not so good quality. trying to get a quote on its price too.

Do pray all goes well.

TAKE CARE.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Bro i just had a detailed discussion with Abu Bakar Bhai, seemed like a nice guy. told me that sanden kit and scroll type duel compressor will work perfect however multiflow condensor is not suggested in Mehran since it will cause heating issues since air flow to the radiator will be restricted. whole setup with normal condensor will cost 20K .

Incase DENSO kit is opted with normal condensor (not multiflow) and DUET KABLI compressor will cost 26K.

What to do ???
    Go for it then and do what Abu Bakr suggests, he is right for the multiflow thing. I guess he can do your job in 25K. But remember in mehran you can have only decent cooling when you have everything in top condition. You should visit his workshop and get a final estimate then if it suits you, can install it. All condensors these days are singapore thai or chinese item, thai is expensive as denso thai condensor is around 5.5-6k and coolman singapore is around 2.5-3k.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for the feed back. what about fuel consumption and engine heating issue with Denso?

Have you tried using blinds to restrict some sun light in the cabin to improve the cooling under direct sun light?
    Without AC it was giving 18-22 KM/Liter. With A/C its giving 15-16 in the City. No I have not used blinds yet,
    On A/C Engine heat gauge remains between 60%-80% it donot touch red area on heat gauge. I don't use water in radiator rather I only use pre-mixed suzuki coolant. a year ago I also get it flushed and cleaned and filled with suzuki coolant. The result was good and still its good.
    Without A/C my heat gauge remain under 50% in city and but on long route GT road/Motorway it crossed 50% and remains between 50%-60%

regards,

regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i just had a detailed discussion with Abu Bakar Bhai, seemed like a nice guy. told me that sanden kit and scroll type duel compressor will work perfect however multiflow condensor is not suggested in Mehran since it will cause heating issues since air flow to the radiator will be restricted. whole setup with normal condensor will cost 20K .

Incase DENSO kit is opted with normal condensor (not multiflow) and DUET KABLI compressor will cost 26K.

What to do ???
    BRo u should install multiflow condencer for better cooling PS is offering it and there is no heating issue in euro2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    mehran euro 2 EFI came in mid 2012
    Brother, Euro 2 is emission technology; it has nothing to do with EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection System). 2010 model of Mehran's emission technology is Euro 2 however it is non-EFI carbi model. Even many motorbikes are Euro 2 emission system from 2009 or so.

regards,
    Noman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Success is also good.if new

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdkhan2 View Post
    BRo u should install multiflow condencer for better cooling PS is offering it and there is no heating issue in euro2
    Abu bakar sb from Universal Car AC G8 ISB told me that PS has also changed the condensor to normal one (in recent cars) because of reported heating issues.

how to confirm?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by siraj_7 View Post
    So much for the original DENSO kit and 3s if your compressor lasted only 5 years. Do you think its worth the investment. Isn't Kabli better then? Just thinking loud...5 years is too short of a life for the compressor.

And don't put everything on the compressor? are you using R143a or R12 ? if you are using R143a then are you also using multiflow condenser and evaporator or not ? HOw are you charging the system? by exact weight or by ambient temperature / pressure method or just by Ustaad ka Jugar method ?

The compressor life will depend on all these questions... it will die down quickly if not put in correct running conditions.
    The system was charged by local ustaad jugad method. He has used R143a gas (as he told me, I don't trust him much). The condensor is not multiflow, its simple.
    Actually in 2010 car was new so i thought to install FF A/C rather than taking new baby to local ustaad. So relied on 3s. Though cost is not justified however it served very well for five years with good cooling even in direct sunlight without using black shades on mirrors.
    However, the Qabli compressor is serving me well as compared to its price which is only 8k in total including everything.

I think I have spent much time with Mehran in last five years. Now it is time to upgrade to new model of suzuki 1.0L coming in 2016 in replacement of Cultus. Suzuki 3s said they will call that car Cultus new model however it will not be cultus at all. Wagon R is good however i don't like its shape.

regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Abu bakar sb from Universal Car AC G8 ISB told me that PS has also changed the condensor to normal one (in recent cars) because of reported heating issues.

how to confirm?
    Visit any Suzuki 3s to confirm.
    regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Installation of aftermarket AC in Mehran 2006 -1579334

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

R143a will never give good result with serpentine condenser, go for a multi-flow condenser and evaporator and you will be much happier. Check if the correct grade oil as per compressor is also used and also use the PT chart to fill gas. you will love the result on 32 ambient temperature AC vent temperature should be 6 to 8 degree if the system is perfectly configured.

Quote Originally Posted by nomee_46 View Post
    The system was charged by local ustaad jugad method. He has used R143a gas (as he told me, I don't trust him much). The condensor is not multiflow, its simple.
    Actually in 2010 car was new so i thought to install FF A/C rather than taking new baby to local ustaad. So relied on 3s. Though cost is not justified however it served very well for five years with good cooling even in direct sunlight without using black shades on mirrors.
    However, the Qabli compressor is serving me well as compared to its price which is only 8k in total including everything.

I think I have spent much time with Mehran in last five years. Now it is time to upgrade to new model of suzuki 1.0L coming in 2016 in replacement of Cultus. Suzuki 3s said they will call that car Cultus new model however it will not be cultus at all. Wagon R is good however i don't like its shape.

regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If any one is recommending you not to put multiflow condenser / evaporator with R143a then instantly ditch that person for your HVAC needs...

What to do ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nomee_46 View Post
    Without AC it was giving 18-22 KM/Liter. With A/C its giving 15-16 in the City. No I have not used blinds yet,
    On A/C Engine heat gauge remains between 60%-80% it donot touch red area on heat gauge. I don't use water in radiator rather I only use pre-mixed suzuki coolant. a year ago I also get it flushed and cleaned and filled with suzuki coolant. The result was good and still its good.
    Without A/C my heat gauge remain under 50% in city and but on long route GT road/Motorway it crossed 50% and remains between 50%-60%

regards,

regards
    thanks for the detailed feed back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdkhan2 View Post
    Installation of aftermarket AC in Mehran 2006 -1579334
    bro is this multiflow condensor installed?

any issues reported? after market or orignal?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If any one is recommending you not to put multiflow condenser / evaporator with R143a then instantly ditch that person for your HVAC needs...
    adeel bhai is saying oterwise. i will visit this guy today.

will share the feed back. thanks for guiding.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro is this multiflow condensor installed?

any issues reported? after market or orignal?
    No bro till now,u can check euro 2 fan club

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok guys have lots of information to share.

i have been told that the new Mehran still has multiflow condensor however the size has been increased (to accomodate more gas and reduce the load on the engine). and it has integrated dryer like corolla's.

i am inclined towards DENSO kit (that comes in EURO 2) with bigger & newer multiflow condensor and scroll typr KABLI DENSO JAPAN compressor.

intend to get this done on the weekend. LINDE GAS (GERMANY) will be filled. Lets hope everything goes well.

gonna cost around 27K.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If i opt for SANDEN kit and normal old school condensor the cost comes down to 20K with KABLI DENSO JAPAN compressor.

however there is a limitation with SANDEN inner unit that it does not have a provision of fresh air. this is a concern so will be going with DENSO kit than probably.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

make sure you can fit largest multiflow condenser possible in your car and give it fast SPAL fans that can blow the HEAT out of it.. Also make sure your car cooling system and radiator are all fit and using good quality coolant. Also go for a multiflow evaporator. Make sure the compressor is scroll type and correct oil (printed on the compressor) is used. The TXV should also be matched with the system.

Make sure to use the PT chart and fill gas by ambient temperature / pressure method for R143a. It can easily be found on the internet or in pakwheel forums. You should get a 6 to 8 degree on the vents at an outside ambient temperature of 32.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

make sure you can fit largest multiflow condenser possible in your car and give it fast SPAL fans that can blow the HEAT out of it.. Also make sure your car cooling system and radiator are all fit and using good quality coolant. Also go for a multiflow evaporator. Make sure the compressor is scroll type and correct oil (printed on the compressor) is used. The TXV should also be matched with the system.

Make sure to use the PT chart and fill gas by ambient temperature / pressure method for R143a. It can easily be found on the internet or in pakwheel forums. You should get a 6 to 8 degree on the vents at an outside ambient temperature of 32.
    thanks bro. i will try to follow all this however in mehran the condensor is right infront of radiator and the suggested option is to increase the speed of existing radiator fan (using a relay whenever AC is turned on) instead of installing another fan on condensor since as per fitting guys there is no space or need for this.

what to do?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

spal fans are very small in their thickness, they can easily fit. A fan on condenser is a must, you have to get it done else you will not get good results. If space is an issue put a spal fan on the radiator as well and make space for fan on condenser. I repeat you will be sorry and not like the results if there is no fan on the condenser.

Remember, the more the heat condenser sheds, the more the heat the evaporator will absorb. So even if you have to fight with the ac techs of the whole world but do put a very high speed spal or bosch fan on the condenser.

Also search for Xulfiqar's posts, he mentioned something about odd position of compressor in mehran. He suggested something about relocating it to the front for better head dissipation. If you can do that, do that as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List