Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehran Complicated Issue

Hi All,

I just came from a mechanic as my car brakes while turning full left and full right touch the floor with no brakes untill I press it several times to get them back in a working condition. Though on my mechanics advice I have changed the Master brake cylinder aswell but of no avail. Showed it to another mechanic and he said some unfamilar word which I do not know and was googling it from past 1 hour. He said, Car MUKIYA which are located in the engine room needs to be repaired and weld by an experienced denter.Please see the pic attached as this is not my cars pic but to explain the issue I am attaching it:

This particular area in my car is cracked and mechanic said it was previously repaired and needs one more repair.

Please help!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by foji View Post
    Alright People @capsat @SER_GTR @Xulfiqar

Just came back after fixing Mehroo from Mr. Afzaal at Saeed Manzil.

Left office for a business meeting at 11:30AM and reached Afzaal shop at 120PM. Met the guy with respect and told him the problem. before that cracked area was repaired from a denter as per @Xulfiqar advise. Test drive was taken to thoroughly inspect problems. After inspection it revealed that both shocks, both outer axel, inner axel, short and long arms has to be either repaired or replaced and an estimated cost of 10k was communicated to me. Car front was opened and the situation was quiet worrisome as the previous owner of the car had installed two separate shocks both uneven, 6 types of bearings were replaced with the new one costed around 2.5K, Outer and Inner axel were replaced by Kabuli good quality parts as per Afzaal's advice, got refurbished shocks from his shop, both arms replaced, suspension rod got repaired. Got everything replaced and car's backside spacer's were removed from a different guy but was hired by Afzaal on his guarantee. It took me whole day over there and the work got finished at 80pm.

When the work finished I was presented with the total bill for the last nail in my coffin. Guess what bill was for 17,900PKR. Car is in really better condition no sound and smooth but I am still in a deep depression about the cost being charged. Now that I have spent the money could you guys please tell me if I was charged fairly? Well, that was a huge amount and I have exhausted what I had left till the next 15th Nov until I have my next salary!

Imagine A Proper Work Done On Merhan Cost How Much....People Try To Repair Their Million + Worth Sedans Suspension In Less Than 10k....

Looking At Things On Which Work Done...I Guess The Bill Seems Quiet Well Worth It...They Are Well Spent...You Will Find Peace Of

Mind For Long Time....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

abdul hameed & sons - Afzaal saheb 0300 2116069 , @ saeed manzil, Karachi read this thread

Quote Originally Posted by AusI View Post
    This thread is really informative. I have been trying to find some place to take my Mehran for a while. The car has been owned by my family since when we bought it in 1989.. it has been neglected for a while and needs work.
    During the expedition to find a good mechanic I have been quoted similar figures but I have not been able to see any reliable work or satisfied customers for long. If the work lasts this is a very reasonable price to pay for top quality work.

Please let me know of the mechanic address and number please.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    abdul hameed & sons - Afzaal saheb 0300 2116069 , @ saeed manzil, Karachi read this thread
    Thank you. Will save this and visit after car has completed denting and painting work. Any recommendations? I am leaning towards Yazdani Motors? They are a little expensive from what I hear but the work is good and this car is too close to my heart.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nosher Yezdani is owner, of Yezdani Motors Korangi Road , DHA Karachi, he must be in his late 70's now, they know the job thus they are expensive. do share if the Nosher is still breathing or consumed by vultures in tower of silence.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well foji now your car has been fixed, enjoy this marvelous junk ever produced by Suzukari. You are depressed by just spending 18k and I have spent over 100k on my stupendous Cultus. All hail to Suzuki Pakistan. Our generations will be sold Mehran for coming 100 years. Totally shameless think tank works for this company.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After writing this post i went out of house again to take a test drive on an open road took the car on the sea view side. Speed was 100 plus and car was frigging smooth and silent no stupid vibrations and steering was like a professional Mehbooba. My father who owns Civic 2004 labelled me as "CHAWAL" who spent such money on Mehran but am satisfied thou. For all those who are looking for the breakdown of the cost here you go:

Kabuli Axel pair @ 3K
    Ball Joint pair@ 1.5K
    Spindle pair @ 3K
    Front 4 bearings @1.4K
    2 bushes @ 300 PKR
    Sterring Repairing@ 1.5K
    2 S. Boot Rassar @ 300PKR
    Suspension Leser @2K
    Front Both Shocks Refurb @3K
    Bearing,bolts,grease,springs@ 400 PKR
    Kamani Repairing @ 800 PKR

Just to add to your knowledge i am unable to understand lots of things written in the bill. I have just wrote it as it is.

s15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alright People @capsat @SER_GTR @Xulfiqar

Just came back after fixing Mehroo from Mr. Afzaal at Saeed Manzil.

Left office for a business meeting at 11:30AM and reached Afzaal shop at 120PM. Met the guy with respect and told him the problem. before that cracked area was repaired from a denter as per @Xulfiqar advise. Test drive was taken to thoroughly inspect problems. After inspection it revealed that both shocks, both outer axel, inner axel, short and long arms has to be either repaired or replaced and an estimated cost of 10k was communicated to me. Car front was opened and the situation was quiet worrisome as the previous owner of the car had installed two separate shocks both uneven, 6 types of bearings were replaced with the new one costed around 2.5K, Outer and Inner axel were replaced by Kabuli good quality parts as per Afzaal's advice, got refurbished shocks from his shop, both arms replaced, suspension rod got repaired. Got everything replaced and car's backside spacer's were removed from a different guy but was hired by Afzaal on his guarantee. It took me whole day over there and the work got finished at 80pm.

When the work finished I was presented with the total bill for the last nail in my coffin. Guess what bill was for 17,900PKR. Car is in really better condition no sound and smooth but I am still in a deep depression about the cost being charged. Now that I have spent the money could you guys please tell me if I was charged fairly? Well, that was a huge amount and I have exhausted what I had left till the next 15th Nov until I have my next salary!
    I NEVER look at the full repairing cost being charged, I spread the repairing costs over its estimated useful life.

This is how I would have looked if I were in your position.

Amount charged / estimated useful life

Amount charged = 18000/-, estimated useful life = 12 months.

18000 / 12 = 1500/- per month is the cost of repairing this, provided that the work done lasts 1 year, nothing much at all.

Since repairing done by Mr. Afzal professionally, so it will last much longer than that depending upon road conditions.

Can't you bear 1500/- per month expense to save yourself from this car headache?

Looking at the parts replaced and the condition of car you mentioned, you are charged fairly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, i can vouch Afzal's professionalism and the way he detects issues. The good thing is you get everything thing done under one roof with GUARANTEE. He is a really nice guy and charge reasonable but my Mehran's parts were totally worn out and there was no chance of repairing. The bill increased because everything was replaced either new or refurb. I am sure i am atleast safe for next one year. InshAllah. @capsat thank you buddy you proved to be a huge help. I will also visit that mechanic in bahadurabad with ref of Hanif Sb, what is your name btw?

s15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, i can vouch Afzal's professionalism and the way he detects issues. The good thing is you get everything thing done under one roof with GUARANTEE. He is a really nice guy and charge reasonable but my Mehran's parts were totally worn out and there was no chance of repairing. The bill increased because everything was replaced either new or refurb. I am sure i am atleast safe for next one year. InshAllah. @capsat thank you buddy you proved to be a huge help. I will also visit that mechanic in bahadurabad with ref of Hanif Sb, what is your name btw?
    Yeah, it's great that now the problems have been fixed. Sometimes, these problems do not even fix after spending so much amount. There are so many examples of those cases too on PW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List