Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By COOLTAHIR
  • 1 Post By bilal.janjua1
  • 1 Post By hassantahir2
  • 1 Post By saboor73

Thread: Suzuki mehran vx 2006 some issues

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinwahhab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,134
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Suzuki mehran vx 2006 some issues

    Assalam-o-Alaikum my father recently install AC in his mehran, car temperature is normal on highway but in city driving and in rush car heatup soo much that he have to turn of compressor. AC is brand new but compressor is kabli i think.
    And also tell me which brand of oil is good for mehran, car is driven 150,000 km engine never open but now it reduce little bit oil after 2000 km of oil change my father use guard oil with dil-o-jan and he thinks that it is the best oil but i think he should give a try to volvoline 20w50 whats your opinion.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    first of all, as far as i know whatever you do carby mehran always gets heatup with ac ,
    only euro 2 efi mehran is good and ac is just like cuore or alto.
    if car is reducing oil you should pour 20w50 as it wont eat oil after that,
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilal.janjua1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Zic is good for mehran.
    As far engine heating is concerned when car is driven in rushy area with ac is on - its an obvious thing with mehran. U don't need to worry as there is no solution to it. Technically mehran is the best car if we exclude ac from it.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    Assalam-o-Alaikum my father recently install AC in his mehran, car temperature is normal on highway but in city driving and in rush car heatup soo much that he have to turn of compressor. AC is brand new but compressor is kabli i think.
    And also tell me which brand of oil is good for mehran, car is driven 150,000 km engine never open but now it reduce little bit oil after 2000 km of oil change my father use guard oil with dil-o-jan and he thinks that it is the best oil but i think he should give a try to volvoline 20w50 whats your opinion.
    If the car is not consuming oil the go with
    SGO PREMIUM 10w40 API SG... The best oil you can use for your ride.. Otherwise you can give a try to ZIC 15w40 API SJ... If its consuming high amounts of oil then Valvoline 20w50 API SG would work real good.

    Don't know but i have a strong feeling that GUARD oil is rubbish.....

    And for overheating issue get a high speed fan for Radiator... Original Fan is not enough to keep the car cool in this heat....

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    There could be thousands of reasons for overheating
    Ac could be overcharged
    Clogged radiator
    Radiator fan in bad shape
    No t.valve
    For oil reduction
    Bad oil ventilation. (Breather)
    Bad valve seals
    Or bad piston ring (very less chances though)

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinwahhab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,134
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    SGO oil is pathetic oil in my opinion because i used it sometimes ago in my gs150 and changed it after 400 km as the car mileage is 150,000 + km i think i should switch to 20w50 and radiator fan kon si company ka miley ga high speed wala because i don't have much knowledge about cars
    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    If the car is not consuming oil the go with
    SGO PREMIUM 10w40 API SG... The best oil you can use for your ride.. Otherwise you can give a try to ZIC 15w40 API SJ... If its consuming high amounts of oil then Valvoline 20w50 API SG would work real good.

    Don't know but i have a strong feeling that GUARD oil is rubbish.....

    And for overheating issue get a high speed fan for Radiator... Original Fan is not enough to keep the car cool in this heat....

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    SGO oil is pathetic oil in my opinion because i used it sometimes ago in my gs150 and changed it after 400 km as the car mileage is 150,000 + km i think i should switch to 20w50 and radiator fan kon si company ka miley ga high speed wala because i don't have much knowledge about cars
    SGO atleast work's good for car's.. My personal car is having mileage 2 lac+ on odo and i am using the same oil from last 4 year's... Yeah, for bike the performance of SGO is not that good...

    Aur Fan senior members spal, bosch, gate k recommend kartay hain agar aap ko mill jaien to kya hi baat ha..... Otherwise hyundai excel ka fan b chalay ga......

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    There could be thousands of reasons for overheating
    Ac could be overcharged
    Clogged radiator
    Radiator fan in bad shape
    No t.valve
    For oil reduction
    Bad oil ventilation. (Breather)
    Bad valve seals
    Or bad piston ring (very less chances though)
    How absence of thermostat valve leads to engine overheat?
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •