Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bilalgee
  • 1 Post By turbo_charge

Thread: Ac gas

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Red face Ac gas

    i am having vxr 2007. it has company fitted ac. i just discussed with mechanic that how much cost will take for AC Gas. He told me that i will get u 2500 gas. and service charges is 1000 rs. he told me that we will check also leakeage and gas will be japani. i told him i will let u know after market enquiry. can anyone tell me is this fair charges ??

    1. also please share snap of guage stick where it should be in this hot summer season ?



  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    2500 Just For GAS? Try Other AC Mechanic... He's Ripping You Off...!

    Usually 2500rs Is Charged For Complete AC Service , Oil Charged With New Gas ..It Includes Labour Also...!

    VXR Hardly Take 0.5Kg GAS..Honeywell USA R134a Gas COst 1100/KG.. Do Your Maths And Calculate
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    the.real.stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    3500 for full AC service is just too much. He is definitely ripping you off. Go to a place where there are many AC service workshops as due to competition, rates are always reasonable.

    Sent using two cans and some strings.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    2500 Just For GAS? Try Other AC Mechanic... He's Ripping You Off...!

    Usually 2500rs Is Charged For Complete AC Service , Oil Charged With New Gas ..It Includes Labour Also...!

    VXR Hardly Take 0.5Kg GAS..Honeywell USA R134a Gas COst 1100/KG.. Do Your Maths And Calculate
    Thanks for reply...
    My car CH Stick is touching to near mid line in this summer. According to Vehicle Gurus Please don't take risk for Working AC. it may be due to heat problem. So kindly tell me what steps should i take for Better cooling in Mehran. i also asked to Radiator wala. he told me u must be change your old radiator with new one. i am also using water rather then coolant in Car.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalgee View Post
    Thanks for reply...
    My car CH Stick is touching to near mid line in this summer. According to Vehicle Gurus Please don't take risk for Working AC. it may be due to heat problem. So kindly tell me what steps should i take for Better cooling in Mehran. i also asked to Radiator wala. he told me u must be change your old radiator with new one. i am also using water rather then coolant in Car.
    Optimal Temp Needle Goes Near Midline In Normal Conditions....Replace Water With Coolant In 50/50 Ratio...

    If Radiator Is Blocked And Fins Are Damage..Replace It Else Get It Serviced
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,402
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Optimal Temp Needle Goes Near Midline In Normal Conditions....Replace Water With Coolant In 50/50 Ratio...

    If Radiator Is Blocked And Fins Are Damage..Replace It Else Get It Serviced
    how much gas is required for 2.0d saloon 04 model and which brand? I will import it from UAE
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    turbo_charge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,473
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Needle goes to middle or litttle above from middle is ok.. if it stays there no problem... if rise up check water

    Sent from my SM-G530H using PW Forums mobile app
    slow n steady wins the race..

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raja20103 View Post
    how much gas is required for 2.0d saloon 04 model and which brand? I will import it from UAE
    Get R134A Can Of 1Kg...It Will Do The JOB
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,402
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Get R134A Can Of 1Kg...It Will Do The JOB
    Brand?

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    turbo_charge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,473
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    honey well brand .
    slow n steady wins the race..

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,402
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_charge View Post
    honey well brand .
    Where to get it in Pakistan?

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    turbo_charge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,473
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raja20103 View Post
    Where to get it in Pakistan?

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    Every good a.c. Walla has this gas

    Sent from my SM-G530H using PW Forums mobile app
    slow n steady wins the race..

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,402
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_charge View Post
    Every good a.c. Walla has this gas

    Sent from my SM-G530H using PW Forums mobile app
    I can't find any who have original one, all of them have 2number filled in original cylinder

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •