Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Precision_Driver
  • 1 Post By Precision_Driver
  • 1 Post By zia1288

Thread: Some issues in mehran. Advice needed.

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Some issues in mehran. Advice needed.

    Salaam all

    I am new to the forum and need some help.

    I recently got a 2005 mehran (my first car) from a family member.

    Please suggest a good mechanic/workshop in Lahore.

    Need advice in relation to following issues.

    Whole engine vibrates when car starts moving. No vibration after that. It feels as if the car is struggling at the beginning. I have got the engine mounts checked. They are ok.

    The tempreature sensor was broken and i got it changed. But now the tempreature needle remains mostly at 25%. And the fan turns on at that position. Before changing the sensor the needle used to remain 50% most of time.

    After the speed of 80/90 the engine sound changes and it feels as if the clutch is pressed a little..


    Your help is appreciated.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Reply please.

    Sent from my LG-F500L using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Please reply someone...

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    First of all , congratulations on getting a car.

    Kindly tell if you're running the car on CNG or PETROL?

    i suggest you to get the spark plugs checked and the setings of the carburettor or cng

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks.
    I only use petrol.
    I had recently changed the spark plugs.

    Sent from my LG-F500L using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    Precision_Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Congratulations on the car, now first things first, you bought a Mehroo so brace yourself for the headaches, not making fun as I also have a Mehroo, 2011 model VX, make sure to take care of some things as they will make your life easy, first always take it to 3S Suzuki workshop, don't ever let a road side USTAAD touch it and don't ever try to alter or change any thing in the engine like removing thermostat valve or making the fan direct, i am saying this because a lot of people will advise you to do so, go to a 3S workshop and tell them to do a thorough checkup of your car, make them check engine timing. Also have them check engine gasket for the temp issue and make sure that heat gauge is working Ok. Always use engine coolant don't ever use water in the radiator. Good 3S workshops are Madni Motors on Gurumangat road, gulberg-III and Sethi Motors on ferozpur road. If you decide to go to Madni Motors, ask for the mechanic named Azeem, he is a genius. Hope you enjoy the ride

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Precision_Driver View Post
    Congratulations on the car, now first things first, you bought a Mehroo so brace yourself for the headaches, not making fun as I also have a Mehroo, 2011 model VX, make sure to take care of some things as they will make your life easy, first always take it to 3S Suzuki workshop, don't ever let a road side USTAAD touch it and don't ever try to alter or change any thing in the engine like removing thermostat valve or making the fan direct, i am saying this because a lot of people will advise you to do so, go to a 3S workshop and tell them to do a thorough checkup of your car, make them check engine timing. Also have them check engine gasket for the temp issue and make sure that heat gauge is working Ok. Always use engine coolant don't ever use water in the radiator. Good 3S workshops are Madni Motors on Gurumangat road, gulberg-III and Sethi Motors on ferozpur road. If you decide to go to Madni Motors, ask for the mechanic named Azeem, he is a genius. Hope you enjoy the ride
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have read from pakwheels forums that suzuki workshop is costly and they are careless.
    How is your experience with them?

    Sent from my LG-F500L using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    Precision_Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    They are costly no doubt, but if you go only for tuning then they are not that costly I mean, don't buy oil and oil filters or air filters from them, change oil from some reputed petrol pump or vendor, only go to 3S for tuning, I have been maintaining my Mehran from 3S from the day I bought it and trust me it saves you a lot of money in the long run. Better than taking it to an unqualified person who charges you 100 or 200 less for tuning and in return screw every thing. In this case you will end up spending more rather than saving so think wise. They have clean workshops and qualified mechanics who at least know what they are doing. My experience with Mini Motors was terrible so never went back there. Madni motors and sethi are good.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Precision_Driver View Post
    They are costly no doubt, but if you go only for tuning then they are not that costly I mean, don't buy oil and oil filters or air filters from them, change oil from some reputed petrol pump or vendor, only go to 3S for tuning, I have been maintaining my Mehran from 3S from the day I bought it and trust me it saves you a lot of money in the long run. Better than taking it to an unqualified person who charges you 100 or 200 less for tuning and in return screw every thing. In this case you will end up spending more rather than saving so think wise. They have clean workshops and qualified mechanics who at least know what they are doing. My experience with Mini Motors was terrible so never went back there. Madni motors and sethi are good.
    What do u they cover in tunning.
    Should i just go there and ask them to do tuning?

    Sent from my LG-F500L using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,928
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    issue no 1 engine vibration
    check engine foundations
    and its struggling check tuining tappet plugs and give it a proper tune
    issue no 2
    temp sensor u changed might be desi advice get kabli one it works way better
    issue no 3
    80 90
    check front suspension
    chimtay steering box etc and make sure alingment is done right
    don't take it too 3s as 3s suzuki guys will burn a hole in ur pocket with labor and parts charges

    lasty i don't know any mech in lahore and owned mehran for 8 year or so i know its not a car its a Sh*t hole of problems
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Precision_Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    They do tuning of the engine, generally tuning comprises of tappet clearance adjustment, plug checking, carburetor adjustment if required and some other things, plus when you go there you should explain in detail the problems you are facing, and they will let you know first the parts which are problematic and the cost to repair them, I advise you that you should get the total estimate of the repair work along with parts prices which they quote and then get a quote from a reliable parts vendor on montgomery road, you will get the idea of the price difference. If you think that price difference is not that much then you should get the work done from 3S. Then again they are costly but not that much costly. Mehran is a car that's very unforgiving if you don't take care of it, it will not take care of you so decision is always yours because its your hard cash that's on the line.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Precision_Driver View Post
    They do tuning of the engine, generally tuning comprises of tappet clearance adjustment, plug checking, carburetor adjustment if required and some other things, plus when you go there you should explain in detail the problems you are facing, and they will let you know first the parts which are problematic and the cost to repair them, I advise you that you should get the total estimate of the repair work along with parts prices which they quote and then get a quote from a reliable parts vendor on montgomery road, you will get the idea of the price difference. If you think that price difference is not that much then you should get the work done from 3S. Then again they are costly but not that much costly. Mehran is a car that's very unforgiving if you don't take care of it, it will not take care of you so decision is always yours because its your hard cash that's on the line.
    Thanks

    Sent from my LG-F500L using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    It seems like there is issue with your clutch. Get clutch adjusted and get clutch and pressure plates checked.

    To make your life easy:
    i- Do not remove Thermostat valve as most mechanics will advice you to remove it.
    ii- flush your radiator and refill it with anti-rust coolant (if it is filled with water)
    iii- get it tuned from 3S as mentioned above. it costs only Rs. 350 for tuning.
    iv- get brake booster (servo brake) installed it'll make hell lot of difference in braking.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajas1440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Hi pakwheelers,
    I've a mehran and it's meter reading has stopped working, can anyone tell me how to fix it or how to make it run. Thankx

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •