0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehran Engine Heat-up

I have Mehran VXR (CNG) 2003. In hot weather when I switch on A/C, temprature shoots up till RED mark. This especially happens in Traffic congestions.
    Recently did complete radiator cleanup but no change.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have to put a relay right before the electric conection of your radiator fan. It happens because when ur in traffic, your radiator is only dependant on the wind that is produced by fan. So Mehran's Fan is not strong enough. By placing a relay before the fan connection, you will increase the flow of current to the fan motor. In result the fan rotation will increase in a dramatic manner. It will be really fast; without negatively effecting anything. You can drive your car carelessly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mr. Aftab, thanks for the reply. I will definitely go for it(any suggestion about the specs of relay?).
    For the sake of Curiosity, could you please throuh some light on below issues:

a) Is it a design flaw because radiator & A/C Grill are of same size, tightly attached to each other and are using the same fan.
    b) Wouldn't it be harmful for FAN to get high power than specified?
    c) Does majority of suzuki mehran VXR owners face same problem throughout summer?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mr Qayyum.

There's a couple of reasons this could be happening. In your interests, its best that next time you post the porblem with specific details and a bit of history.

Its a 2003 Mehran and unless you've had the wiring significantly tampered, there should'nt be need for a relay. I have a 2003 Nov Mehran CNG, and its never displayed such problems.

Firstly open up the radiator cap in the morning or when the when the car is COLD. See if the thermostat is working, meaning does it open water flow. Should be visible as moving water in the radiator accompanied by the thermofan. If the water starts to flow, but the fan doesn't turn on, have wiring checked before throwing on a relay. Check Polarity, i.e. see if the fan is "sucking air" (front-back) not pushing it (back-front). Check water pump belt for tension and if you're adding water instead of coolant, flush your radiator and check for flow. Also check A/C heat exhanger for blockage. The fins usually get bent while highway driving and there's usually alot of bugs that get stuck.

The front grille has a metallic air restrcitor covering part of the grille from the inside. Make sure your vehicle's not been removed or isn't loose.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem history is;
    - This problem persists since begining i.e. day one. I am the first owner.
    - Electric System has not been tempered.
    - Car starts heating up in summer especially in traffic congestions.
    - Value works fine. I eved removed the value but the problem did not resolved.
    - I also converted FAN from Auto to Direct.
    - Polarity of Fan is also right.

- Water pump belt is also fine & metallic air restrictor is in place.

- Radiator service was also done recently.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Friend, I am not sure what is the Auto Industry of Pak is at this momment, but when I had a Baleno 4 years ago in Islamabad. I had the same problem in my first summer. Just go to the mechanic and ask him for a good "QABLLI RELAY" for fan. Please don`t spend do much money on serivcin, puttin this and that. Those all are ******* they are tryin to make money in the market, and please make sure about the cabling. One direct cable from battery in to the relay and then into the fan input. And you can get the earth from any strong point. Some Suzuki does have this problem.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeh i also have a 2003 VXR CNG Mehran & it also heats up in heavy traffic if i have 3-4 people onboard. But i'm not too worried cuz its a small engine under heavy load(3-4 people, A/C) on a hot day in heavy traffic so its bound to heat up. During normal running in the evening the temp gauge is fine. Just don't think ur Mehran is a 2.0D Corolla.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree the hotter the ambient temperature the higher the water temperature indication on the gauge. However, please remember that upto 120 C the engine oil is not affected. Once the engine oil temperature exceeds 130 C, the oil deteriorates by as much as 50%. In fact 50% of engine problems are caused by a defective cooling system.
    Interested in reading more about the cooling system? Please visit my website:
    www.aaautocare.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think engine oil is a rather secondary concern presceeded by pressurised hoses just waiting to steam clean the engine because its good old H2O running through the veins of the cooling system.

Regarding the oil, its recommended that if an engine overheats, you should have the oil changed regardless, more important for older engines.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List