0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Big/ 3S workshops good or bad?? share your experiences

People say these big 3S workshops rip their customers off on no legit grounds, over invoicing, shoddy workmanship and what not, share you experiences candidly to uncover if its myth or reality!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

our car used to go to SUZUKI MOTORWAYS Karachi, extremely satisfied with themm..
    "I have never won a debate with an ignorant person" Hazrat Ali (RA)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother,my experience with suzuki 6th road branch is,i went for head gasket replacement in local market i wud cost me about Rs3000 with engine oil,they said head gasket for Rs2850,labour rs2500,radiator replacement Rs5700,oil Rs1200,head facing,valves etc etc my total bill was Rs13,750
    i got every thing done in Rs 4,000 from a gud mechanictill now i have driven 5k & no problem
    what they did is to make their bill,
    rest their working standard is appreciatable.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good response so far, other pakwheelers share your experiences, help others!!!

I myself own a santro, took it to newtown motors initially, wasnt satisfied will either their billing or the quality.
    Then went to Apollo. The quality was good, were overly busy, expensive but the quality was good. Cudnt continue with them beacuse there location was a little too off from my place. Then, i have been going to a very well reknowned (arguably one of the best in khi) workshop. Lately my car got hit, it was a minor thing, but i had a terrible terrible experience getting it repaired. My car is lying with them still, will update as it is unfolds...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they are not good in every case , if one has small problem (specially other then engine) then i dont think this is wise to go to these 3s until n unless you have ample amount and u wish to spend it without care / worry.
    once i took my civic to honda drive-in for tuning , the car was taking lil jerks too , it was brand new like about 300 km done , they took my car inside , i was waiting in their waiting room and enjoying a tv show , then all of my enjoyment turned into anger n jeopardy when a person came there and said see this clutch wire is broken !!!!
    i said WHAT ! then how i was able to drive my car here from my house ??
    they replied , they dont know about this but we need to replace this .
    there was no other option for me and since then i decided not to go to them until n unless i have some serious probs with my car.
    every person has different experiences.
    something fishy about number of total posts !!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had an experiance by Suzuki South ... they are all worhtless piece of stupid junky minds .... i went their for tuning .... the mechanic at the workshop said u gear box needs an oil change .... i was like wat only 2500 klm nd i need gear oil change ...wat the hell ..... they just know how to rip off ur pockets but htey didnt know how provide services ...... they charge 2500 for tappet adjustment .........

overall my mechanic and a lot of help frm PW users i can manage my car within the limited cost .....
    KARACHI RULES, KARACHI ROCK, KARACHI SLAM, KARACHI LIVE, KARACHI DREAMS, KARACHI SOUL, KARACHI HEART, KARACHI SUPPORTS. KARACHI IS PAKISTAN....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One more thing want to share with toyota eastern motors:
    I was there for a routine chkup (under warranty) for my dad GLi, i was waiting there to fetch my car and i met a budha baba driver there (seems very talented n technical with his conversation with me for time killing) he said there was little jerks in the car of colonel (his employee) so he suggested to visit ANY mechanic to set the clutch settings or what so ever but colonel sahab said NO , NOT AT ALL , goto toyota andget it chkd ,and for that reason he was here and got the total bill of 26 thousand rupees !!!!!! he was so sad over this abut in the last he said , colonel ka paisa hai mujhay kai
    And most of all you cant see what replacements they did with your car, no matter they did or not, but they DO charge and even dont give ur old stuff to you too. (bcz they will fit that in another car afterwords) ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This loot maar will continue until n unless people think rationally about their money (no matter it isblack money or white) but once this conscious thinking will invoke in minds then it will b all set.
    Change is coming gradually, u can see KFC and other international outlets reporting major fall in thier net income , as ppl have known tht this is waste of money , they can buy the same thing form a local fastfood shop in much cheaper rates, in the result u can see the fall in the prices from mC Donalds etc is seen, more over my uncle's building which has KFC in it also was telling me that KFC is requesting him to DECREASE the rent after this agreement or they will vacant it
    by the way KFC is paying just 250,000 per month to them since 3 years.
    wake up people, its time to think with a conscious mind.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agreed with nadeem5476!! i have had a terribble experience this time, height of over invoicing, i m not even sure if i can call this act overinvoicng, clean robbery i guess is what i m experiencing, Additionally, its been five days my car is there and they havent even started working on it. My insurance guy says these crooks are asking for F@#$% unreasonable sum. I am no guru with car mechanical knowledge, but atleast with common sense of driving for the past deacde i can fugure out what seems a legit expenditure and whats not.

P.s. i m thinking of taking some sort of a seriosus action against these people, if not action can be taken atleast i will aware the fellow community memeber that this is the story and the its upto you to engage them if you want. I have solid experieces of these people chaetign which i will share shortly..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good response fellows!!!
    8 responses, 53 views, more can be done i guess!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Every dealer is different. Automakers in Pakistan are not too bothered about maintaining standards. My experience with Suzuki Master Motors has been satisfactory. I had a very good experience with Suzuki Cantt Motors.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brothers, i remembered my 1 more experience,i got shocks repaired from suzuki,my car startd making noise on jumps,bumpy roads like dug,dug,dug i went to them showed my bill they gave a nice response repaired it,same the sound comes this happend three times,they repaired it,at last they got nut was loose of the shock head,which i got tied up from a local mechanic,& the sound is gone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I usually take my car to Toyota Islamabad (Aabpara Market Islamabad) and Toyota Capital (I-9). Have never been impressed.

Though the staff is courteous they do not more than open, replace and replenish. For instance the staff noting down ado, would not advise you what regular maintenance jobs are required to be done.

It is only me who tell them to do this and that. Since the warranty was over, I stopped going for engine oil change, but kept on buying air and oil filters from them from time to time.

I still prefer them for all lubricant changes, because they do it in cleanly and in clean environment, not on the roadside workshop where a lot of dust also goes into engine when you open the lid for pouring the oil.

I many go for breaks service and shoe, disc pad replacement to either of these 3S despite high charges for labour and parts, but in the end I know what I am getting. You are never sure about the quality or authenticity of parts being sold as original Toyota parts in open market, though I have heard that these 3S dealers do not import parts from abroad, but they also source them from local spare parts shops. Parts and services are also costlier at 3S because they have to pay 16% GST on each bill generated, while roadside mechanics and workshops are free from these liabilities.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sum thing from my side.

we had a khyber went to Suzuki Danish motors altho bills were big but the car was always satisfactory,

have had the worst most experience wid Suzuki Margalla motors, they fix one get nd unfix some thing else

SUzuki Defence Motors. my car heated up nd the imobilizer codes some how got locked. i tuk it to suzuki after 2 days as there was a sunday in betwn the car had to be towd, while the car parked out side my house i had figured why the car got over heated (it was a burnt fuse).

but stil didnt start went to suzuki they claimed recoding. after about 2 hours i came back nd i claimed my car they said " ap bethein ap ko update kerdeinge " to my curosity i went inside to my car (altho em not allowd there but i did)

they said is ka to head gaya head kholna pare ga. i was lyk ****. sat on the bumper nd mistakenly touched the tappet cover it was hot as a iron!! nd jst a tukka i said ager head gaya to start kese hogai?

all 3 guys the mechanic working, the ground manager, nd sum head were stunt looking at each other then he said luk at this, its a broken plug head to khule ga, the mechanic claimed the plugs are untighten thats y loose. after 10mins a guy came claimed ure not allowed inside the workshop, ap ki gari ready hojae gi we would let u noe.

finaly wen taking the delivery they scratched my cars driver door.

on the test run the mechanic was like aaj meri khichai hoggee!!!

The ground manager claimed " ap muje 500 dedein mei apka bill kam ker dunga "
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

altho the 3S dealerships are one window solution if there reliable and gud, and ethical then ure tension free drop ur car in the morning nd claim ur car in the evening no tension there the best people for ur car.

as far as charging more money is conserned

there best for people who dunoe mch abt cars, and some times seem helpful at wat to do wen to do.

they always have the correct tools

only a Honda franchise costs around 5 croses, (the name only) leave apart the building, furnishing, workshop, (all has to be done according to certain standards.)

nd the skilled labour,

they have to bear costs,
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a Toyota Altis 2007. Been to few 3S dealers. Sometimes, the advisors show lack of interest in jobs other than routine. They cant advise anything other than "replace" the part. They dont have vast knowledge about job other than the SOPs for maintenance n repair.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ In Pakistan, be it government departments or private sector, mostly sifarshi and incompetent people, who know nothing about the jobs, are recruited so the result should not be surprising.

When you take your car to 3S dealer it seems that they are doing a big favour by handling your ride and charging you insanely.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I take my car to Toyota Central. The bulb in foglight fuses sometimes. I asked the advisor to change the bulb and he tells me sir we dont have the bulb separately, you have to change the foglight. It is rs. 6000/-. I asked him why is it so expensive and he smiles back saying 'sir aap ne altis rakhi hui hai'. Then I explained to him the interiors and working mechanism of a foglight and told him not to take me for a schmuck. He then said ok sir I will check in consumables. Finally, he changed the little bulb and charged me Rs. 129 plus tax for the bulb only.
    Another time, I paid them for wheel alignment and wheel balancing. Car was working reasonably ok before this service. Afterwards, it started drifting to the left. I took it back and they kept the car for fullday and in the evening he tried to show is graciousness by saying sir alignment was ok, there was problem of tyre rotation. We did the tyre rotation for free in good will. Then he explained to me the complicated system technicalities of tyre rotation.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List