Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Join Pak Wheels after 3 years and now looking for sincere advice from Pak wheelers

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Join Pak Wheels after 3 years and now looking for sincere advice from Pak wheelers

Hi Guys,
    I used to be a regular Pak wheeler three years back.In 2007 i went to Australia for doing my Master degree.during my stay i couldn't get a chance to come back.Now I am very happy to be in my country.
    Luckily PW was keeping the old database so i got connected again.
    Well things have changed a lot specially prices went so high i never imagined.
    Before leaving Aus i sold my car (Holden Commodore) and thought i am gonna get some good vehicle for the money(4.40 lacs) i got after selling Holden.
    So wat i bought is 850cc 2005 model coure ,before i was driving 3.8 ltr V8 ...anyways it's a good small car and very economical but I am looking for something more reliable on highways and must have resale and cheap spare parts, my budget is around 5.25lac MAX

I came across with some options with certain limitations i need ur sincere advice on choosing vehicles having excellent mechanical reliability and less maintainability

1-Mini Pajero 98 model above
    2-Pajero Junior
    3-Gemni Sierra (over Potohar frame)
    4- Alto 2007-8 model
    5- Santro
    6-Chevrolet Joy/Ex 2005-2006
    7- City 99

Other option

I am also thinking to spend some money on my coure to make it more reliable right now it's missing alloy+new tyres ,rare shocks are weak,brakes need some investment.
    some sounds coming from doors,otherwise engine and body is perfect
    doing 150km(AC) with 8kg cylinder.

I'll appreciate if you guys help me out with valid suggestion
    Cheers,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Welcome back bro after a long while !!!
    btw i would prefer city 99,fast,nice brakes,good in road grip,nice suspensions worth full ride !!!
    http://www.darsequran.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

welcome back bro n i think u should go fr city 99 or santro ..........
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Thanx Guys

Thanks for populating this forum with your suggestions.I know city 99 is superior technology as compared to others but it's very hard to get some good one with low mileage but I'll keep my search ON

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro get city **** all ..

pakistan mei gari ki prices already high hain .. if u buy 2008 alto .. then its much better to have city .. get a decent looking car with cng installed. n must mahool mei ghomo
    EnCarDyLe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looking at the options that you have suggested I think the best car for you would be the 99 City as it meets all your needs, i.e. reliability and maintenance facilitation, good on highways etc. The reasons for disqualifying the remaining models are as follows on the basis of my point of view and what I have heard from friends, in the end the final decision is yours:

1-Mini Pajero 98 model above
    Expensive parts, not widely available, maintenance parts are also on the higher side, often abused, engines do not have an exceptional longevity and these factors are all contributors towards their low resale value. The engines do need a lot of care and timley maintenance, I have heard very frequently of blown turboes and expensive replacement, a bit underpowered for the motorway and blocky shape makes it sway in cross winds

2-Pajero Junior
    Great reviews, good engine, maintenance parts etc are available albeit a bit on the expensive side as are all mitsubishi parts, body parts are few and far apart thus expensive (head and tail lights, indicator, front grill etc), if you can afford the maintenance then a pretty good all rounder

3-Gemni Sierra (over Potohar frame)
    Horrible suspension unless its the coil sprung model, avoid the leaf sprung model at any cost, at the slightest dip or bump on the road the car will become airborne, if you're going for a genuine Jimny Sierra they're not too bad but top speed is not that great and accelleration is cumbersome, which makes them very dull on the motorway

4- Alto 2007-8 model
    Quite thirsty on the motorway with the AC on at high revs, you already have a Cuore which is a better driving vehicle in this category, I wouldnt get 2 cars in the same category, also comes with a host of annoying rattles and squeaks in due course, I hated mine but a lot of people love theirs...

5- Santro
    Aparently delicate electrical components, plenty of problems in older models, sensors clog up and the car acts all funny, I have never owned one myself though so this is just what a friend said about his although he really used to drive like a saint and took a lot of care of his santro but started having a lot of electrical issues after 25k km, and last but not least they're all butt ugly...

6-Chevrolet Joy/Ex 2005-2006
    Dont know anyone who's owned one so cant say

7- City 99
    Great car, very comfy, great pick, good economy, the first generation Honda City established the City market in Pak, has all the basics electrics and power steering etc, good respectable looking family saloon, still very well regarded despite its age thus plenty of buyers, spares and maintenance parts are reasonably priced, more expensive than Suzuki but cheaper than Mitsu and widely available

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List