Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinions!! Prado 4.0 or Range Rover Vogue???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need Opinions!! Prado 4.0 or Range Rover Vogue???

hellooo all of u!
    guys i have 4.0L Prado TZ 2005 model & m willing to sell it to buy BMW 6 Series... i got an option for a key to key exchange with 2004 Range Rover VOGUE... so i need ur worthy opinions,if i should go for it or not?
    I will post the pics of both cars now!

Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90360 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90361 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90362 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90363 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90364 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90365 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90366 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90367 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90368 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90369 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90370 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90371 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90372 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90373 Need Opinions!! Prado 40 or Range Rover Vogue??? -90374

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    I am totally amazed by reading that Prado and Range Rover are "in a same league" or "equal", that is totally unimaginable.

We are comparing "The mighty Range Rover" with bread and butter Prado.

Its like comparing a Indus 2.0D with a 2005 VTI.
    if you are refering to my post,.. please read it again. i said the range was in the same league as the cruiser, not the prado. and it's be like comparing a 5series to an S-class as the 5 is one size-class down.

also you have probably been maintaining your car regularly,.. this (as i mentioned earlier) will save larger bills later, but ther eis no guarantee that the range has been maintained. Also MB parts don't fail as easily as range rover parts do, and since MBs are common in PK the parts are cheaper to source. for proof, just go and compare the prices of a brake master cylinders of both the W211 and the RR.

@anyone who thinks rangerovers are very reliable
    please, go ahead and buy one, only then will you see what we mean. many of my friends have had range rovers adn many times i've seen what happens to these vehicles.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

choice is yours as every member did there job as far as im concerned ill take prado ONLY if its without the mercury colored plastics (some call it chrome) and some Barqi Qumqumay.
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know I am chiming in late, but let me be blunt: The Range Rover is an over-priced, unreliable, badly engineered piece of crap compared to the Prado.

I know this based on facts and experience. People who disagree are sold more on the image than the merit of the Range Rover.

Buy a Range Rover at your own risk. You have been suitably warned.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mauoof If price is same or plus minus a little thn why NGO's, UN, Embassies etc have LCs n Prados instead of RR? because they want a daily workhorse i.e toyota... RR is good if you have another surf or prado at your house. But again prado looks good when stock with light tints on all windows or some ORIGINAL lips n skirts. and you also have chances to get mark levinson premium hi fi system which one gets in cygnus
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

Sir

"Prado is a "LandCruiser".

When my 22 years old 300,000 Rs Accord does not need a brake cylinder, why would a 90 Grand Range Rover will, after only 75K kms?

You are treating it worse then a Suzuki, if your friends have a bad experience there might be a reason, who knows if they were drifting their Range Rover or trying to do a 360 degree slide. "

In Pakistan I have seen people putting Shell Helix HX3 (Laal dabba) in their new Civics, none of us even reads the car manual.

@mauoof

Sir

Everyone is saying that Range Rover is a crap and unreliable car, no one is sharing his/her experience of unreliability or car failure.

That Toyota LC120 Prado has a notorious reputation of broken front suspensions.

Toyota has recalled 8M cars because of Cruise control and ABS problems, yet you all think that it is built like an AUDI.

Even a 300+ grands RR Phantom has sometimes defective pieces, how can you say that any car is fault free.

@Legal_rebel

Sir

NGO's, UN, Embassies use Prado because it is cheap, and less engineered, they never use a Cygnus or a Porsche Cayenne, they are not Pakistani Ministers who can spend goverment funds on a 100 Grands vehicle.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RANGE ROVER (y)

Ankh band karkay range rover lo bhai!! Prado 4.0 no matter luxury edition even cant compare to the range rover though vogue is low on quality compared to rangerover line but still it;s way above prado

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

I had seen a 2005 Prado, standing on DHA Phase 5, the day storm strikes on coast with hood up, 2 boys trying to get the ignition right.

Never seen a LandRover standing on a roadside with Hood up in my whole life, and I have seen the original Landrover (40 years old) running.

Can you elaborate the "Maintenance" cost, like what? a person who drives a Prado will not bang his SUV in anything, neither the A/C will stop working in 40C.

Fuel cost/ oils cost/ HId's cost, Bluetooth will stop working or what?

These cars do not need maintenance, I still have a W202 in Karachi and I used to maintain it from Shahnawaz, I am not bankrupted yet.

I do not read reviews, I only drive cars, I have driven a rented LR2 from Edmonton to Toronto (7 days) in a sometime -40C temperature, the car never shut down on me.

I am totally amazed by reading that Prado and Range Rover are "in a same league" or "equal", that is totally unimaginable.

We are comparing "The mighty Range Rover" with bread and butter Prado.

Its like comparing a Indus 2.0D with a 2005 VTI.

Regards
    Sir the reason you saw Prado with hood up and not rover because, there are much more Prados here in pk then Rover's.. I mean that like for every 4th or 5th prado there is one range rover.. and this is why you didn't see it..

40 yrs old running land rover... well i can't speak much about that because if any car is maintained properly and kept with extensive care then it may go on for generations....

Parts of rover are more expensive, like the air filters, brake shoes, headlights, oils, etc. then that of prado...

I totally agree with you about the prado being an indus 2.0d and rover being an 04 VTI.. but the thing is that he's not choosing between two different cars, he's choosing from one car which is the top of the line model, driven under his supervision and maintained throughout by himself, and then you have the range rover which is twice as much as driven, has lack of mechanics to repair it in Pakistan... parts availability can be an issue for this car...

And i beleive that you drove 7 days trip on the rover, and it didnot break down, but the meaning of un-reliability does not mean that chances are it will always break down. It means that there are more chances of it breaking down then the prado.. Not every range rover has problems, not every range rover has issues, but the specific one has more chances of having problems then the opposing car, ie Prado...
    hope you understood my point
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

That means we are presuming that this Range rover has not been kept well.

Then the discussion is over.

"Parts of rover are more expensive, like the air filters, brake shoes, headlights, oils, etc. then that of prado..."

Air Filter after 20K Km K&N E9269 5,950 Rs

Brake Shoe 40k Km EBC 6000 series 10,900 Rs (If needed).

Oil/filter 10K km Mobil 1 with Mobil Filter 5,000 Rs (good for 15K easily)

You can get the stuff from Plaza, I do not think the Prado will be much cheaper.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wud strongly recommend u to stick with Prado for the following...

1. Reliability (Toyota is way more reliable)
    2. Cheaper maintenance
    3. Easy resale
    4. You will loose money because Vogue which has clocked 76k is not worth key to key xchange with a 4 litre vvti Prado (its a gem)

However, had it been a RR Sport, decision wud hv been a tough one coz RR Sport's drive quality could have compensated all of above...

Regards...
    its not the size of dog in a fight... its size of FIGHT in the dog!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

IGR-FE is a gem and BMW M62 which powered the 740IL is a piece of cake?

There is a Day Night difference between the Engine, Transmission, Suspension and Braking of Range Rover and Lexus GX, let alone the lesser expensive PRADO, Range Rover is way superior in all areas.

Prado can be fun to drive due to its small size but we are not comparing sports cars here.

Range Rover sports is cheaper and has less off road capabilities.

If a person wants only driving fun a 325I or RX8 can leave them all in dust.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

IGR-FE is a gem and BMW M62 which powered the 740IL is a piece of cake?

There is a Day Night difference between the Engine, Transmission, Suspension and Braking of Range Rover and Lexus GX, let alone the lesser expensive PRADO, Range Rover is way superior in all areas.

Prado can be fun to drive due to its small size but we are not comparing sports cars here.

Range Rover sports is cheaper and has less off road capabilities.

If a person wants only driving fun a 325I or RX8 can leave them all in dust.

Regards

Dear! I gave him my opinion. We are not arguing with one another. He wants our opinions.

Its not about engine only. MBs, BMs and LRs die of their own weight. And if we can somehow manage to get out of this ''show off'' phobia, I have my humble opinion that Toyotas are superior to these xpensive for nothing cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

I totally respect your opinion.

But Toyota is not anyway better then BMW, Mercedes or Rolls or Range Rover, they are all premium brands.

You cannot get out of this "show off" phobia by driving a 4M Prado.

Just because we live in a 3rd world country with corrupt politicians and failed economy we cannot say that these brands are expensive for nothing just because we cannot afford them.

regards
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

Just because we live in a 3rd world country with corrupt politicians and failed economy we cannot say that these brands are expensive for nothing just because we cannot afford them.

regards
    Alhamdolillah I have kept them. Not all but enough to make an opinion. And I have found Toyota to be MOST VALUE FOR MONEY other than the show off thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

prado is best because when you go to northern areas of pakistan if there will be any problem the mechanics will be easy to fix in prado but range rover engine is totally different.Prado's interior is more good.Go for prado bcz of its excellent resale value,parts availability,maintainence and show off

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

Sir

"Prado is a "LandCruiser".

When my 22 years old 300,000 Rs Accord does not need a brake cylinder, why would a 90 Grand Range Rover will, after only 75K kms?

You are treating it worse then a Suzuki, if your friends have a bad experience there might be a reason, who knows if they were drifting their Range Rover or trying to do a 360 degree slide. "

In Pakistan I have seen people putting Shell Helix HX3 (Laal dabba) in their new Civics, none of us even reads the car manual.
    when i'm talking about the "cruiser" i mean the real land cruiser, not this wannabe cruiser, the prado is as much a real land cruiser as a vitz is,.. which means it is not,.. no matter what the badge on the back says. the prado, surf, fortuner, vigo and FJ40 all share their platform. the real cruisers have nothing to do with them.

the brake master cylinder is notorious for failing in the range rover - speaking from experience. As for the way i'm treating it,.. anyone who has ever experienced a range rover (anywhere in the world) will know how unreliable they are, price has nothing to do with reliability. And do you really think that my friends do 360's or "drifting" in their range rovers? seriously? are you even reading what you are writing?

Everyone is saying that Range Rover is a crap and unreliable car, no one is sharing his/her experience of unreliability or car failure.
    .. yet those who do share their experiences are racers, stunt drivers and drifters.

now are you speaking from experience? or just refusing to accept that rangerovers are unreliable since it is a so-called "premium brand".
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

First get your facts right.

I am not talking about platform sharing.

Get the world's perspective, not what you presume siting in Islamabad.

The Prado is a Land Cruiser, it is called Land Cruiser Prado in Canada and US, you should have clearly write a Prado, even In UK Prado is called Land Cruiser and your real "Land Cruiser" is called Land Cruiser V8.

I am free to think whatever I want and I can write it as long as I do not violate any PW rule, that was only a thought and you should not lose your temper on that.

Why do not you give any picture or repair bill or any tangible prove of yours and your friend's experience (anywhere around the world) with a Range Rover, even a purchase bill of any part will be suffice.

Price has everything to do with reliability, a 100 grands 7 series can never be less reliable then a 25K 1 series, In other parts of the world people spend their money wisely, you cannot sell XLI with manual windows and Cultus in Canada for 16K $ and 12K $ to a sane person.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think that the OP should post his thoughts on the feedback so far, since it is his thread and his money.

It may not be a bad idea to suggest to anybody wishing to get into an argument not related to this thread about what is or is not a real Land Cruiser can consider taking their thoughts elsewhere at PW.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL! You think i don't know the difference between a colorado and an amazon? would you rather i start shooting off chassis codes or will that confuse you further? stop falling prey to advertizing. no matter how many land cruiser badges they put on the prado/colorado,.. it's still not a real land cruiser.

you want proof, ok, contact Damriol, his range rovers brake master cylinder failed when he was driving it. It cost him around 4 lacks to replace it with a new one. You want more proof, contact Mr. Panni at at sigma motors who has had to fix countless vehicles due to poor electronics. I used to have a land rover and every time i went to get an oil changed or something at sigma i saw brand new range rovers parked up with faults. many other members have also prooven that these cars are unreliable, i'm sure you can use the internet. please do a search for range rover reliability,... alternatively since you are in the UK feel free to ask the partners (like Barry Marshall & Ian Powell) at PwC for their feedback, i'm sure at least one of them has had a range rover...

next time you choose to "discuss", learn to talk with some respect to your elders - yes as you said we are free to say what we want as long as we don't break the rules of the site (which i was the one to initially write BTW).

now stick with the topic or the rules will be enforced. "range rover or prado"

Sir

First get your facts right.

I am not talking about platform sharing.

Get the world's perspective, not what you presume siting in Islamabad.

The Prado is a Land Cruiser, it is called Land Cruiser Prado in Canada and US, you should have clearly write a Prado, even In UK Prado is called Land Cruiser and your real "Land Cruiser" is called Land Cruiser V8.

I am free to think whatever I want and I can write it as long as I do not violate any PW rule, that was only a thought and you should not lose your temper on that.

Why do not you give any picture or repair bill or any tangible prove of yours and your friend's experience (anywhere around the world) with a Range Rover, even a purchase bill of any part will be suffice.

Price has everything to do with reliability, a 100 grands 7 series can never be less reliable then a 25K 1 series, In other parts of the world people spend their money wisely, you cannot sell XLI with manual windows and Cultus in Canada for 16K $ and 12K $ to a sane person.

Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    I think that the OP should post his thoughts on the feedback so far, since it is his thread and his money.

It may not be a bad idea to suggest to anybody wishing to get into an argument not related to this thread about what is or is not a real Land Cruiser can consider taking their thoughts elsewhere at PW.

Please let me repeat:

Aw come on guys, cool it please.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

I am very sorry to hurt your feelings.

I request apologies for that.

Range Rover is unreliable.

May God bless long and happy live to our elders.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List