Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default corolla Altis or Gli

my dear fellows
    i am planning to buy new car i have these two options Gli or Altis people tel go for Gli but it nearly costs 1.5million whether Altis is for same costs 1.7 million which is fully loaded but i am totaly confused.i would like you guys to help me out from this situation.Your advice will be appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Altis with triptronic transmission wold be lot more better and fun
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hassnainsethi89

Sir

Gli is not at all suitable for Highway, even in city, it is mild at best, there is more then 60% power in an Altis, plus you do not have to change the rims with alloys and sound system.

After 5 years down the line, with 5 peoples sitting and luggage, at daytime 40C with A/C on CNG, GLI will be trying to breath heavily, like 5 years old XLI/GLI and White Cabs do on highways and City now and people in Shehzore, Swift and Alto will be giving you high beams and horns.

Altis can run circles around a GLI.

If you are on budget, go for XLI.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanku very much 959 for ur quick response now my conclusion is to go for altis.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    @OP You are at full liberty to buy whatever you want
    after reading all the comments in this thread I think people have given you enough information about both variants,
    The more you get into facts and calculations the more you get confused
    make a decision and go for it
    good luck
    thanks daniyal bro i am going to buy altis.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all the altis won't be costing you 1.7 million, it'll definitely reach 20 if not higher.
    The gli isn't that much underpowered as people think it is. I'd suggest that you should test drive both and decide.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GLI is definitely under powered if we compare it to Altis... fficeffice" />

Compare GLI with any other 1300 CC cars and you'll notice it’s not that much under powered as we are thinking.

I've a City IDSI.. One of my colleagues has City I-vtech (latest model) and the other one has Corolla XLI VVTI (latest model) we went to check the cars on motorway few months back. Both cars were eating my IDSI like anything... whether we start it from 2nd gear or 3rd.... No doubt New City was fastest among these cars but the difference between XLI and City was not that much and XLI was very close to City's rear bumper all the time...

Had a drag with XLI on my City IDSI and from 1st to 2nd gear we were going in parallel then suddenly XLI had a boost and all I can do is just eat its dust and my colleague said that he forgot to switch off A/C initially

New XLI is still under powered? Or IDSI is the king of under powered cars?

LOL I've started a Honda Toyota War again
    Life is too short to be pissed-off. We are Not Enemies but Friends.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Comparing a VVti with i-DSi is not wise. I-DSI is an engine which is only for over driver. In the sense, it will happily give you 22km/l if kept in a nice condtion. Where as this VVTI only gives 15 km/l that too at max. So the conclusion is that if one is worried about average fuel consumbtion, then Idsi is way to go otherwise its a tie between VVTI gli and I-vtec city
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you should go with GLI it is a perfect car.

All who are saying Gli is underpowered are saying in caparison with ALTIS

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan400 View Post
    T

Despite of fuel average I found GLi is under power especially in mountain area even you can compare its performance on motorway at salt range area. Altis can easily climb @ 4th gear without any trouble with Ac no gear shift required. But for GLi sometimes you need to go down to 2nd gear to maintain speed.
    I visited Shogran in March 10 and my brand new GLi is hardly climb in 1 gear sometimes I need to switch off the AC but in June 10 again I visit to Shogran on ALTIS its easily climb in 2nd gear with AC.
    ALTIS is equipped with AIR BAG, Optitron Meter, Reading Lights, Wooden Panels, Alloy rims, Side Skirts, Colored mud flaps & door handles, Door moldings, 2 Extra speakers etc.
    Down shifting is not a problem or is it ?
    obiously if you are in a bigger gear like in 5th and doing around 60 or 70 car will take time to power up if you floor it and if you want instant power then down shift.

mostly the 1.3 corolla No matter what speed you are at if the Rpm is under 2 then it will just be dull untill Rpm crosses 3.
    then it is in power band.

OP i would only suggest altis if you are thinking of auto transmission other wise i would say buy the GLI
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Altis with triptronic transmission wold be lot more better and fun
    Sir this triptronic term is very misleading ....and its not fun either....its nothin like that u change it manually like it was in city 1.5 ...its just u can limit the car to drive in 1,2 ,3 or ,4 gears u can only limit the number of gears car is going to run not that u can upshift or down shift (although u can but it will take ur concentration from road to meter).....i realised it also after driving mine for one month .......

@Poster
    Little bro you are confussing ur self by comparing 1.3 with 1.8 and then comparing 1.3 with 1.0 ......also note its not only the price of fuel but also road tax and registration cost which is going to be higher ......just donot look at factory price also price for insurrance will be high............
    I just came back after paying 6900 as token for altis (it hurts)......i think its less for 1.3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sars View Post
    Sir this triptronic term is very misleading ....and its not fun either....its nothin like that u change it manually like it was in city 1.5 ...its just u can limit the car to drive in 1,2 ,3 or ,4 gears u can only limit the number of gears car is going to run not that u can upshift or down shift (although u can but it will take ur concentration from road to meter).....i realised it also after driving mine for one month .......

@Poster
    Little bro you are confussing ur self by comparing 1.3 with 1.8 and then comparing 1.3 with 1.0 ......also note its not only the price of fuel but also road tax and registration cost which is going to be higher ......just donot look at factory price also price for insurrance will be high............
    I just came back after paying 6900 as token for altis (it hurts)......i think its less for 1.3
    thanku all u want to say is that gli is a better option financially but if u want to have fun then u have altis how is its drive as compared to gli

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

everybody plz just give me solution which one to buy.just let me know which one is the best one to buy.i am waiting for ur good response

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

-cost effective solution. low maintenance cost. low annual token (around rs2200), decent family car. decent pickup (for a family car) - GLI

-better safety features (air bags). good pickup. high maintenance and annual running cost. high annual token (around rs4500 in islamabad), good family car - ALTIS

keep in mind. dont think of either of the two cars as a sports car that you will use in drag races. if ur buying the car for family use, than both GLI and Altis are good - because they are both family cars.

if you will be going to hilly areas alot with your family, than i will advise you to go for altis. otherwise GLI is fine.

but at the end of the day, if i had the money, i would go for Altis
    The SUB will do what the BOX tells it to do!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you want daily city driving go for XLi or city.They are economical and daily performer
    For me Gli is overpriced
    I wont buy a 1.3 car at about 15 lacs
    If you can spend more go for altis or civic.They are not economical but are powerful machines comparatively and are good on long routes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you quote Gli as being 15 lac...than a civic is around 18-19 lac depending on the variant. for some people 3 lac is alot. and not everyone is going to go around drag racing...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lafafa View Post
    you quote Gli as being 15 lac...than a civic is around 18-19 lac depending on the variant. for some people 3 lac is alot. and not everyone is going to go around drag racing...
    civic base model is for 16.20 lacs and altis for 17
    and gli like 14.30
    certainly a difference of 2 lacs but you got air bags,bigger engine,alloys and other good features
    i don't mind getting these features in Gli with the price tag of 15 lacs though
    If you can afford a good car then go for it whether be it a merc,bmws,audis,etc..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by H.S.N View Post
    and gli like 14.30
    certainly a difference of 2 lacs but you got air bags,bigger engine,alloys and other good features
    If you can afford a good car then go for it whether be it a merc,bmws,audis,etc..
    Are they offering Airbags in Civic base model?
    Are they offering Alloys with the civic base model?
    I dont think so,
    To me there is no difference externally between civic,s base model and a gli except for the engine
    P.S (I would love to be corrected if Im wrong. )
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Are they offering Airbags in Civic base model?
    Are they offering Alloys with the civic base model?
    I dont think so,
    To me there is no difference externally between civic,s base model and a gli except for the engine
    P.S (I would love to be corrected if Im wrong. )
    U are correct
    u should buy which you feel is better because it depends on your preferences
    Every car here is over priced
    I may opt for a bicycle in future...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@airomerix

Very nice explanation there.

@daniyalahmad

Sir drive a Civic and you will know, where does that money goes, the R18 engine Gearbox, suspensions, steering response and cabin feel is way above GLI.

@H.S.N
    and gli like 14.30
    That was very well said.

@Lafafa

-better safety features (air bags). good pickup. high maintenance and annual running cost. high annual token (around rs4500 in islamabad), good family car - ALTIS
    Sir ver well explained but maintenance costs are same and running costs are within a 10-15% limit.

Base Civic is available for 1690K.

@jehanzeb_riaz

Compare GLI with new cars not with 5 years or 7 years old car, or a car with same or higher price tag, what about comparing it with a Swift or new City or even an old Lancer.

@hassnainsethi89

Sir ,if yopu can afford it, buy the TOP Altis, you will get leather seating, Crusie Contorl, Alloys, Better sound system, SRS airbag, Automatic, SR, a 1.8L engine, rev limiter and you will definitely get some identity among other Corolla Owners.

I think that is much for 500K, if you do not want to spend that much, get the base Altis and save 200K (which I will not recommend).

People like us encourages companies to use ancient engines and technology, they are using the engine for 8 years and probably will use it for next 4 years, even countries like China is not using that engine.

Have we ever thought why they can sell a GLI for low cost compare to a Civic, except for the body frame, everything is same.

Even a 4E FE of a 18 years old Corolla was much better in response and fuel economy and that was bolted on a car, which was 200kgs lighter.

The Corolla has gone as big as an Accord of 4 Generation back which used a 1.8L 120hp engine, but our modest fans keep on insisting that they are happy with 2nz fe.

We use to curse Suzuki for not updating anything, but they are offering a world class engine in Swift, with more then 10% more power and torque, in a car weghing 20% less and priced at 40% less.

Now the choice is yours, you can buy a car with nearly double the power and a lot more features or you can settle for a GLI.

Buy a nice car, you never know that the 11th gen XLI in 2014 will have a price tag of 2 million with manual windows and the same 2nz fe with a car size nearly equal to the 8th gen Camry to justify the more car per price philoshpy.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in pakistan, majority of us want Road presence/size of the car rather than a better engine, safety, comfort etc.

anyway, i think altis is a great car. if the poster has the money, he should definitely go for it hands down. however, if money is a concern, than GLi is good enough. atleast as a pakistani family sedan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

by the the way, most of the cars are not just over priced because of these giant automakers, but rather because of the govt's crazy duty and taxation structure. even the current hike in suzuki (and honda/toyota will follow) is because of 1% increase in GST and FED on car ACs.

so get your cars now. cause soon pak govt will impose FEDs on power steering, digital meters, car audio, seats, lights, windscreen etc etc....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List