57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread

Lets compare the different generations of Civic.

Despite a few newer models up, many of us still fancy the 5th generation over the 6th, or even 7th generation Civics. This is the thread to shower your inputs based upon experience with any of the Civics you've driven, or owned.

It starts with a few comments posted in a civic for sale thread which I'll be importing, we can continue from there onwards.

The 5th

Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - Picture 3571

The 6th

Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - civic6thgensilvercoupe5ib

The 7th

Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - IMG 9185

The 8th

Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - 01

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=airomerix;2302310]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post

We were surprised too. The 1.6 VTEC was a VERY thirsty car. Same goes for 6th Generation.
    My 1.6 Auto (2000) is giving me 14.5-15 on highways, and 11 in the city. And I don't drive with a light foot. I wouldn't call that thirsty, at all.

No experience with the 7th gen VTi, the 7th gen EXi gave 140km in one cylinder on highway, and 110 in the city (if that says anything)
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=bango;2302332]
    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post

My 1.6 Auto (2000) is giving me 14.5-15 on highways, and 11 in the city. And I don't drive with a light foot. I wouldn't call that thirsty, at all.

No experience with the 7th gen VTi, the 7th gen EXi gave 140km in one cylinder on highway, and 110 in the city (if that says anything)
    6th generation was alot better then 7th generation. 7th generation ripped our cash off!
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all,
    airomerix is right here abt the fuel consumption comparison b/w 7th and 8th gen. civics. i have both the 7th and 8th gen i know exactly what airomerix is talking abt and for ur ppl's kind info. i have been keeping civics from 1999 and we have kept each and every model of civic except the 2001-2002 wala model which had black interior but that car was no diff. from the our 2003 vti oriel so yeah i with AIROMERIx on the fuel consumption part. My civic 04 gives hardly 12-13kml/ltr on highways whereas the new civic gives us 15km/ltr quite easily even if fully loaded

And for the 6th gen. there is no question that it has been the best civic ever produced in Pakistan till now, 8th gen is better in terms of technology obviously but 6th gen. was way ahead of its time in terms of handling,looks and interior looks so gracefull in black if kept properly. If u even ask my mother if which 1 she like the most from all our civics she wud without a doubt say the 1999 vti oriel we kept that for arnd 7 years and man i still cudn't forget that car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bango,
    bro u have uploaded the wrong pic of the 8th gen. civic, thats the usdm model, u shud have uploaded the jdm 1, that looks way better and sporty.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and for the handling of the 7th gen. civic i must say that bcoz of it's high ground clearence it does not feels smooth at high speeds if only the driver in the car or 1 more person sitting, but if there is some more load in the car then it really drives so smooth and doest not leave the road at really high speeds aswell. i had my 04 civic lowered for some time and guys trust me handling was makhan(butter) then there was so much grip and almost zero body rollover . same was the case with the new civic as i had lowered it also for some time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

8th gen is a lot better then 6th gen and slightly inferior to 7th Gen.

Engine: 8th gen has the best engine on paper, but in real world it has to push the heaviest car and it has some minor reliability issues with some vibration, 6th Gen VTI has the best power to weight ratio.

1. 7th Gen 3 stage VTEC.
    2. 6th Gen VTEC.
    3. 1.8L IVTEC.

SUSPENSION: On paper 6th gen is clear winner with double wishbone all around, in reality 7th gen has best suspensions, 8th gen has pretty much the same tuning and lower centre of gravity but it has lost the agility due to size and weight.

1. 7th gen.
    2. 8th gen.
    3. 6th gen.

Steering: 7th generation has the razor sharp steering, 6th gen also has a weighty steering, 8th gen EPS is hopeless.

1. 7th gen.
    2. 6th gen.
    3. 8th gen.

Gearbox: 8th gen has clear superiority, no matter auto or manual.

1. 8th gen.
    2. 7th gen.
    3. 6th gen.

Room and erogonomics: 8th gen Civic has more front room, rear leg room is shorter (if someone does not believe, get the measurement tape), trunk space is less, 6th gen lags behind, they have discontinued the UG version, the digital double decker dash is only good for spaceships and video games and 3 spoke steering looks more sporty then the car really is (they ruined the pleasure by using it in countless other Hondas), visibility is destroyed by A pillars and is really difficult for ladies and short people.

1. 7th gen.
    2 tie between 6th and 8th gen (due to more room and flat floor but erogonomicaly absurd and no leather)

Speed and Aerodynamics: 8th gen has the best drag with .31, that nearly matches my 1988 Accord (after 20 years), but it has lost the high speed stability (nearly 5-10%), it is nearly 10km/hr faster, but I would still keep the old civic for high speed.

1. 7th gen Civic.
    2. 8th gen.
    3. 6th gen.

Handling/Ride and braking: 7th gen wins here, ride is also better, braking is also better because of less weight and mass, to hide the mass 8th gen has stiff setting that gets firm ride.

1. 7th gen.
    2. 8th gen.
    3. 6th gen.

Fuel economy: No questions asked 6th gen was best, 8th gen can gain some grounds on highway due to better drag but could not get equal mileage.

1. 6th gen.
    2. 7th gen.
    3. 8th gen.

In my opinion in Pakistan 6th gen was best for its time, but 7th gen will be remembered for its superiority for many years to come (I do not think they can better it even in the 9th gen).

5th gen Civic was the technological breakthrough, with ABS, DOHC and E VTEC, racing treatment, Airbags and Aerodynamic aids kicking in.

Open for discussion.
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    1st = 6th
    2nd = 8th
    3rd = 5th
    4th = 7th

+1
    I cried because I had no TURBO, until I met a person who had no VTEC

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup drive the car at 90-100kph in 5th gear.
    Lower RPM,s = better fuel economy but I still doubt that it can do 15km/litre.
    If it can that its great (Y)
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have a 6th generation, and it became the reason of why i hate suzuki or any other car.
    jay sakoon nahi..te chaer k vekh (A Random Shehzore 2012)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeejigs View Post
    6th generation was an ultimate machine!!!!!!!!!hate 8th gen but 7th gen is good!
    Yaar humare khayalaat kitne milte hain

Even though I dont HATE 8th gen, (I like it) but I still like 6th and 7th gen more than 8th gen.
    Why?
    Even I dont have the answer to this question.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Comparassion between 7th Gen Vti Oriel Prosmatec and 8th Gen Oriel Prosmatec

Looks

Both cars are excellent looking. The 7th generations rear gives a bit Audish look where as the 8th generation front gives a view of some hungry SHARK!

Engine

Both cars have nice engines but 1.6 VTEC is not that fuel efficient if we compare it with 1.8 ivtec. Our 1.6 used to gives us 10 on highway where as 1.8 is giving us 14/15

Acceleration of both cars was fantastic, but 1.8 is way more faster then 1.6.
    But sadly 8th generation Civic has alot of problems with engine quality, its bearings and mountings are kind of substandard and they wear of earlier. Where as 7th generation is relatively trouble free car when it comes to engine.

Brakes,

Both the cars have excellent brakes. No complains

Interior,

Here the 8th generation takes the lead due to its nicely styled cockpit with sporty steering and YUMMMY RPM meter. Where as 7th Generation gives a look of a more Luxury vehical rather then sporty due to its 4 spoke steering that too with beige interior.

Capacity,

8th generation is more spacious and roomy. Its trunk is very large aswell. But 7th generation donnot dissappoints either but the leg room of back passengers is a big short.

Toys

8th generation wins this segment hands down, thanks to 5 maplights, Option of AUX (Although it donnot comes Stock but it looks in indash player) and above all the 6 Indash Mp3 player where as in 7th generation, it has only 10 din audio player that too under the seat. Further more the quality of soundsystem in 8G civic is also more nice , thanks to 4 Speakers and 2 tweeters.

Suspension;

Both have similar suspension but 8G civic having low ground clearence has a disadvantage which makes it suspension more prone to damages caused by speed breakers and khaddas. Where as on the highway, 8G civic just hugs the road and then no worries.

This is my dads experiience, i asked him questions and he was answering so this is it.
    I own a 7th gen 03 civic vti oriel at the moment.Btw very well said but few things i wana clarify.

7th gen original alloys are better then 8th & 6th gen civic alloys and i prefer 7th gens meter.It gives a sporty look and a 8th gens meter is like one is sitting in a electrical car.Still not bad.6th gen meter sucks.Goes dim like a mehrans meter after some time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Lower RPM,s = better fuel economy but I still doubt that it can do 15km/litre.
    If it can that its great (Y)
    Well I and 309 both have recorded this average. Lets see if any other 8G civic owner has experieced it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice thread bango Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - icon14 ... i wish i could participate fully but i 've driven only 7th gen civic (EXi prosmatic) ... it was an auto so not much fun but ride was great,.. loved it Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - icon14 ..

i also think that 7th gen is the best looking civic so far .. to me at least ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ahsaan7 View Post
    I own a 7th gen 03 civic vti oriel at the moment.Btw very well said but few things i wana clarify.

7th gen original alloys are better then 8th & 6th gen civic alloys and i prefer 7th gens meter.It gives a sporty look and a 8th gens meter is like one is sitting in a electrical car.Still not bad.6th gen meter sucks.Goes dim like a mehrans meter after some time.
    I agree with Alloys, the 2001-2003 Vti had best allows (5 spoke Farrari type). And those which came afterwords were just average. 8G has better alloys if we compare it to those.

As for electric car, personal liking is also a factor, 7th gen had a very nice tachometer aswell.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    i also think that 7th gen is the best looking civic so far .. to me at least ..
    i second you bro. specially the eagle eye variant. but the front of the 8 gen is also very much tempting.
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@airomerix: eagle eye or the cat eye one? both had different speedo's
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    Sir

8th gen is a lot better then 6th gen and slightly inferior to 7th Gen.

Engine: 8th gen has the best engine on paper, but in real world it has to push the heaviest car and it has some minor reliability issues with some vibration, 6th Gen VTI has the best power to weight ratio.

1. 7th Gen 3 stage VTEC.
    2. 6th Gen VTEC.
    3. 1.8L IVTEC.

SUSPENSION: On paper 6th gen is clear winner with double wishbone all around, in reality 7th gen has best suspensions, 8th gen has pretty much the same tuning and lower centre of gravity but it has lost the agility due to size and weight.

1. 7th gen.
    2. 8th gen.
    3. 6th gen.

Steering: 7th generation has the razor sharp steering, 6th gen also has a weighty steering, 8th gen EPS is hopeless.

1. 7th gen.
    2. 6th gen.
    3. 8th gen.

Gearbox: 8th gen has clear superiority, no matter auto or manual.

1. 8th gen.
    2. 7th gen.
    3. 6th gen.

Room and erogonomics: 8th gen Civic has more front room, rear leg room is shorter (if someone does not believe, get the measurement tape), trunk space is less, 6th gen lags behind, they have discontinued the UG version, the digital double decker dash is only good for spaceships and video games and 3 spoke steering looks more sporty then the car really is (they ruined the pleasure by using it in countless other Hondas), visibility is destroyed by A pillars and is really difficult for ladies and short people.

1. 7th gen.
    2 tie between 6th and 8th gen (due to more room and flat floor but erogonomicaly absurd and no leather)

Speed and Aerodynamics: 8th gen has the best drag with .31, that nearly matches my 1988 Accord (after 20 years), but it has lost the high speed stability (nearly 5-10%), it is nearly 10km/hr faster, but I would still keep the old civic for high speed.

1. 7th gen Civic.
    2. 8th gen.
    3. 6th gen.

Handling/Ride and braking: 7th gen wins here, ride is also better, braking is also better because of less weight and mass, to hide the mass 8th gen has stiff setting that gets firm ride.

1. 7th gen.
    2. 8th gen.
    3. 6th gen.

Fuel economy: No questions asked 6th gen was best, 8th gen can gain some grounds on highway due to better drag but could not get equal mileage.

1. 6th gen.
    2. 7th gen.
    3. 8th gen.

In my opinion in Pakistan 6th gen was best for its time, but 7th gen will be remembered for its superiority for many years to come (I do not think they can better it even in the 9th gen).

5th gen Civic was the technological breakthrough, with ABS, DOHC and E VTEC, racing treatment, Airbags and Aerodynamic aids kicking in.

Open for discussion.
    Then your winner is definately 7th gen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fuel efficiency..

owners of 8th gen (1.8L) i know say its a fuel guzzler .. compared to 7th gen VTi (1.6L) and EXi (1.5L) ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Race View Post
    @airomerix: eagle eye or the cat eye one? both had different speedo's
    the facelifted version of Cat eye (rear with Crystal lights) and eagle eye had same speedo'z. Which had combination of Red, White and Blue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My favourite is 7th gen.amazing drive.
    Beshak ALLAH he sy hy sub waqt sy pehly nahin zarorat sy zada nahin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List