57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread

Lets compare the different generations of Civic.

Despite a few newer models up, many of us still fancy the 5th generation over the 6th, or even 7th generation Civics. This is the thread to shower your inputs based upon experience with any of the Civics you've driven, or owned.

It starts with a few comments posted in a civic for sale thread which I'll be importing, we can continue from there onwards.

The 5th

Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - Picture 3571

The 6th

Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - civic6thgensilvercoupe5ib

The 7th

Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - IMG 9185

The 8th

Civic 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Gen Comparison Thread - 01

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@airomerix

6th generation was not sold for 1 and a half year, it was sold for more than five years i.e. 96 to early 2001. And more units shouldn't result in more defects rather should result into perfection.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    @airomerix

6th generation was not sold for 1 and a half year, it was sold for more than five years i.e. 96 to early 2001. And more units shouldn't result in more defects rather should result into perfection.
    Iam pointing at 6th generation with CRYSTAL lights. And more units means more possibility of defected parts.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK!!!!!!!!!8TH GENERATION IS THE BEST CAR!!!!!!!!SOME PEOPLE are very biased about there statement!nither i own civic 6th gen or 8th gen!but civic 6th just attracts many of us!NO OFFENSE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeejigs View Post
    OK!!!!!!!!!8TH GENERATION IS THE BEST CAR!!!!!!!!SOME PEOPLE are very biased about there statement!nither i own civic 6th gen or 8th gen!but civic 6th just attracts many of us!NO OFFENSE
    Now ur acting like a kid.
    Please keep this discussion healthy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What i see here is the insult to 8th Generation just because it has a very high price tag.
    Its not a person which may be insulted. Its a car with pros and cons. Obviously, the ''against'' party will focus on the cons, and the ''For'' bench will focus on the plus points.

2ndly, the hatred due to price is a little far fetched.

It was due to the launching of new corolla (XLi shape one) which almost failed the civic 6th generation in its time due its luxuary interior
    And honda came up with the 2001-2002 interior? How is that black interior "luxury" ?

After that 7th generation was lauched, where as Civic 8th generation is being built since May 2006 to date. Means more units and relatively more chance of defected pieces to be found.
    2006-2010 : 4 years.

2001-2006 : 5 years.

We should come across far more defective 7th gen Civics according to the theory of 'more production, more defects', no?

As for the looks of 6th generation and 8th generation, its entirely based upon personal liking.
    Absolutely agreed with this part of your post; nothing to add.

Lastly i feel so sorry u. May Allah bless you with more money so you can taste the civic 8th generation.
    This part was unnecessary.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sirs

8th gen is a good car, but it is over engineered, the car was offered in Pakistan 1 year late, 7th gen was available almost within a year.

8th Gen is really expensive (not overpriced), no doubt about that.

6th gen was very good for its time and price but a 7th gen can easily beat it hands down at all fronts.

Same cannot be said about 7th gen and 8th gen.

Honda has dropped the Nav Track and UG version idea, that was a really really bad move.

Regarding the quality control, I can assure you it is almost the same from 95 to date, these are all myths and guesses that a particular or older year production line was good.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    Its not a person which may be insulted. Its a car with pros and cons. Obviously, the ''against'' party will focus on the cons, and the ''For'' bench will focus on the plus points.

2ndly, the hatred due to price is a little far fetched.

And honda came up with the 2001-2002 interior? How is that black interior "luxury" ?

2006-2010 : 4 years.

2001-2006 : 5 years.

We should come across far more defective 7th gen Civics according to the theory of 'more production, more defects', no?

Absolutely agreed with this part of your post; nothing to add.

This part was unnecessary.
    The Civic 01-06 has somewhat a more spacious interior then then 6th generation atleast!!

As for defective parts, only few batches of civic 8G were produced with those so called defective axles otherwise no one has faced any major problems with it. Even my civics axle is as good as new. As for 7th generation, newer cars are more complexed and engineered to a very high level. So we definately cannot compare the technology or technological background of these two models.

Lastly that part WAS necessory, without owning or driving a vehical one cannot comment on its performance. Yes, looks can be liked or disliked but the rest of the things are just based upon experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ airomerix

Let me tell you all, 8th generation was introduced as a leap towards the advance standards by introduction of Airbags, EBD, Pre-tension seat belts, Drive by wire, Stock cruise control unit, 1.8 i-VTEC engine which has the HIGHEST power output and fuel consumbtion, spacecraft like cockpit etc. Now what else is left?
    Sir

Are you sure Civic has Cruise control, Airbag was there in the 2002 Se Saloon, Civic just add 1 more, on negative side it is not available in base Civic, ABS was there in 01 VTI.

Spacecraft design, visibility and dash is an ergonomic disaster, the digital meter of 25 years old Accord was much better and logical.

I am the biggest fan of Honda, but Altis has a much better 1zzfe since 2005 with even better fuel economy pulling a larger car, more power and smoothness (though Honda's Auto transmission is clearly superior and manual is a touch better).

Even the D16 was better.

The car size has gone up much, a negative for Asian markets and rear interior and trunk room is less, where has the space gone.

DBW and EPS are inferior and artificial compare to 7th gen Civic.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    @ airomerix

Sir

Are you sure Civic has Cruise control, Airbag was there in the 2002 Se Saloon, Civic just add 1 more, on negative side it is not available in base Civic, ABS was there in 01 VTI.

Spacecraft design, visibility and dash is an ergonomic disaster, the digital meter of 25 years old Accord was much better and logical.

I am the biggest fan of Honda, but Altis has a much better 1zzfe since 2005 with even better fuel economy pulling a larger car, more power and smoothness (though Honda's Auto transmission is clearly superior and manual is a touch better).

Even the D16 was better.

The car size has gone up much, a negative for Asian markets and rear interior and trunk room is less, where has the space gone.

Regards
    Yes, Cylestine just imported buttons and connected few wires with its unit located in the engine bay and his cruise control is working fine and he has a LOCAL CIVIC 8G.

Ever seen any airbag deployed in Se saloon? I havent seen btw.

Its spacecraft design and digital speedometer is a reason for its popularity. Try searching for topic dated at May 4 2006. When the civic was to be lauched at 4pm at honda dealerships and all the PW members went crazy just after sitting in the car at the showroom. If you are bored then thats another case.

1ZZFE? Better economy? More power? More smoothness?

I dont think Altis can ever give 15 km/l. Or is there any member who has experienced this milege?

Power? Going 0-100 in just 8-9 secnds that too in a 1.8 luxury saloon is not at all bad. 140bhp is no joke. That is why we see ruined civics cuz people just floor the accelerator imagining themselves in a cng xli and they reach 160 in the city without any problem and the result is obviously disasterous.

I dont think rear seats or trunk have less legroom or space. Instead when i sat in a 7th gen Vti few days back, i was rather feeling that iam in a much smaller car

As for DBW and EPS, i dont understand from where you heard this. Do you have any creditable sorce for it? I dont think the 7th generation ever had DBW. As for EPS, ill again say the same thing. In short why would honda insall any inferior thing in a NEW and an EXPENSIVE model. Then maybe one can claim about its Sunroof being inferior or less speedy then the 7th generation or even its immobolizer to be useless or artifical. Who knows?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

Yes its built-in to the ECU; all you need to do is activate it.

And you'd be surprised how the airbag works in the Altis; the local variant of the car only has one impact sensor; it does not even have an occupant sensor. The Civic has the complete airbag system; you can even connect the remaining 6 airbags to it (if you import them).

I've been driving the car for 3 years; I feel uncomfortable in most cars because of the small dashes. The car's dashboard design is great; it keeps your eyes on the road and you don't need to strain to see the speedo.

How is it better? It has 130HP vs 140HP on the Civic, the engine is extremely noisy and revs slow. The Civic's same economy targeted engine has better fuel economy, more torque, a smoother response and is quiet unlike the 1zzfe.

Even the D16 was better.
    Explain how.

Car's get bigger with their iterations this is normal. The car much more cabin room compared to others in its class. Its comfort class is above others.

I personally prefer HPS over EPS but this car has an HPS not an EPS in Pakistan. DBW is artificial? Really? It allows the car's pedal to adap to any kind of a driver. In a normal car a heavy footed driver would simply result in fuel economy loss. Not in the case of a properly designed DBW.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

iss main larrnain ki kiya baat hai.....
    jis ney jo leni hai ley ley........jo nahin leni , na ley..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont think one can find a fair comparision between these models here as 8th Gen owner will hide its weaknesses and defend it in every way. Same is the case with other models. Personally I find every civic beautiful in its own way in compact class cars. But I find the ride quality of 7th Gen best among its predecessors and sucessors. I have driven 4 different 8th Gen civics both manual and auto and I was shocked to see how bad the ride quality was. It is so stiff and bouncy even on medium roads. The dash looks wierd too (lots of plastic here and there), and especially the outdated digital meter.

My vote is for 7th Gen Its a true CIVIC as it fulfulls the Civic's league (smaller, reasonable priced and economy) car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Civic owners in lahore

Not that I claim that Altis is faster than a civic but I still want to check and get to know how much slower a Cruisetronic actually is compared to a prosmatec. So anyone up to the task? I might bring my Cruisetronic tomorrow to the PW meet so if anyone is up for a friendly check let me know

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ If it happens then do make a video of it.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saaduk View Post
    I dont think one can find a fair comparision between these models here as 8th Gen owner will hide its weaknesses and defend it in every way. Same is the case with other models. Personally I find every civic beautiful in its own way in compact class cars. But I find the ride quality of 7th Gen best among its predecessors and sucessors. I have driven 4 different 8th Gen civics both manual and auto and I was shocked to see how bad the ride quality was. It is so stiff and bouncy even on medium roads. The dash looks wierd too (lots of plastic here and there), and especially the outdated digital meter.

My vote is for 7th Gen Its a true CIVIC as it fulfulls the Civic's league (smaller, reasonable priced and economy) car
    this is the most stupid part. every small type of bump is felt this is not good for a sedan. well some say it gives feel of the road etc etc. this is good if one has habbit to driving fast but when it comes to slow and relaxed driving the bumps and stuff just bothers too much.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually SaadUk is correct. The ride of 8th gen is quite hard and bumpy. Personally I found the ride of 6th gen the best

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I like 7th generation because i have a one VTi

I like its shape its elegant its decent.

the 8th generation is more like sporty and 7th is more decent

and 8th generation has very less ground clearance
    and 7th has more

while 6th has less and 5th also has less
    https://www.facebook.com/EbdullahPhotography

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ bango:
    nice thread brother can you post more images of 7th generation civics

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aslam o alikum to all

See i dont know about engine and stuff i just know cc stuff and hp a bit not displacement torque etc

LOOKS:
    I SAY IN LOOKS 7th Generation is very beautiful

5th generation until modified it does not look cool

and 8th generation well it is beautiful but when a bit modified

BUT 7th generation looks cool as it is stock rims by Honda and all that simply the best

here is a image of my 7th generation VTi Civic

AND I did colour on lights in Adobe Photoshop to make them more cool

**CiViC** 5th 6th 7th 8th Gen - COMPARISON THREAD -106388

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted