5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    stay in ur limits and dont use this abused language.its my thread so stay away from this thread
    Then stop being immature and stupid.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mods close this thread
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some differences that I know:

1. EPS is safer as it deactivates after a certain speed (60km/hour in Maruti cars). My Alto's steering is hard after 55 kms/hr. HPS continues to work which could be unsafe as turning the steering even lightly may cause the car to oversteer. But I think there is a safey device for HPS as well.

2. HPS since it runs on servo, the oil level has to be maintained for better steering feel. EPS requires no such maintainence. However, the motor has to be checked at regular intervals.

3. HPS can be used on all sizes of cars. But EPS are usually limited to small cars. But our own Honda City uses EPS.

4. I beleive EPS cars (Technically) should get better FE cause there is no or minimal effort from the engine.

I read in one report that my consulting company produces that there is new system called Electric-hydraulic or something where a combination of both is used. As I am not an engineer, I am not able to exactly understand how it works. I guess a electric motor will give the hydraulic power to the steering.
    Is this really YOUR knowledge? You keep an alto too?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since you know so much about eps, why don't you share with us the disadvantages as well? How about one of the biggest disadvantages, that the eps motor can fail if overheated and can overheat very easily if you do a few certain number of right to left and vice versa steering locks?

How about the fact that the eps motor if it fails results in the entire steering locking up?
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lmao he knows absolutly NOTHING!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/19241-know-your-power-steering.html

Bacha is copying the comments of people...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does civic has EPS?? - pwned
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some differences that I know:

1. EPS is safer as it deactivates after a certain speed (60km/hour in Maruti cars). My Alto's steering is hard after 55 kms/hr. HPS continues to work which could be unsafe as turning the steering even lightly may cause the car to oversteer. But I think there is a safey device for HPS as well.

2. HPS since it runs on servo, the oil level has to be maintained for better steering feel. EPS requires no such maintainence. However, the motor has to be checked at regular intervals.

3. HPS can be used on all sizes of cars. But EPS are usually limited to small cars. But our own Honda City uses EPS.

4. I beleive EPS cars (Technically) should get better FE cause there is no or minimal effort from the engine.

I read in one report that my consulting company produces that there is new system called Electric-hydraulic or something where a combination of both is used. As I am not an engineer, I am not able to exactly understand how it works. I guess a electric motor will give the hydraulic power to the steering.
    CHECK IT OUT GUYS

Does civic has EPS?? -137620

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does civic has EPS?? - epic fail

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok epic fail now close the thread dont want to argue more.thx
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir many EPS performs well also, there are no definite winners, like the one in F10, future definitely belongs to EPS.

Doesn't matter what you've driven, it doesn't have eps. Even a basic site search at the us Honda site reveals this:

2011 Honda Civic Sedan - Specifications - Official Honda Web Site

Not to mention I have years of experiance working with the usdm and jdm models.
    @Cylestyne
    Sir you have done the same thing as Mr mubeenshahid did.

Your years of experience does not include the DX G 1.8L sedan which has EPS, add it up.

Still have the Honda sales receipt and owners manual lying around somewhere.

You can count on me when I talk about Honda, even if its a 50 year old one.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You clearly stated that the ex has eps whereas it does not. Kindly refrain from putting me in the same bunch as the topic starter. Everyone on pakwheels knows my Honda knowledge is absolutely sound.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    Since you know so much about eps, why don't you share with us the disadvantages as well? How about one of the biggest disadvantages, that the eps motor can fail if overheated and can overheat very easily if you do a few certain number of right to left and vice versa steering locks?

How about the fact that the eps motor if it fails results in the entire steering locking up?
    Really ? it locks up ? i though we will have the regular steering(non power)
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No it doesn't sadly. There have been various incidents of RX8s, Civic Si, Fits etc having EPS *motor* failure and the steering completely LOCKING UP.

Two things though, the lockup only occurs if the motor fails. However reverting to a normal steering happens if the EPS control module fails.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@959,

As far as I know about DX-G, it is a Canadian model. So you experience has been with a specific model which does happen to have an EPS in the M/T variant:

Honda Canada

No other model across the Canadian range has EPS aside from the Si like it is supposed to.

As I said earlier your statement doesn't hold true for the EX, EX-L, LX etc trim levels. There also must be a very good reason why the DX-G has EPS whereas the other models don't. Very strange and definitely interesting new news to me.

Thanks for your input (and clarification about the specific trim level).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Cylestyne

You clearly stated that the ex has eps whereas it does not. Kindly refrain from putting me in the same bunch as the topic starter. Everyone on pakwheels knows my Honda knowledge is absolutely sound.
    Sir

All the sedan 1.8 versions across the world have the hps.
    That was your opinion.

No offence but I am not putting you with someone, your knowledge is much better then Poster but I just said that quoting from a website is not a definitive thing to do.

All I just wanted to say is that Civic HPS though much better then Corollas EPS is not the perfect steering in that class, many hydro-electric or even pure electric steerings can perform better.

Failure of a HPS is also not a very pleasant thing, SI's have faulty steering boxes.

Irrespective of any technology, failure rates depends on manufacturing assembly.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That was your opinion.
    My opinion still stands correct.

No offence but I am not putting you with someone, your knowledge is much better then Poster but I just said that quoting from a website is not a definitive thing to do.
    I am not taking offense, however you did clearly say that the Canadian and US models (their equivalents of our VTIs) have EPS, where-as they don't. I do however stand corrected that ONLY one model in the Canadian 1.8L lineup happens to have EPS in its M/T variant (DX-G).

All I just wanted to say is that Civic HPS though much better then Corollas EPS is not the perfect steering in that class, many hydro-electric or even pure electric steerings can perform better.
    No challenges to that statement. Although an EPS like that on the Si or the Accord would be preferred on the car, its not an option for Honda for various reasons:

1. EPS would add another $400 on the retail price of the car at least
    2. HPS is very reliable and for a car like Civic which is one of the bread and butter of Honda it made sense to use HPS instead of EPS

EPS is definitely very good in applications where stopping power leakages caused by something like an HPS is important, such as, in small engines like the Fit or in sports cars where lowend torque is already scarce (RX-8, S2000, SI, Euro-R, etc).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

informative thread !!!
    http://www.darsequran.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Cylestyne

Sir with all due respect your opinion does not stands correct at all.

The US and Canadian 1.8 Civic does NOT have, eps, only the Si does
    Doesn't matter what you've driven, it doesn't have eps. Even a basic site search at the us Honda site reveals this:
    All the sedan 1.8 versions across the world have the hps
    All three ones are technically void, you want to still score it, you are welcome.

1. EPS would add another $400 on the retail price of the car at least
    2. HPS is very reliable and for a car like Civic which is one of the bread and butter of Honda it made sense to use HPS instead of EPS

EPS is definitely very good in applications where stopping power leakages caused by something like an HPS is important, such as, in small engines like the Fit or in sports cars where lowend torque is already scarce (RX-8, S2000, SI, Euro-R, etc).
    Its not hat I am focusing on your posts, its only that since you are a senior member and people rely on your opinion, I just do not want it to be biased.

Just to share some info, the future belongs to EPS and poster is unintentionally favoring the right thing ( I like the birdies posted for him).

EPS is cheaper and more reliable plus it is not limited to cars with scarce low end torque.

HOnda itself is using EPS in cars which are much more important and reliable then Civic.

Sadly, the golden days of Civic and also of Honda are long gone.

So we can finally call EPS the steering of Future and naturally since the HPS is the older technology, it remains old and it will be defunct soon.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Lmao he knows absolutly NOTHING!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/19241-know-your-power-steering.html

Bacha is copying the comments of people...
    Officially PWNED! This kind of knowledge can be expected from the poster.
    This poster just posts here to ignite fights over here, this is clearly a lame topic to fight on. Firstly, he creates a topic " Does Civic has EPS? "
    He just wanted to start a fight.
    He knew that Corolla has EPS and the Civic doesn't so he thought off to start a topic about it so a fight starts and he can show that corolla is better in technology while he himself knows nothing of what he's talking about!
    And then when he sees that he's has been proven wrong and he fails to prove his useless point, he's says to Close this Thread!

Wah poster bhai aap ki baat he kiya hai! It's better if you don't post.