Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citi Or GLi-Help me decide (my specific requirements)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post Citi Or GLi-Help me decide (my specific requirements)

Hi guys!
    i've searched all the threads on Honda Citi and GLi but have not been able to find an answer instead only honda-corolla fights. i am plannin to book a new car next week either a Honda city or a GLi. i can afford both but would have to strtch my budjet for GLi - but i can - however i am inclined to buy city. My requiremetns/reservations are as under:
    • i live in Karachi and would travel (InshaAllah) at max- twice a year to Islamabad-Peshawar. (By the way i have two kids only- 6 & 3 years).
    • does citi have ground clearance issues?? and would it pose any threat (even minor ) to my travel plans?
    • if i want to increast the groound clerance of Citi (suppose i install cng) then whther spacer or higher tyres would be a better option.
    • Corolla has a great demand among car snatchers (around 8-10 of my office colleagues have got theri corllas snatched/stolen) whereas citi is relatively safer in this regard. though i would insure the car anyway.. but they almost kidnaped the family of one of my colleagues with his GLi.
    • i am not concerned with losing about 50,000? to 100,000/- on resale after three years.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PGhasanJ View Post
    City is slightly on the lower side
    sometimes depending on speedbreakers (or car breakers :p ) i have to take it over in cross if i have 4 passengers in the car

as for driving pleasure well City is more responsive and significantly better pick up than Corolla and over all more fun to drive

I second that but IMO if you change your rims and stock tires to 195 65 R15, it will slightly enhance the ground clearance to a level that you wont feel any problems.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats what i origionally asked..i.e whther changing stock tyres or installing spacers would be a better option (if required).. i've heard changing stock tyres to 195 65 R15 reduces fuel efficincy??????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im a Honda fan and user, but in this instance, i would advise you to go for Corrolla.
    Its not about quality or anything.

Its just that :

1) The new city interior is a bit bland. the 2003-2008 circa interior was much better
    2) You have 2 kids. I only have 1 who is 2 years old. and i wish there was more room in the car. Corolla is nice in that way. lots of room.

Hope you have fun with whatever you buy.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shehryar75 View Post
    thats what i origionally asked..i.e whther changing stock tyres or installing spacers would be a better option (if required).. i've heard changing stock tyres to 195 65 R15 reduces fuel efficincy??????
    I personally think 195 65 R15 is ideal size for city, though I have Michelin Energy Saver 185 65 R15 in mine. it gives me 13Km/l in the city and 16 Km/l on the Motorway.I have no issues with fuel economy despite the fact that I rev really hard sometimes.. There might be slight difference if you opt for 195 65 R15 but its gonna give you extra grip/braking on the road, more ground clearance plus putting wide tires make the rear of the car more eye catching.

Peace!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 6037550 View Post
    city has inferiorr quality interior than gli check it the door panels give u a feel like paksuzuki cars and the silver black combination is flop in pak bcoz dust will be felt much.

city average i have tested on highways is around 14-16 i have got and drove aroung 110-130 km/h and one should get 20km max average bcoz of hypermiling bcoz its not a hybrid ,civic hybid max out 25 km average.

national hyway and peshawar gt is in very bad condition so for this i will recommend u corolla bcoz its comfort level is better and suspension dont feel bumps.

resale matter corolla will give u more profit for three years u can get around 300k but on city max 100k.

Corolla is a rugged vehicle u throw everything it will move like 7 people sit in a rolla it will move like 3 people re sitting but city cant max have 5 people and then it will be hitting on every bumps.

luxury is better on corolla has center console box,steering is light,trunk lite,high mount stop lamp,led lights
    more interior space ,leg room ,head room and city dont have proper rear headrests while corolla have 3 head rests on back.

looks wise corolla is more superior and looks like a more big car than city in dimmensions.

For u i will recommend u corolla bcoz u have to travel and in karachi many speed breakers .

NO offence

Citi Or GLi-Help me decide my specific requirements -142028

Citi Or GLi-Help me decide my specific requirements -142029

same person two accounts???