1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default need help want to buy Gallant 98 with gdi engine

i am planning to buy Gallant model 98 with 2ltr gdi engine can anyone guide me what to observe in engine while buying this car so that not to have any problem in future?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You must be a certified masochist to buy that car in Pakistan, you cannot get the fuel for the engine here in Pakistan, the GDI galants were a JDM only. If you want to buy it for its shape, buy a dead GDI galant and put in a 6A12 or 6A13 in it, (Legnum engines).

I have succesfully swapped a 6A12 in a 98 Galant VR-G and hooked up everything to work as original including the touch screen A/C controls, rad fans, gauges, electronic automatic transmission etc, The V6 was smooth to drive and trouble free for sure as it was just a plain 4 stroke engine with injectors sitting in the inlet manifold operating at 40 psi compared to the injectors sitting in the combustion chamber operating at 1900 psi

The 6A12 you need is from the same year Legnum/Galant or something similar (space wagon) RHS mount type engine, but you would need the wiring harness uncut or have to get it from UK or Japan (I got mine from UK)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro.galant is lovely car,i also buy last month same model lhr no,he give me a 125/km in 55 l clyinder a local drive.if u buy,u must be confirm tha car is a own engine gdi.its vvv good car.and trouble free,luxery.dont worry take it.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List