0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RX8, honda accord CL9 or mark 2

hello everyone plz help me with buying guide on RX8, 2003-2005 accord and mark 2 2003-2004.
    which one is better wht are their advantages and disadvantages??
    their resale parts and maintainence ???
    and heard that rx8 has a lot of cons engine problms clutch plate issues and pressure plates?? is it only in manual or also with automatic???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but RX8 is kinda gayish...car...
    rx8 aint well Repo`d car..dats wot i wud say..
    Wow, you're just full of "facts" aren't you?

As of October 2006 the RX-8 has won at least 37 international motoring awards including 2003 International Engine of the Year, the 2003 Japanese Car of the Year, Australia's Wheels magazine's Car of the Year for 2003, the 2004 Singapore Car of the Year, the 2004 U.S. Best Sports Car, and several UK Best Car Awards. It was named on Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best list for 2004, 2005, and 2006. It also took home 1st place on Car and Driver's "Four of a Kind" comparison test.[9] 2010 RX-8 R3 edition placed 3rd out of 7 on Car and Driver's The Best-Handling Car in America for Less Than $100,000.[10]
    You're right, its definitely "gayish" and not "well-repo'd"
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RX8 is not suitable for rough roads and traffic jams.
    Intriguing... have you owned one?

By far in its class its the only car with so much ground clearance that it can literally go over 90% of the obstacles Karachi roads have to offer. And secondly I don't see why it would have any issues in traffic jams (aside from the obvious gas-guzzling idle the car has).
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The biggest problem is to find a well maintained RX8, I have seen people swapping Corolla's engine in RX8.
    Very correct, there are none and those who have one will not sell it.

And people swapping out Corolla engines in a machine like this need to get their heads checked.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go fr RX8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you obviously have no idea what an rx8 is if youre comparing it to accords and toyota's
    stay away from it
    buy a cl9 and enjoy
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Cylestyne

Intriguing... have you owned one?

By far in its class its the only car with so much ground clearance that it can literally go over 90% of the obstacles Karachi roads have to offer. And secondly I don't see why it would have any issues in traffic jams (aside from the obvious gas-guzzling idle the car has).
    With all due respect I owned a 03 RX8 when there were very few on roads and sold it for a huge loss.

It was the low powered 212 PS version with fixed manifold and a 5 speeder, 15K driven.

For the first month I was looking after the petrol pumps as owners manual said that a 95 RON is needed, I started using PSO since it was closest (12km), still the car knocks slightly in lower gears (My M111 of C180 runs fine on PSO high Octane).

The 3 way catalytic converter clogged after 1.5 months and I had no clue where to go for the replacement and service.

Removed the converter and started using Shell HI Octane, only 3 pumps were available at that time in whole Karachi, the best I have averaged was 7km/l on the way to Kurli lake 90% on highway, in City never got more then 5km/l.

Next month a motorcyclist hit from rear, rear lights were broken and the paint was gone, about the lights it was another story, but I cannot find the exact match for color and painters were quoting me 50,000 Rs for hardly a 12" piece to be paint.

I do not know how you classify the 90% of City but city is not all about DHA, Clifton and Sharah-e-faisal or you have never travelled to Korangi, quaidabad, Liaquatabad, Azizabad, whole of Malir, North Karachi, F.B area and North nazimabad.

At all speed brakers the car used to hit bottom out despite of all my efforts and the 45 profile tires gave shockwaves to my backbone.

My 25 years old Accord which has a more then 6 inches lower roof then my 09 GLI has atleast 2 inches more ground clearance then the RX8 and its suspensions does not bottom out with 2 people sitting and some luggage.

RX8 is a sports car and not a family car or a daily drivers car to office, definitely not in Karachi and Karachi has no race tracks or high speed roads unless one goes for illegal street racing and risk his own and other's life.

And it is surely a much high maintenance car then any Accord or even a C class or 3 Series.

And people swapping out Corolla engines in a machine like this need to get their heads checked.
    Sir you have to check the heads of many of fellow PW members.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For the first month I was looking after the petrol pumps as owners manual said that a 95 RON is needed, I started using PSO since it was closest (12km), still the car knocks slightly in lower gears (My M111 of C180 runs fine on PSO high Octane).
    PSO has terrible fuel quality. My Civic knocks on their fuel if I use it too often. I fill up my RX8 with hi-octane from Shell, there have been no knocking or power delivery problems.

The 3 way catalytic converter clogged after 1.5 months and I had no clue where to go for the replacement and service.

Removed the converter and started using Shell HI Octane, only 3 pumps were available at that time in whole Karachi, the best I have averaged was 7km/l on the way to Kurli lake 90% on highway, in City never got more then 5km/l.
    I removed the cat *before* it had a chance to clog (a good decision because a new cat costs over $400). The RX8 averages 4-5km/l within City you can't get above that.

Next month a motorcyclist hit from rear, rear lights were broken and the paint was gone, about the lights it was another story, but I cannot find the exact match for color and painters were quoting me 50,000 Rs for hardly a 12" piece to be paint.
    Parts for almost all imported vehicles are very expensive including Accord. If you had the VR Rx-8, then the paint is very difficult to match and painters like Burnees do ask upwards of 13,000 RS / panel for this kind of a paint.

I do not know how you classify the 90% of City but city is not all about DHA, Clifton and Sharah-e-faisal or you have never travelled to Korangi, quaidabad, Liaquatabad, Azizabad, whole or Malir, Azizabad, North Karachi, F.B area and North nazimabad.
    I've taken my car to Korangi quite a few times. I have to drop my wife to IoBM every Sunday (which is Korangi creek). Never had any issues with scraping or breaking anything. Have also taken it to Gulshan and North. Yes I haven't been to Malir and Azizabad because I don't know anyone there. I still however keep the car only for driving within Defence and nearby areas, it runs very hot and for long drives the footwell gets way too hot for it to be very comfortable. Aside from that it is a a very comfortable car (if you can ignore the hot footwell).

My 25 years old Accord which has a more then 6 inches lower roof then my 09 GLI has atleast 2 inches more ground clearance then the RX8 and its suspensions does not bottom out with 2 people sitting and some luggage.
    Maybe your RX8's suspension was soft? I have a GT package car so the suspension is harder and lower than than the standard models. Again I've had no issues with even 4 people in the car. If I were to use it as a daily driver within my normal commute areas, I'd have no problem. I infact did this for a few weeks when I initially got the car. But due to the poor driving etiquette of motorcyclists and other cars in general I'd just avoid that.

RX8 is a sports car and not a family car or a daily drivers car to office, definitely not in Karachi and Karachi has no race tracks or high speed roads unless one goes for illegal street racing and risk his own and other's life.
    Agreed its not a family car, it should really be a third car if anything.

And it is surely a much high maintenance car then any Accord or even a C class or 3 Series.
    Definitely, lol.

Daunting task indeed.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agreed car guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    @Cylestyne

With all due respect I owned a 03 RX8 when there were very few on roads and sold it for a huge loss.

It was the low powered 212 PS version with fixed manifold and a 5 speeder, 15K driven.

I do not know how you classify the 90% of City but city is not all about DHA, Clifton and Sharah-e-faisal or you have never travelled to Korangi, quaidabad, Liaquatabad, Azizabad, whole of Malir, North Karachi, F.B area and North nazimabad.

At all speed brakers the car used to hit bottom out despite of all my efforts and the 45 profile tires gave shockwaves to my backbone.

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Agree what Fahad said as he knows what rotaries are... I have kept rotaries as well and i must admit all the points above if taken care
    the car will make you smile every day because it redlines like any thing out there...

If you are looking for a genuine clean Rx-8 do call me and i will hook you up with the best rx8's in pakistan ...

0321 4127226

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asadyk View Post
    I Agree what Fahad said as he knows what rotaries are... I have kept rotaries as well and i must admit all the points above if taken care
    the car will make you smile every day because it redlines like any thing out there...

If you are looking for a genuine clean Rx-8 do call me and i will hook you up with the best rx8's in pakistan ...

0321 4127226
    only if you knew OP was looking for a car 6 years ago
    I hope by now he had driven all of them or maybe he still wants any - Your luck then
    LIVE 4 NOTHING .........................BUT DIE 4 SOMETHING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List