0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Choosing Between Corolla 2005 or Civic 2004 or Cultus 2010

Please help me regarding choosing from Corolla 2005 or vitz 2007 or Civic 2004 or Cultus 2010 ...my budget is 10 lakh rupees.I am going to buy next week...any suggestion would be appreciated...and by the way can a 2004 or 2005 model be insured or not ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my 2 cents, Civic wont give a petrol average of more then 7 km/L
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche_Maker View Post
    @air
    EXI PROS is very bad on Petrol had one giving 6-8 kpl and max 9 kpl and not tht much good AC.
    I dont agree! It was the best model we ever kept!
    15km/l was not at all an issue for it. And i personally donnot find any difference in VTi's and Exi's AC performance.

And yes we kept it on petrol with a "little" ratio of high octane.
    Maybe the car you drove was not well kept. Otherwise our VTi Prosmatec used to give 13km/l on highways which is acceptable for a 1.6 VTEC
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    my 2 cents, Civic wont give a petrol average of more then 7 km/L
    We normally got 9km/l on civic EXi and 7-8 km on VTi Pros???

manfuacturing fault?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alee1 View Post
    d0nt go for r0lla ull regret definately in ALL DIMENTIONS.
    dont go for cultus its go0d but price is way to0 high.just like c0ure,awes0me car with awes0me price tag.
    vitz dozent has bo0t.
    civic exi d0zent has abs brakes,n ive heard it has 1.3litre engine.if you want t0 go for 1.3l car go for city 2004 to 2008.it has exceptionally high fuel avg.25km/l in petrol on motorways.in city above 15.i talking about idsi model.on gas it gives you 200km plus on motorways w/o ac.with ac 190kms.incity milage is 160km w/o ac and with ac 140km.
    my dear civic has class difference.cultus vitz are good cars but comparing them with civic is s0mething like praising our president(which in any case is n0t permissible).
    vti is alone a go0d option.see if u need aut0matic transmission g0 for vti prosmatec.dont purchase oriel as in pakistan sunroofs are of no use.also avoid UG m0del.it lo0ks go0d when one listens that civic UG c0mes with interior which is complete leather by NIKE.but its overpriced and limited in n0 in market.
    best of luck
    Exi has 1.5L engine

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get civic if u want it as a second car!7th gen is the best!if u want a strong daily runner then corolla!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    Sir if you take care of your car Civic.

If you have no issue of maintenance cost VITZ.

Else Corolla

Regards
    +1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@airomerix

I dont agree! It was the best model we ever kept!
    15km/l was not at all an issue for it. And i personally donnot find any difference in VTi's and Exi's AC performance.

And yes we kept it on petrol with a "little" ratio of high octane.
    Maybe the car you drove was not well kept. Otherwise our VTi Prosmatec used to give 13km/l on highways which is acceptable for a 1.6 VTEC
    Sir I have also achieved 13km/l on trip to Karachi to Okara constantly in a 05 VTI PROSMATEC.

There is usually no difference in A/C performance but at the same trip my Cousin who was following us in an EXI PROSMATEC felt that on day time the VTI was cooling more, I think its purely because of more power and torque available from the engine to compressor, compressors/radiators/coolant/fans/belts/alternators are all identical in both EXI and VTI.

We normally got 9km/l on civic EXi and 7-8 km on VTi Pros???

manfuacturing fault?
    Sir most 7th gen Civics have clogged fuel injectors and Kabli underperforming coils.

Originally Posted by alee1 Choosing Between Corolla 2005 or Civic 2004 or Cultus 2010 - viewpost
    d0nt go for r0lla ull regret definately in ALL DIMENTIONS.
    dont go for cultus its go0d but price is way to0 high.just like c0ure,awes0me car with awes0me price tag.
    vitz dozent has bo0t.
    civic exi d0zent has abs brakes,n ive heard it has 1.3litre engine.if you want t0 go for 1.3l car go for city 2004 to 2008.it has exceptionally high fuel avg.25km/l in petrol on motorways.in city above 15.i talking about idsi model.on gas it gives you 200km plus on motorways w/o ac.with ac 190kms.incity milage is 160km w/o ac and with ac 140km.
    my dear civic has class difference.cultus vitz are good cars but comparing them with civic is s0mething like praising our president(which in any case is n0t permissible).
    vti is alone a go0d option.see if u need aut0matic transmission g0 for vti prosmatec.dont purchase oriel as in pakistan sunroofs are of no use.also avoid UG m0del.it lo0ks go0d when one listens that civic UG c0mes with interior which is complete leather by NIKE.but its overpriced and limited in n0 in market.
    best of luck
    Sir with all due respect how can you say that anyone will regret buying a car which is most sold on the face of planet.

Secondly how can a 2 decades old Cuore and Cultus which were not even world class at that time can be compared as good against a Corolla.

Vitz has a trunk but we have to put our CNG tank in it because in our country we cannot afford Petrol, 3 box design has best packaging and most preferred in all world for family use and even semi pro racing.

I can hand over an IDSI keys to anyone who can fetch me a car with that average you have quoted in daily drivng, these are only EPA figures in real world the best I ever got was a 15.5km/l on highway with a Honda South maintained Petrol IDSI manual.

EXI has a 1.5L engine and it has more power then any imported or local mainstream 1.6L available in Pakistan (except for its VTEC counterpart), I somehow like it more then the VTEC because its good for traffic jams, slow speeds and stop and go situations.

My 05 EXI's has Pirelli P6000 with imported alloys and its brake modulation and body control is even better then many 0 meter stock ABS cars like Vitz and Swift, around 130ft from 100km/hr to dead stop even my Mercedes C180 with ABS, EBD, traction control, RWD and imported Michelins with double the cost can only cut a couple of feets.

Sunroof is definitely worth it, at least on the night of every 14th of month for people who like moon light, also good for open air motoring and they are reliable as my 25 years old Accord's motor and glass are still as good as new.

UG are most sought after models, there are many threads in buyers/sellers section in which people are looking for a top grade VTI Oriel UG PROSMATEC but the problem is that the car is so good that no owner wants to sell it and spend nearly double amount of money to get the new Car.

@uzair97

Remember a good condition plain EXI manual is worth more then a high mileage roughly used or maintained VTI PROSMATEC and that goes for all brands.

The only choice is between 2 cars, a local car and an imported car.

So if you need a driver's car and can take care of it its CIVIC, if you want a family car for high mileage driving and low expense its COROLLA, after that you can compare any of the 2 cars with VITZ, VITZ feels like a 5 grands expensive car compare to any local car the moment you will close the door or at the first speed braker or bump.

The only downside of VITZ is trunk space and CNG installation (its better to install a SIS system).

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you can afford the maintenance from honda workshop or a proper workshop where mechanics work on the cars not their helpers then

1st option Civic
    2nd option Civic
    3rd option Civic

Otherwise go for cultus its economical by all means.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List