0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb problem in 8th gen civic???

i am lookin forward to buy the 8th gen civic but some threads on pw and friends told me that there is an axle breaking problem in civic... kindly guide me on this???

Better to be on the ground wishing to be in the air than in the air wishing to be on the ground.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Even the Cl-9 is inferior to 8th generation civic in few terms.
    For example the immobolizer 8th generation is a generation ahead then Cl-9s which makes it nearly impossible to breach and disable unlike Cl-9s. This is simply due to the generation stepping up. The Cl-9 was the honda's best in 2002 and civic 8G was engineered to its best levels in 2006 and it still is atleast in Pakistan.
    You seriously think people steal cl9 here...and immobilzer ain't a very major plus point...
    i would like to conclude....they could've made a better compact car in 2006-07 even then a 2002 model cl9, with all the technological advancements, sadly they didn't....people do drive both cars u'll know that a 7 yrs old grumpy still drives and smells better then a modern, fascinating, aerodynamic Honda civic
    Drivin Benzez...with no benifits....
    Not bad..huh..for some imigrants..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah1 View Post
    @cylestyne:who told u axio doesnt have resale?recheck ur experience...it has as much resale as a 1.3corolla
    Several friends of mine who deal in imports have confirmed this. You can even ask @alta on these forums. I was looking for a 'house car' recently and several people, including Alta disadvised me about the Axio.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    Yes because you'll fall asleep due to the horrifically numb drive and probably die in an accident when the brakes fail. Thats' the best cure for anyone looking to "forget the civic".

You'll also forget every other car once you own this because:

a) You'll spend countless nights kicking yourself in the behind for buying the ONE imported Corolla which has terrible resale (the one thing Corolla is good for)

b) You'll be too busy searching for spare parts

c) You'll probably end up keeping the car forever when no-one buys it from you
    From where ddid you get the failing brakes thing? Axio does not have any such reported issues.

Points "a" and "c" are the same. You sound redundant. Please admit the fact that your investment/passion (the Civic) might have some issues. Don't worry, you will sell it for good money when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    I think you got a lemon. Its very sad we don't have a lemon law here. Aside from the driver-side window losing its track due to dust (which can be fixed by WD-40) I haven't faced any of the other problems (and my car's been driven about 29,000 KMs now).
    I would not advise WD-40 near any rubber parts. It will erode the rubber.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ investment/passion? I have better cars at my disposal for 'passion'.

And secondly, what rubber part is the wd40 being sprayed at? The window tracks arent exactly made of rubber.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjadroohani View Post
    You seriously think people steal cl9 here...and immobilzer ain't a very major plus point...
    i would like to conclude....they could've made a better compact car in 2006-07 even then a 2002 model cl9, with all the technological advancements, sadly they didn't....people do drive both cars u'll know that a 7 yrs old grumpy still drives and smells better then a modern, fascinating, aerodynamic Honda civic
    I dont think any "smart" person will choose an 9 year old abused and rusted CL-9 over a new or even a slightly used civic And mind you, the better smelling CL-9s are not less then 23 lacs these days. And even after spending 2.2 million plus one gets a 50K driven car. And yes, its more expensive to maintain incase something goes wrong.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Axio? The ugliest saloon on the road? Right
    Looks more like a totalled corolla from the front
    man ur funny its better then LOCAL KHOWTA COWROLLA i own local Cowrola reborn etc hence there is a hell of difference
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faez View Post
    bhai i own a 07 city n 06 civic (eagle eye) ryt now both a hve the driver side window problem, but it is not the big issue, the main issue was the axle but now its pretty clear to me and and so most probably civic 8th gen is goin to b in my garage in a while after sellin my 07 city (INSHALLAH)
    The problem is solved. I think now this thread should be closed.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well..the accord was a mid sized sedan..and now it has moved up to full sized one...while Honda is more keen in keeping civic more compact by reducing it size...so thats a step backwards...dnt wanna go in details that how its a backward step....as im starvin to death....
    yar Accord is still a MidSize car in European and Japanese markets
    the Full Size Version of Current Gen is for American Market

so there r actually 2 different size of Accords this Gen

shame its not assembled here or sold for around 25Lakh Rs

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by amjadroohani View Post
    Mounting issue...12k
    Power Steering Leakage...new pump is around 22k...can olny be fixed by replacing with a new kit if one's lucky enough...3600
    Auto Tensioner Pulley gives up....10k i guess
    Driver's window gets unaligned....

If I had to buy it for 1.7 million plus...I'll prefer a cl7/cl9 over it any day....
    I installed a new kit in power steering 8 9 months back...and it's started leaking again today.........n GOD its so irritating.....

*prices above are exclusive to labor charges....which are equal of getting robbed.....
    +1x infinityans sir change the seats of your reborn if u can https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...ement-possible best of luck and hope your new car goes strong!@all i am taking to FAEZ only!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeejigs View Post
    +1x infinityans sir change the seats of your reborn if u can https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...ement-possible best of luck and hope your new car goes strong!@all i am taking to FAEZ only!
    well i was seriously thinking to get them replaced....coz my back really hurts, even in city when i drive too long...they are quite hard indeed.....
    Drivin Benzez...with no benifits....
    Not bad..huh..for some imigrants..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai buy a toyota corolla axio 07 low mileage for 18 lakhs instead of local garbage.you will drive the axio for 10 minutes and u will forget the civic .its ride comfort,driving pleasure,quality and saffety no local car comes close to it.agay apki marzi.
    used civics are not good i have experienced it and then sold it.it was crap.but if you can afford a new one plz buy a zero meter bcoz in used civic there can be many problems
    Dear what do you mean by local garbage?? so you mean those people are stupid who spend nearly 2 million on a garbage?? I suggest we should think twice before writing anything on a forum.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The_lasting_impression View Post
    Dear what do you mean by local garbage?? so you mean those people are stupid who spend nearly 2 million on a garbage?? I suggest we should think twice before writing anything on a forum.
    i think we should read it thrice!he says to buy a zero meter car because in his view 2nd hand civics are in crappy condition! and he used the word local garbage which means altis or civic! but he advises to go for axio!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i m not saying a new car garbage but a used civic is aprox a garbage try a used civic and u will know what i mean.it was only driven 32k on petroll and it was givings noises from every side .no offence
    just sayin to buy a axio or zero meter civc
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lasting_impression View Post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sirs what are we debating at.

Everyone knows that Corolla or Camry is no match with a Civic or Accord in engineering or technological fronts.

The best thing about Toyota is cost reduction, platform sharing and their so called slogan of reliability, sure they are reliable because there is nothing to break, torison beam or EPS as cost effective as it could get, no driving pleasure and no investment on transmission or engines.

That is why they have to offer a separate Auris to please Euro drivers.

Regarding local cars, the only fault of Civic can be its higher price (that is actually due to depreciation of rupee and inflation), Honda also could have put a D15 and old 4 speeder in a Reborn and can sell it for a much low price.

I cannot say for the whole country but in Karachi, most Civics are very well maintained and clean (maybe its because availability of parts).

So any compact or mid size Toyota (with exception of Prius) is no match for Honda in technology or dynamics.

People only buy Toyota for cost reasons, loyalty or resale.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List