Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda/Toyota giving damaged cars?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda/Toyota giving damaged cars?

Important observation that HONDA / TOYOTA & SUZUKI official dealerships are induldging in fraud. Cars which get damaged during delivery are sent back to the factory, repaired or resprayed and brought back to dealership as zero meter new car to be delivered to any un-suspecting victim whos already paying an arm and a leg to get a teen dabba n that too damaged one? Question arises that :

1. What methods other than a visual inspection can be used to detect such cars by buyers before taking delivery? (Anything like gettin its chasis no checked from somewhere or any other experience anyone wants to share of detection)

2. What should be the punishment for a dealership found to be indulging in this practice?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You cant do any thing. Yes Its a practise which I have heard
    http://www.haseebawan.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Important observation that HONDA / TOYOTA & SUZUKI official dealerships are induldging in fraud. Cars which get damaged during delivery are sent back to the factory, repaired or resprayed and brought back to dealership as zero meter new car to be delivered to any un-suspecting victim whos already paying an arm and a leg to get a teen dabba n that too damaged one? Question arises that :

1. What methods other than a visual inspection can be used to detect such cars by buyers before taking delivery? (Anything like gettin its chasis no checked from somewhere or any other experience anyone wants to share of detection)

2. What should be the punishment for a dealership found to be indulging in this practice?
    If a car gets damaged during transport and the dealership sends it back to the factory and the factory repairs the damage and sends it back to the show room, I consider the car as good as new and will have no problem buying one.

Its not just happening in Pakistan it happens around the world.

If a new car get its door dented the logical solution will be to repair the car and sell it (and as the OEM is repairing it its to be considered new). No company in the world will throw away a brand new car just coz it got a door/fender/back/front damaged.

Its just the 'daba pack' thinking of us Pakistani's thats needs changing.
    '3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the car.'

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Waqastariq
    If only wishes were horses, my dear brother yahee tau rona hay that those cars arent repaired as good as new the 2nd time.

I remember a very good friend of mine went to buy a new car in saudi arabia, the dealer himself showed my friend two cars parked on one side that these are for almost half price, when my friend asked reason he was told these were damaged during delivery and have been repaired 100%. See theres a thing such as consumer rights, if company is selling a damaged product then company shud suffer some loss for it and consumer shud have the benefit, that’s the law, simple.

2nd thing is that if the company damages a car due to poor handling by staff tau iss may khareednay walay ka kya kasoor hay?

Maybe u wud like to pay 1.3 million for a repaired product but a car is a once in 5 years sort of buy for me, id jolly well want a brand new car n that’s it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I remember a very good friend of mine went to buy a new car in saudi arabia, the dealer himself showed my friend two cars parked on one side that these are for almost half price, when my friend asked reason he was told these were damaged during delivery and have been repaired 100%. See theres a thing such as consumer rights, if company is selling a damaged product then company shud suffer some loss for it and consumer shud have the benefit, that’s the law, simple.
    You have a very good pint here...it should also be done in Pakistan, I agree with it 100% but then again if only wishes were horses
    '3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the car.'

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai, this is how even multi nationals themselves do the business in Pakistan. Who can ask them. I would suggest to write to the company via there official websites. At least let them know what these guys are doing here.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

multinationals ka kasoor nahi hai. if they are allowed they would sell such cars in every international market, but laws prevent them from doing so. here in pak jis ke pass paisa hai wo sab se barha hai. so car manufacturers can do whatever they want.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

so guys lets start a campaign here against this menace, thats why first step of the process is positive detection, how do we do that? any experts to comment?

2ndly lets make a checklist of things to do for any such person who has been victimised by these companies in this manner that who to contact which court to go to etc.

3rd thing, we must advertise the names of the persons and the name of the dealership here at pakwheels and spread it as much as possible takay uss outlet ka kuch na kuch business tau kharab karain na yaro.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

so guys lets start a campaign here against this menace, thats why first step of the process is positive detection, how do we do that? any experts to comment?

2ndly lets make a checklist of things to do for any such person who has been victimised by these companies in this manner that who to contact which court to go to etc.

3rd thing, we must advertise the names of the persons and the name of the dealership here at pakwheels and spread it as much as possible takay uss outlet ka kuch na kuch business tau kharab karain na yaro.
    Sir, before this "effort" we have ALOT to do! This issue is not as important as the issue of safety, reliability and over pricing which is common in almost every local car. May it be Mehran or civic. Mehran owners donnot get brakes after paying 0.5 Million and Civic owners donnot get more then two airbags and even good tires after paying over 2 Million.

So we should rather protest against the insane prices and specifications before we go on with the issue you brought up.
    this issue.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The honda city you recently bought had a similar case?
    If not then i would advise to leave this topic as there is nothing you can do.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The honda city you recently bought had a similar case?
    If not then i would advise to leave this topic as there is nothing you can do.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@illdude
    One of my very good friends who is expert at detecting paint defects came to know that i was booking a car so he asked me to take the car straight to him after delivery, when i went to him he inspected it thoroughly n told me k ur car is ok, then he told me his own story due to which he had asked me to do so. He had booked a Gli in previous shape in 07. The showroom told him that ur car is here, but next day they refused to give him delivery telling him sir we mixed up ur car with someone elses n ur car still isnt here, STRANGE! so my friend (chasis no had already been given when delivery was confirmed to him on phone) went to toyota dealership to inquire wat was going on. To his horror, my friends driver (very expert driver) came running from the back of the workshop to tell my friend that sir this chasis no car is parked in the back with diggy being repaired.

subsequently my friend refused to take the delivery of that particular chasis no but imagine guys someone musta bought that Gli as a zerometer car na.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Such issues fall under consumer protection laws, and in the absence of any such laws here, we can only expect total indifference from multinationals. The auto assemblers here are out to maximise profits in the absence of consumer protection laws. The much hyped japanese quality and standards apply in japan only. They know very well the extent to which they can exploit the consumers in Pakistan. So writing to them will not even get a reply, much less any action to change the current practices.
    The rule book is for guidance of the wise and obedience of fools.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by matrix View Post
    Such issues fall under consumer protection laws, and in the absence of any such laws here, we can only expect total indifference from multinationals. The auto assemblers here are out to maximise profits in the absence of consumer protection laws. The much hyped japanese quality and standards apply in japan only. They know very well the extent to which they can exploit the consumers in Pakistan. So writing to them will not even get a reply, much less any action to change the current practices.
    Sir we have consumer rights law for years, they just do not work.

CPLC is responsible for the working, if I am not mistaken.
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can not do anything about it !!
    "Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Beautiful CORPSE "
    How much horsepower gain do you get from your NOS sticker ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well any more ideas? come on guys there must be something. Were a bunch of car concerned people here

OK how about lets have any member here who is a previous victim n share his experience here, anyone who knows anyone whos been thru such an experience, i have a friend with this experience but he never took delivery of that car so he was kinda saved. Im talkin of someone who has taken delivery n later found out so wat he had to do to solve his problem?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had a case with my older freind with his new 2004 civic, the car tended to wander at 100 km/h - (3rd day of delivery) went back to my place to find - loose suspension bushing bolts, a crooked tie rod (civic 2004 tie rods are half the width of the car), and some very fine paint bubbles on the bumper. (repainted bumper)

The dealership said - sir aap kyun 1000 kms se pehlay 100 km/h per chala rahay hain, iss se warranty void ho saktee hai (misuse pe) - when asked about the bumper he had no answer and had his team of mechanics, painters etc lie to my face. (when I asked them plainly about how do you feel that you are feeding your kids haraam salary) - then they all left and the service manager was left aghast; later accepted that the car was tied down so badly on the truck that the suspension arm bent along with the tierod when it hit the chassis leg rail. - the bumper had to be repainted because it was damaged.

I can take a replaced and repainted bumper and suspension pieces with honesty - I was not rejecting the car, it was their utter dishonest lying that got on my nerve (how can you sleep at night by earning a living lying and tricking people)

Ive bought new mercedes benz sedans with such damage - and it was disclosed to me in an agreement that such and such parts have been renewed or refinished.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I had a case with my older freind with his new 2004 civic, the car tended to wander at 100 km/h - (3rd day of delivery) went back to my place to find - loose suspension bushing bolts, a crooked tie rod (civic 2004 tie rods are half the width of the car), and some very fine paint bubbles on the bumper. (repainted bumper)

The dealership said - sir aap kyun 1000 kms se pehlay 100 km/h per chala rahay hain, iss se warranty void ho saktee hai (misuse pe) - when asked about the bumper he had no answer and had his team of mechanics, painters etc lie to my face. (when I asked them plainly about how do you feel that you are feeding your kids haraam salary) - then they all left and the service manager was left aghast; later accepted that the car was tied down so badly on the truck that the suspension arm bent along with the tierod when it hit the chassis leg rail. - the bumper had to be repainted because it was damaged.

I can take a replaced and repainted bumper and suspension pieces with honesty - I was not rejecting the car, it was their utter dishonest lying that got on my nerve (how can you sleep at night by earning a living lying and tricking people)

Ive bought new mercedes benz sedans with such damage - and it was disclosed to me in an agreement that such and such parts have been renewed or refinished.
    Sir the problem is that they should improve on their manufacturing & distribution system.

Not everyone can be as forgiving and rightly so, if someone has paid a fortune to buy a new car he should not get a repainted bumper and bent suspension or at least the customer should be told about the fact and compensated somehow.

It should all remain as it is, as long as there are just those 3 car manufacturers, and that in turn will last for long as Pakistan's economy, business environment and people's purchasing power is not enough to create a demand for new players to enter into market.
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ofcourse,normal damage is rectified n then it is sold..wat biggie>?
    unless all damaged parts r changed with new ones,the car is still 0 meter..n 0 meter is for engine,ofcourse not for the body!
    REAL men drive manual cars!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List