Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toyota Belta or a Honda City (a buyers prespective)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Belta or a Honda City (a buyers prespective)

I searched didnt actualy found a City/Belta thread, (i dont count Corolla as a citys competitor to me its a bigger sedan)

As we all know the economic conditions of the country as soon as one plans to buy or comes close to buying a new car the car prices go up.

Ive been thru the same situation initialy had in mind a Corolla Gli, (we need a power pack car)

as the prices keep going up up and up, Corolla seems a dificult option City is the next big thing but to me Honda cars seem fragile (nazuq).

So i considered that a JDM used Belta 1.0L could be a better option in lesser price.

Engine size isnt a real big issue fomme neither is Citys boot a real requirment for me. All im looking for a is a trouble free car that wont bug me for 3-5 years minimum.

I curently have a Suzuki Baleno (2005) and JDM used toyota Vitz 2002,
    a Corolla Gli (2008), A Civic Vti (2004).

The Vitz has been the best (trouble free) car ever owned mashaAllah. And the best value for money too.

So for me going for a JDM car seems an ideal option. Currently were going to replace the Baleno for another car,

Toyota Belta

Prices : i think one can find a 1.0L version 2006-2008 for 10.5-12 lacks (top of the line versions) (clarification required)

Car sizes
    Length4,300 mm (169.3 in)
    Width1,695 mm (66.7 in)
    Height1,460 mm (57.5 in)

Honda City
    Prices manual tranny (Rs1315,000)
    Auto trany (Rs.1446,000)

Car sizes
    Length(mm)4,395
    Width(mm)1,695
    Height(mm)1,480

Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guganali007 View Post
    sir which model of vitz u have?
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im not racing both the cars, i want peace of mind, driving pleasure, and a trouble free car
    Honda city provides all of these, belta does too.but what if u need some small engine parts, some bearing, a belt or may be a technical valve clearence job, i dont think majority of local mechanics know belta as good as they know local cars.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    even my Vitz has more leg space etc then my Gli even beltas review says it roomier then the 01-08 Gen corolla
    well, then u shudnt say that city cannot compete against corolla... for a small family car like city civic corolla belta, wats more important then spaciousness and big boot? performance can almost be ignored....and yes, drive the new city n u ll know what a car it is... totally different compared to idsi...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for belta if resale is not an issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti bhai:
    Seeing you would be using it for family use and as a rough and tough car, the ultimate option would have been an Xli but as prices are insane; you've got the right idea to chose b/w Belta and City.
    I am the owner of both the cars. I have a automatic gun metallic belta 2006 1.0 and a manual City 2009 black .
    As far as 1.0 belta goes comparing it city; the engine is considerably underpowered.
    Both car have a good road grip and drive but city has more firm grip.
    I have never driven any previous model of City and this is my first City.
    After some fuel efficancy check i found city to be slighy more economic(may its manual or may i just try to accelerate belta too hard).
    Belta is mainly driven by my driver, who reaffirm that it is some time frustrating that its going slow when you need to get to some place quick.
    With belta you get 2-6 air bags and in city you dont get any, which is sad considering the thailand one has i as a standard.
    Brakes of both car are good: abs and all.
    Belta can get pretty noisy if you accelerate too quick, while city can stay quiet for longer time.

But Belta seem heaven in traffic jams, as it is automatic and my feet can relax.
    If you have ever driven a car called toyota Platz, its a slight improvement and engine "seems" to be quicker.

Now its your choice: You might have to see what you expect from both cars and may be you might get the answer automatically to which one you should buy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh btw:
    Belta is a very low car in terms of ground height, its bound to hit speed breakers and when you've got 4 ppl in it..... it'll definately hit those crazy speed brakers. You have to go at a slugs' speed to cross them with out hitting your car.
    While i've never seen this with city unless you're going at 70/80kmph (i've not done this but i saw someone do this)

p.s. If you dont mind; why dont you use your "2008 corolla gli" as the family car and buy a belta or city and use it your self.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    apreciate your advice, the sound issue seems just like the Vitz (gen2) as the same engine etc.

as u have driven the Belta, So tell me the one you drive how do u think its underpowered when u compare it with your Gen1 Vitz?

Does the car drag? accelerates hard? doesnt changes gears? lacks in over taking or what?

And are u sure ure using the proper iridium plugs in that car? (the 1kr-fe requires iridium plugs only)

I like the engine of my car way more than the one in belta. Even though my car is on cng and the belta on petrol, acceleration wise both feel the same i'd say but the difference in sound and feel is huge! Vitz is quite and you normally won't hear the engine sound in the cabin while in belta its the opposite.

Underpowered? Well I hope you have driven the city vario and know how a car with CVT drives. What i personally find very annoying is that, in the belta, when you're accelerating and want to reach at a certain speed quickly i.e. 80km/h.. The engine would keep roaring at high rpm until you reach that speed. The sound that it produces in the process makes you want the car to change the gear (But no, its CVT!)

On the other hand I just can't get over the fact that if i buy the new city, i'll no longer be able to retract side mirrors while sitting inside, drive a car worth 13+ lacs with no airbags, driver and passenger map lights etc for the same reason i was looking for a vti oriel 05-06 which offers all these except the airbags. Vitz has ruined me

I don't know abt the plugs since its my friends car.

Drive both and decide. You can test drive the belta if you want, i can arrange that for you. But I haven't driven the new city myself.
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Belta

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

right belta got all the goodies plus a crash certified safety car .Plus cabin interior quality feels richer than city.space is good .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfay View Post
    I like the engine of my car way more than the one in belta. Even though my car is on cng and the belta on petrol, acceleration wise both feel the same i'd say but the difference in sound and feel is huge! Vitz is quite and you normally won't hear the engine sound in the cabin while in belta its the opposite.

Underpowered? Well I hope you have driven the city vario and know how a car with CVT drives. What i personally find very annoying is that, in the belta, when you're accelerating and want to reach at a certain speed quickly i.e. 80km/h.. The engine would keep roaring at high rpm until you reach that speed. The sound that it produces in the process makes you want the car to change the gear (But no, its CVT!)

On the other hand I just can't get over the fact that if i buy the new city, i'll no longer be able to retract side mirrors while sitting inside, drive a car worth 13+ lacs with no airbags, driver and passenger map lights etc for the same reason i was looking for a vti oriel 05-06 which offers all these except the airbags. Vitz has ruined me

Drive both and decide. You can test drive the belta if you want, i can arrange that for you. But I haven't driven the new city myself.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well u should compare new corolla with new city than say about spaciousness.
    According to international level city is no way in comparison with corolla its can be compared with vitz,belta,desire,swift and city itself is sedan version of jazz or fit
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    well, then u shudnt say that city cannot compete against corolla... for a small family car like city civic corolla belta, wats more important then spaciousness and big boot? performance can almost be ignored....and yes, drive the new city n u ll know what a car it is... totally different compared to idsi...
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sailare View Post
    @chinyoti bhai:
    Seeing you would be using it for family use and as a rough and tough car, the ultimate option would have been an Xli but as prices are insane; you've got the right idea to chose b/w Belta and City.
    I am the owner of both the cars. I have a automatic gun metallic belta 2006 1.0 and a manual City 2009 black .
    As far as 1.0 belta goes comparing it city; the engine is considerably underpowered.
    Both car have a good road grip and drive but city has more firm grip.
    I have never driven any previous model of City and this is my first City.
    After some fuel efficancy check i found city to be slighy more economic(may its manual or may i just try to accelerate belta too hard).
    Belta is mainly driven by my driver, who reaffirm that it is some time frustrating that its going slow when you need to get to some place quick.
    With belta you get 2-6 air bags and in city you dont get any, which is sad considering the thailand one has i as a standard.
    Brakes of both car are good: abs and all.
    Belta can get pretty noisy if you accelerate too quick, while city can stay quiet for longer time.

But Belta seem heaven in traffic jams, as it is automatic and my feet can relax.
    If you have ever driven a car called toyota Platz, its a slight improvement and engine "seems" to be quicker.

Now its your choice: You might have to see what you expect from both cars and may be you might get the answer automatically to which one you should buy.
    Okay.. this is a help ful review, ure using Belta as a smaller car, yes you are right over taking sometimes can be a issue, (specialy highways)

p.s. If you dont mind; why dont you use your "2008 corolla gli" as the family car and buy a belta or city and use it your self.
    Thats my grand fathers car, mostly the driver drives it, so its kinda restircted of use

and lol theres no concept of a personal car in our family , altho the Vitz is associated with me for university and some groceries etc. But Vitz remains a all rounder any one who finds the keys drives it mostly because its auto.

And i think if belta makes its way in, then Belta is going to be the every ones use car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfay View Post

Lol ruined essa wessa... altho mines a early 2002 so i have lesser goodies then your car has, but auto trany, side mirrors retractables, a extremly short turning radius, spacious interior its realy ruined us.

i realy apreciate the offer you gave to test drive curently im just trying to make up my fathers mind, once hes ready i might ask you or straight away take him to a show room and ask for a test drive.

Belta only comes in the question when we find it 1.5 to 2 lacks cheaper then the City (for a 07-08 Belta) if im going for a belta for above 12.5 then City all the way i suppose.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for belta all the way .. !!! 1.3 belta is gud as compared to 1 litre one.. i have a belta 1.3 and belive me it is the fastest car amoung the automatic transmisoins available in 1.3 cc category.. city is cheap all the way except for its pick (only in M/T) and the body is crap the overall finishing is crap even the whole car is crap fro the interioe to exterior..my friend has city 09 and he is fed up wd it..
    and in belta u get
    1) 8 AIR BAGS
    2) DVD PLAYER
    3) REAR CAMERA
    4) FRONT HEAD LAMPS ADJUSTRE
    5) DOCH VVTI ENGINE
    6) EPS
    7) ABS + EBD
    8) ITS IS WAY BIGGER THEN A CITY INSIDE
    9) 1.3 GIVES 17KMS IN CITY AND 20KMS IN HIGHWAY
    10) BEST ROAD GRIP AS COMPARED TO CITY OR COROLLA
    11) POWERFUL BRAKES ..
    12) and above all it is imported and belongs to toyota family which never ever give up unlike hondas..
    these above things makes the car far far better then a local made city wd cheap quality
    if u want to but a belta go for 1.3 g package will cost u 12-13 lacs ..
    EX Hallian

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and navigation and gps too
    EX Hallian

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ @umer thanks for a detailed reply, but u missed it, its a 5 month old thread, went for a Gli instead.

maybe because the Gli came in the C segment sedan, while Belta and City were subcompact sedans (sedan version of their hatch back twins),

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no probz buddy iam sorry i didnt c the actual date of ur thread..
    EX Hallian

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

belta all the way but its not a rough and tough car the only problem is its ground clearance otherwise its not underpowered and build quality is far better than city i have a 1300cc belta its a pleasure to drive

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List